We are supposed to travel to Mae Sot in the end of September for mission work. Lately I have been feeling uneasy as my 18 year old blonde hair blue eyed daughter will be travelling with me. (I am bias but am told regularly of her beauty) I am wondering what the current situation is like over there right now? I recently travelled and met a girl from Bangkok who said there are often car bombings up that way. Is there a concern for kidnapping? Most of our team is older. What are the concerns to be aware of for an 18 year old female travelling there? Thanks for any help anyone can offer for my concerns!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Years in Japan
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 4 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 5 Sri Lanka in December
- 6 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 7 New Thai Visa
- 8 january 31 in colombo
- 9 Serendipity Srilanka
- 10 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 11 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 12 Traffic and Police in India
- 13 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 14 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 15 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 3 weeks in Japan
- 18 A first time for everything in Japan
- 19 India Tour Companies
- 20 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 21 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 22 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 23 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 24 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 25 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought