I'm going to Jakarta in march 2016. I'm a solo adventurer, I always hike alone in free-to-go, unpaid places, I hate organised trips and I don't want to spend money for some for-tourists attractions. I dream of big jungle to hike, with locals only (if any).
Here are my questions:
-Where are bigger and denser jungles? Borneo or Sumatra?
-What is a perfect place to hike for a week or two, without paying anything to anyone? I'm not generally interested in National Parks, unless you can sleep there somewhere for free, far away from resorts, huts and tourists. I could pay entry fee if I have to, but NO paid places to sleep over night. I have a hammock, nice supply of food and handheld water decontamination systems. I can manage without visiting stores for some time. Already did it in a past, so I'm sure about my survival experience.
-What is a PRESENT situation with those huge forest fires? Is entire Borneo in dense haze?
-Is there a cheap way to transit from jakarta to borneo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscombined.com/forskolin-rt/
- 2 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 3 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 4 India help needed
- 5 Place to stay Hue
- 6 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 9 Go to Pai or not?
- 10 Ko Kraden hotels
- 11 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 12 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 13 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 14 Hoi Ann hotel
- 15 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 18 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 19 Trekking outside Sapa
- 20 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 21 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 22 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 23 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 24 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 25 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India