I'm going to Jakarta in march 2016. I'm a solo adventurer, I always hike alone in free-to-go, unpaid places, I hate organised trips and I don't want to spend money for some for-tourists attractions. I dream of big jungle to hike, with locals only (if any).
Here are my questions:
-Where are bigger and denser jungles? Borneo or Sumatra?
-What is a perfect place to hike for a week or two, without paying anything to anyone? I'm not generally interested in National Parks, unless you can sleep there somewhere for free, far away from resorts, huts and tourists. I could pay entry fee if I have to, but NO paid places to sleep over night. I have a hammock, nice supply of food and handheld water decontamination systems. I can manage without visiting stores for some time. Already did it in a past, so I'm sure about my survival experience.
-What is a PRESENT situation with those huge forest fires? Is entire Borneo in dense haze?
-Is there a cheap way to transit from jakarta to borneo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Gma!L@ INSTALLATION/SET-UP CONTACT 1-855-999-8045 TECHNICAL CAre D*J
- 2 shanghai for 4 days
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Japan rough itinerary
- 5 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 6 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 7 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 8 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 10 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 11 Budget Servied Apt
- 12 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 13 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 14 Something about... Malaysia
- 15 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 16 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 17 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 18 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 19 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 20 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 21 Japan Itinerary!
- 22 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 23 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 24 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar
- 25 First Trip to Japan in August