I'm going to Jakarta in march 2016. I'm a solo adventurer, I always hike alone in free-to-go, unpaid places, I hate organised trips and I don't want to spend money for some for-tourists attractions. I dream of big jungle to hike, with locals only (if any).
Here are my questions:
-Where are bigger and denser jungles? Borneo or Sumatra?
-What is a perfect place to hike for a week or two, without paying anything to anyone? I'm not generally interested in National Parks, unless you can sleep there somewhere for free, far away from resorts, huts and tourists. I could pay entry fee if I have to, but NO paid places to sleep over night. I have a hammock, nice supply of food and handheld water decontamination systems. I can manage without visiting stores for some time. Already did it in a past, so I'm sure about my survival experience.
-What is a PRESENT situation with those huge forest fires? Is entire Borneo in dense haze?
-Is there a cheap way to transit from jakarta to borneo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo hotel help
- 2 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 3 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 4 Bali - What to do?
- 5 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 6 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 7 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 8 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 9 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 12 Private tours in Northern India
- 13 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 14 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 15 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 16 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 17 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 18 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 19 Vietnam visa
- 20 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 21 Family Friendly Penang
- 22 Train trip costs help please
- 23 Weather forecast
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 New Vietnam eVisa service