I'm going to Jakarta in march 2016. I'm a solo adventurer, I always hike alone in free-to-go, unpaid places, I hate organised trips and I don't want to spend money for some for-tourists attractions. I dream of big jungle to hike, with locals only (if any).
Here are my questions:
-Where are bigger and denser jungles? Borneo or Sumatra?
-What is a perfect place to hike for a week or two, without paying anything to anyone? I'm not generally interested in National Parks, unless you can sleep there somewhere for free, far away from resorts, huts and tourists. I could pay entry fee if I have to, but NO paid places to sleep over night. I have a hammock, nice supply of food and handheld water decontamination systems. I can manage without visiting stores for some time. Already did it in a past, so I'm sure about my survival experience.
-What is a PRESENT situation with those huge forest fires? Is entire Borneo in dense haze?
-Is there a cheap way to transit from jakarta to borneo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 2 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 3 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 4 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 5 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 6 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 7 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Beijing tours
- 10 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 11 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 14 Takayama trail, Japan
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 17 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 18 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 19 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 20 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 21 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 24 Hútòng Walking
- 25 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos