I'm going to Jakarta in march 2016. I'm a solo adventurer, I always hike alone in free-to-go, unpaid places, I hate organised trips and I don't want to spend money for some for-tourists attractions. I dream of big jungle to hike, with locals only (if any).
Here are my questions:
-Where are bigger and denser jungles? Borneo or Sumatra?
-What is a perfect place to hike for a week or two, without paying anything to anyone? I'm not generally interested in National Parks, unless you can sleep there somewhere for free, far away from resorts, huts and tourists. I could pay entry fee if I have to, but NO paid places to sleep over night. I have a hammock, nice supply of food and handheld water decontamination systems. I can manage without visiting stores for some time. Already did it in a past, so I'm sure about my survival experience.
-What is a PRESENT situation with those huge forest fires? Is entire Borneo in dense haze?
-Is there a cheap way to transit from jakarta to borneo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/active-brightening-face-serum/
- 2 To do or not to do - trek in Nepal
- 3 Impressions of India
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Laos planning.
- 6 Bye bye SE Asia
- 7 Japan - costs
- 8 Japan for Foodies
- 9 Lava Tour Merapi Yogyakarta Report
- 10 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 11 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 12 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 13 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 14 Japan Rail Pass
- 15 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 16 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 17 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 18 Sri Lanka May
- 19 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 20 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 21 Japan rough itinerary
- 22 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 23 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 24 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 25 One night in Osaka