Need some advice on booking train tickets in Japan. I am flying into Tokyo for a few days and want to take the train to and from Yudanaka to see the snow monkeys. I have done some research and see that I need to take two trains each way.
My question is how would I book tickets in advance? Is there a way to book from abroad or do I just show up to the train station the day I want to travel?
I am flying into Tokyo late the night before I want to take the train so buying tickets the day before is not an option. I don’t want to risk not being able to get there or not having a seat.
I don’t think the rail passes make sense so would be looking to buy individual tickets.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 릴 게임 동영상 ＜접_속: kkn36.com＞
- 2 Silk Road Tour - China
- 3 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 4 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 5 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 6 November, March, June... Japan?
- 7 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 8 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 11 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 12 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 13 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 14 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 15 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 16 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 17 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 18 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 19 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 20 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 21 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 22 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 25 Kuala Lumpur itinerary