Need some advice on booking train tickets in Japan. I am flying into Tokyo for a few days and want to take the train to and from Yudanaka to see the snow monkeys. I have done some research and see that I need to take two trains each way.
My question is how would I book tickets in advance? Is there a way to book from abroad or do I just show up to the train station the day I want to travel?
I am flying into Tokyo late the night before I want to take the train so buying tickets the day before is not an option. I don’t want to risk not being able to get there or not having a seat.
I don’t think the rail passes make sense so would be looking to buy individual tickets.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 2 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 3 Tokyo daytrip
- 4 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 5 Japan GTG, early April
- 6 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 7 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 8 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 9 Trip Report : China
- 10 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 11 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 12 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 13 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 14 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 15 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 16 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 17 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 18 Bali - What to do?
- 19 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 20 Impressions of India
- 21 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 22 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 23 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 24 Taiwan confusion..
- 25 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?