Need some advice on booking train tickets in Japan. I am flying into Tokyo for a few days and want to take the train to and from Yudanaka to see the snow monkeys. I have done some research and see that I need to take two trains each way.
My question is how would I book tickets in advance? Is there a way to book from abroad or do I just show up to the train station the day I want to travel?
I am flying into Tokyo late the night before I want to take the train so buying tickets the day before is not an option. I don’t want to risk not being able to get there or not having a seat.
I don’t think the rail passes make sense so would be looking to buy individual tickets.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 2 온라인 신천지 ▼ 접속 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 3 Christmas in the Alps
- 4 Bali - Benoa or Pettingenet?
- 5 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 6 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 7 Hesitating between Backpacking and Aisec project
- 8 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 9 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 10 2 weeks in Tokyo - Itinerary review please?
- 11 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 12 Phnom Penh during Bon Om Touk?
- 13 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 14 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 15 sri lanka- tips required
- 16 base bangkok or manilla
- 17 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 18 Idiotic time zone question
- 19 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 20 Mount Koya
- 21 Sometahing is wrong
- 22 Twin rooms in Japan
- 23 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 24 Change my Itinerary?
- 25 New Vietnam eVisa service