Need some advice on booking train tickets in Japan. I am flying into Tokyo for a few days and want to take the train to and from Yudanaka to see the snow monkeys. I have done some research and see that I need to take two trains each way.
My question is how would I book tickets in advance? Is there a way to book from abroad or do I just show up to the train station the day I want to travel?
I am flying into Tokyo late the night before I want to take the train so buying tickets the day before is not an option. I don’t want to risk not being able to get there or not having a seat.
I don’t think the rail passes make sense so would be looking to buy individual tickets.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 3 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 4 14 days in Myanmar
- 5 Changing planes at Dubai
- 6 50th Anniversary trip
- 7 Indian Food Series
- 8 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 9 "necessities" for India
- 10 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 11 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 12 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 13 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 17 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 18 Short trip to Myanmar
- 19 ATMs in Japan
- 20 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 21 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 22 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 23 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 24 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 25 Mandalay questions