Need some advice on booking train tickets in Japan. I am flying into Tokyo for a few days and want to take the train to and from Yudanaka to see the snow monkeys. I have done some research and see that I need to take two trains each way.
My question is how would I book tickets in advance? Is there a way to book from abroad or do I just show up to the train station the day I want to travel?
I am flying into Tokyo late the night before I want to take the train so buying tickets the day before is not an option. I don’t want to risk not being able to get there or not having a seat.
I don’t think the rail passes make sense so would be looking to buy individual tickets.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 4 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 5 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 6 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 7 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 8 Road Scholar tour in China
- 9 China in june-July
- 10 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 11 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 12 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 13 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 14 Bali - What to do?
- 15 China in July
- 16 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 17 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 18 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 19 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 20 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 21 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 22 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 23 Being customs
- 24 Itinerary feedback please
- 25 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai