Need some advice on booking train tickets in Japan. I am flying into Tokyo for a few days and want to take the train to and from Yudanaka to see the snow monkeys. I have done some research and see that I need to take two trains each way.
My question is how would I book tickets in advance? Is there a way to book from abroad or do I just show up to the train station the day I want to travel?
I am flying into Tokyo late the night before I want to take the train so buying tickets the day before is not an option. I don’t want to risk not being able to get there or not having a seat.
I don’t think the rail passes make sense so would be looking to buy individual tickets.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 2 Japan Rail Pass
- 3 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 4 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 5 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 6 Japan for Foodies
- 7 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 8 Japan rough itinerary
- 9 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 10 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 11 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 12 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 13 One night in Osaka
- 14 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 15 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 16 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 17 Singapore weather in August/September
- 18 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 19 First time going abroad
- 20 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 21 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 22 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 23 Backpacking on a budget
- 24 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 25 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review