Need some advice on booking train tickets in Japan. I am flying into Tokyo for a few days and want to take the train to and from Yudanaka to see the snow monkeys. I have done some research and see that I need to take two trains each way.
My question is how would I book tickets in advance? Is there a way to book from abroad or do I just show up to the train station the day I want to travel?
I am flying into Tokyo late the night before I want to take the train so buying tickets the day before is not an option. I don’t want to risk not being able to get there or not having a seat.
I don’t think the rail passes make sense so would be looking to buy individual tickets.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy Ielts certificates, Buy Passport, Buy Visa, Buy Driving Licence
- 2 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 3 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 4 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 7 Magical India
- 8 India itinerary critique please
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 14 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 15 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 16 Himachal Pradesh
- 17 Luggage size China ?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 Thai Elephants
- 20 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 21 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 22 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 25 Japan/Korea/HK