We are going to the Maldives and Sri Lanka for our Honeymoon in October. Our proposed itinerary is as follows:
7 nights in the Maldives (W Hotel)
Oct 16th - Arrival in Colombo airport at 6:30pm - sleep at the Tintagel or the Walawwa?
Oct 17th - Vil Uyana Hotel (Forest Dwelling)
Oct 18th - Vil Uyana Hotel (Forest Dwelling)
Oct 19th - The Kandy House (Ultra rooms)
Oct 20th - The Kandy House (Ultra rooms)
Oct 21th - The Tea Trails (Garden Suites)
Oct 22th - The Tea Trails (Garden Suites)
Oct 23rd - The Tea Trails (Garden Suites)
Oct 24th - Depart to Dubai at 2:10 pm
3 nights in Dubai
We are still in doubt if we should sleep at the Walawwa for the first night or at the Tintagel, in Colombo. Option 2 would be interesting to do a city tour in Colombo and to know the city, but we do not know if it is worthy. What would you recommend us to do?
We would like to visit the most interesting sites and thought of: Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla cave temples and the main temples in Kandy (including the temple of the Tooth). We would also like to do some bike riding / water rafting in the Tea Trails. We would like to know your opinions about that, please. We also love to have time on our own to stroll around and relax.
Thank you so much and all the best,
Proposed itinerary for a honeymoon in Sri Lanka
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 2 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 3 Japan Itinerary for May
- 4 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 5 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 6 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 7 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 8 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 9 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 10 Myanmar Visa Online - Report
- 11 General question
- 12 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 13 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 14 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 15 South Korea 5 days
- 16 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 17 Thai island escape
- 18 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 19 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 20 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 21 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 22 Phuket Hotel
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 25 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?