An article in the NY Times reads: 3. Visit a Thai optician. When headed to Thailand, bring along an optometrist’s prescription — or simply know your prescription — and order contact lenses or glasses at a fraction the cost you would pay at home, said Tida Harnpanpongse of the Tourism Authority of Thailand. In fact, she added, you don’t need a prescription for much of anything, which can come in handy if you forget a medication or get sick on the road and are “skilled” at self-diagnosis. Ms. Harnpanpongse also mentioned that gender reassignment surgery is also a bargain in Thailand, but maybe try out the glasses first.
My question to those who know Bangkok, what optical shops do you recommend? How long does it take to get them done?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 파워볼 분석 사이트 ▶ 도메인 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 나눔파워볼 ▼ 접속 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 First time to India
- 5 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 6 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 7 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 8 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 9 First time getting out of the country
- 10 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 11 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 12 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 13 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 14 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 15 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 16 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 17 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 18 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 19 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 20 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 21 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 22 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 23 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 24 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 25 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report