Just looking for a little advice - we are scheduled to depart for a trip to Thailand in ~ 3 weeks; we are planning on being there the first two weeks of November, and then popping over to Cambodia. Our itinerary focuses on Bangkok, and then heading north with stops in Aytutthaya, Sukhothai, Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai, before returning to Bangkok, with a side trip to Angor Wat tacked onto the end, which brings our total trip to ~ 18 days. However, given the flooding that has already occurred and the stories of railways and highways to the north being shut down, I'm wondering if we should try to reschedule. I'm also very concerned what the response of our travel agency (SmarTours) will be. Travel insurance, while offered, was declined since it did not address natural disaster, and seemed mostly health based. If anyone has any information on what the situation is like right now or dealing w natural disasters and SmarTours, please post!
Postpone Thailand Trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok and Manila
- 2 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 3 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 4 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 5 Help re. Visa.
- 6 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 7 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 8 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 9 Visa
- 10 Gluten free in Japan?
- 11 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 12 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 13 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 14 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 15 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 16 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 17 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 18 Need a guide in Burma?
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 21 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 22 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 23 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 24 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 25 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?