Just looking for a little advice - we are scheduled to depart for a trip to Thailand in ~ 3 weeks; we are planning on being there the first two weeks of November, and then popping over to Cambodia. Our itinerary focuses on Bangkok, and then heading north with stops in Aytutthaya, Sukhothai, Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai, before returning to Bangkok, with a side trip to Angor Wat tacked onto the end, which brings our total trip to ~ 18 days. However, given the flooding that has already occurred and the stories of railways and highways to the north being shut down, I'm wondering if we should try to reschedule. I'm also very concerned what the response of our travel agency (SmarTours) will be. Travel insurance, while offered, was declined since it did not address natural disaster, and seemed mostly health based. If anyone has any information on what the situation is like right now or dealing w natural disasters and SmarTours, please post!
Postpone Thailand Trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 2 Japan - spending money?
- 3 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 4 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 5 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 6 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 7 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 8 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 9 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 10 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 11 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 12 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 13 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 14 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 15 April in Bangkok, again!
- 16 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 17 1st Trip to Bali
- 18 Phuket or Koh Samui
- 19 Japan night bus
- 20 Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam - Recommendations on order of Trip!
- 21 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 22 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 23 Can you bargain tour price?
- 24 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 25 4 week solo trip through Myanmar/ Burma