Just looking for a little advice - we are scheduled to depart for a trip to Thailand in ~ 3 weeks; we are planning on being there the first two weeks of November, and then popping over to Cambodia. Our itinerary focuses on Bangkok, and then heading north with stops in Aytutthaya, Sukhothai, Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai, before returning to Bangkok, with a side trip to Angor Wat tacked onto the end, which brings our total trip to ~ 18 days. However, given the flooding that has already occurred and the stories of railways and highways to the north being shut down, I'm wondering if we should try to reschedule. I'm also very concerned what the response of our travel agency (SmarTours) will be. Travel insurance, while offered, was declined since it did not address natural disaster, and seemed mostly health based. If anyone has any information on what the situation is like right now or dealing w natural disasters and SmarTours, please post!
Postpone Thailand Trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 Living in Singapore Questions
- 3 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 4 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Japan night bus
- 9 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 10 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 11 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 12 Problems at 12,000'
- 13 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 14 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 15 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 16 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 17 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 18 Which Putu in Bali????
- 19 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 20 Japan, japan
- 21 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 22 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 23 Hong Kong restaurants
- 24 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 25 India for 2 weeks in December/January