I am usually on the USA and Caribbean boards, so this is my first time posting on the Asia board
My father lives in Singapore (teaches English) and has for over 5 years. I am also a teacher and have summers off...I have never visited Singapore, so I am thinking of planning a trip there next summer. I don't need tips on what to see there since obviously I can get that from Dad, but I was interested in where you all might suggest I also visit. I live on the East Coast of the USA, so I would have a couple weeks to spend...where else would be convenient to visit from Singapore, assuming my RT flight takes me to and from Sg? I was thinking maybe Bali or Bangkok? I love beachy, islandy vacations, as well as exotic cities. Any suggestions would be great Thanks a lot!
Possible trip to Singapore next summer -- where else in Asia to visit?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 meeting at beijing airport
- 2 One week in Tokyo
- 3 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 4 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 5 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 6 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 7 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 8 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 9 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 10 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 11 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 13 Hotel in Singapore
- 14 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 15 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 16 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 17 Bali - January 2015
- 18 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 19 Visa Cambodia
- 20 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 21 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 22 Two questions about Thailand
- 23 Help! Taking Prescription Drugs Into Japan
- 24 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 25 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?