I am usually on the USA and Caribbean boards, so this is my first time posting on the Asia board
My father lives in Singapore (teaches English) and has for over 5 years. I am also a teacher and have summers off...I have never visited Singapore, so I am thinking of planning a trip there next summer. I don't need tips on what to see there since obviously I can get that from Dad, but I was interested in where you all might suggest I also visit. I live on the East Coast of the USA, so I would have a couple weeks to spend...where else would be convenient to visit from Singapore, assuming my RT flight takes me to and from Sg? I was thinking maybe Bali or Bangkok? I love beachy, islandy vacations, as well as exotic cities. Any suggestions would be great Thanks a lot!
Possible trip to Singapore next summer -- where else in Asia to visit?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 3 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 4 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 5 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 6 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 7 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 8 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 9 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 10 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 11 How safe is Delhi/India
- 12 Malaria
- 13 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 14 Vietnam and coffee
- 15 I'm going to Japan!
- 16 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 17 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Cherry blossom
- 20 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 21 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 22 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 25 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport