I am going on a Japan-American Grassroots Summit in June - this year the Summit is in the Noto Peninsula.
I will be spending time IN Shika = a village on the Sea of Japan - hailed as one of the great bathing spots. There are so many things that this Summit will expose me to. Following the week on the Noto Peninsula, I can go to several places - and I'm thinking about Kyoto for my additional 4days/3 nights. My quesion is: if I wanted to go to Kanagawa - to see Mt. Fuji and Yokohama, or Kagoshima where there are natural sand steam baths - how far would this be - how can I get from Kyoto to - particularly Kagoshima?
AND suggestions are welcomed - I will have 4 days/3 nights in Kyoto, Japan, Kanagawa, Kagoshima - or other small villages/towns. I am traveling as a single female.
Thank you for your assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 2 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 3 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 8 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 9 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 10 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 15 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 16 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 17 A great trip in India
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 20 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 21 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 22 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 23 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 24 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan