I am going on a Japan-American Grassroots Summit in June - this year the Summit is in the Noto Peninsula.
I will be spending time IN Shika = a village on the Sea of Japan - hailed as one of the great bathing spots. There are so many things that this Summit will expose me to. Following the week on the Noto Peninsula, I can go to several places - and I'm thinking about Kyoto for my additional 4days/3 nights. My quesion is: if I wanted to go to Kanagawa - to see Mt. Fuji and Yokohama, or Kagoshima where there are natural sand steam baths - how far would this be - how can I get from Kyoto to - particularly Kagoshima?
AND suggestions are welcomed - I will have 4 days/3 nights in Kyoto, Japan, Kanagawa, Kagoshima - or other small villages/towns. I am traveling as a single female.
Thank you for your assistance.
Point of reference in Japan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 2 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 3 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 4 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 5 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 8 Kashmir today
- 9 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 10 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 11 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 12 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 13 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 14 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 15 Triple Room in Singapore
- 16 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 17 What I like about Mumbai
- 18 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 19 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 20 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 21 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 22 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 23 6 full days in Yagoon
- 24 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo
- 25 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??