I am going on a Japan-American Grassroots Summit in June - this year the Summit is in the Noto Peninsula.
I will be spending time IN Shika = a village on the Sea of Japan - hailed as one of the great bathing spots. There are so many things that this Summit will expose me to. Following the week on the Noto Peninsula, I can go to several places - and I'm thinking about Kyoto for my additional 4days/3 nights. My quesion is: if I wanted to go to Kanagawa - to see Mt. Fuji and Yokohama, or Kagoshima where there are natural sand steam baths - how far would this be - how can I get from Kyoto to - particularly Kagoshima?
AND suggestions are welcomed - I will have 4 days/3 nights in Kyoto, Japan, Kanagawa, Kagoshima - or other small villages/towns. I am traveling as a single female.
Thank you for your assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 2 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 3 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 4 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 5 Booking on the fly
- 6 Tea estates of Munnar
- 7 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 8 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 9 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 10 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 11 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 12 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 13 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 14 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 15 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 16 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 17 like my food
- 18 Laos or Kerala?
- 19 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 20 Portable wifi rental
- 21 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 22 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 23 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 24 Duty-Free on Arrival at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport
- 25 Gluten Free in Armenia?