We just bought tickets for an August trip to Thailand and Siem Reap. We're also considering a few days in Hanoi as part of the trip. We will be flying roundtrip from New York to Bangkok and I am now trying to decide where we'll go on the ground and what order makes the most sense. We anticipate flying from place to place. We would like to spend time in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, possibly Chiang Rai, Siem Reap, and possibly Hanoi. Any thoughts on the best order (particularly insights into how we could avoid flying back and forth to Bangkok to move between destinations) would be much appreciated. Also, any information on August weather issues that might be unique to Chiang Rai would be helpful. Thanks for all your expertise!
Please help with order of Thailand/Cambodia itinerary
- 1 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 2 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 3 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 4 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 5 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 6 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 7 where to go in SE Asia
- 8 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 9 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 10 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 11 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 12 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 13 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 14 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 15 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 16 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 17 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 18 Sri Lanka
- 19 Suggestion for Bali
- 20 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 21 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 22 Family Japan Trip in August for First Time - Hotel Planning Advice
- 23 Hello, Vietnam
- 24 Is it worth switching hotels in Tokyo?
- 25 Kashmir or Nepal