We are a family of four, Mom and Dad mid 50's, daughter 28 and son 24. The kids have invited us to travel with them to SEA! Our dates are March 21 to April 4. We are flying out of JFK and arrive BKK on the 22 evening. The rest of this is tentative. We are wondering if we are biting off too much. Thinking of cutting Chaing Mai if needed. None of our group has been to SEA, but all experienced one backpack travelers. So--March 23, 24 and 25 in BKK, then a beach (suggestions welcomed--we prefer more quiet than noise) for March 26, 27, 28. Travel 29 to Siem Reap with a full three days there--Mar. 30, 31 April 1, Chaing Mai for April 2 and 3 and then go back to BKK to leave April 4 in the morning. The last days in each place will be travel times via air in the evening. I'm voting cutting the beach to two days since we have all been to beaches before. Some want to cut CM since it is further to get there. I appreciate any suggestions. We are all so excited to take this trip! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 2 Bali & Singapore in October
- 3 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 4 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 5 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 6 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 7 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 8 Booking on the fly
- 9 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 10 Tea estates of Munnar
- 11 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 12 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 13 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 14 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 15 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 16 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 17 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 18 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 19 like my food
- 20 Laos or Kerala?
- 21 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 22 Portable wifi rental
- 23 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 24 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 25 Where to from Tokyo?!