We are a family of four, Mom and Dad mid 50's, daughter 28 and son 24. The kids have invited us to travel with them to SEA! Our dates are March 21 to April 4. We are flying out of JFK and arrive BKK on the 22 evening. The rest of this is tentative. We are wondering if we are biting off too much. Thinking of cutting Chaing Mai if needed. None of our group has been to SEA, but all experienced one backpack travelers. So--March 23, 24 and 25 in BKK, then a beach (suggestions welcomed--we prefer more quiet than noise) for March 26, 27, 28. Travel 29 to Siem Reap with a full three days there--Mar. 30, 31 April 1, Chaing Mai for April 2 and 3 and then go back to BKK to leave April 4 in the morning. The last days in each place will be travel times via air in the evening. I'm voting cutting the beach to two days since we have all been to beaches before. Some want to cut CM since it is further to get there. I appreciate any suggestions. We are all so excited to take this trip! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 2 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 5 India help needed
- 6 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 7 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 8 Sim cards and adaptors
- 9 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 10 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 11 Sri Lanka Visa
- 12 Hoi Ann hotel
- 13 Hotel in Hanoi
- 14 Place to stay Hue
- 15 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 16 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 17 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 18 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 19 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 20 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 21 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 22 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 23 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 24 Trekking outside Sapa
- 25 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann