We are a family of four, Mom and Dad mid 50's, daughter 28 and son 24. The kids have invited us to travel with them to SEA! Our dates are March 21 to April 4. We are flying out of JFK and arrive BKK on the 22 evening. The rest of this is tentative. We are wondering if we are biting off too much. Thinking of cutting Chaing Mai if needed. None of our group has been to SEA, but all experienced one backpack travelers. So--March 23, 24 and 25 in BKK, then a beach (suggestions welcomed--we prefer more quiet than noise) for March 26, 27, 28. Travel 29 to Siem Reap with a full three days there--Mar. 30, 31 April 1, Chaing Mai for April 2 and 3 and then go back to BKK to leave April 4 in the morning. The last days in each place will be travel times via air in the evening. I'm voting cutting the beach to two days since we have all been to beaches before. Some want to cut CM since it is further to get there. I appreciate any suggestions. We are all so excited to take this trip! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 2 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 3 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 4 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 5 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 6 Other than Kyoto?
- 7 Trip Report : China
- 8 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 9 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 10 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 11 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 12 Japan GTG, early April
- 13 Beijing tours
- 14 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 15 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 16 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 17 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 18 A great trip in India
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 22 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 23 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 24 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan