Our planning has moved another step forward with our 2015 trip to Nepal and Bhutan. We have definitely decided to go with Dhamey Tensing Norghay's Noble Traveller (sounds like great company, doesn't come through so clearly on his website) and Dhamey has assured us that we can have the guide who took close friends of friends to Bhutan recently. The friend of friend has done much guiding himself, is smart, charismatic and funny and anyone he says is
GREAT, I trust to be.
So where we are now is SF-Bangkok (unsuccessfully begged husband to redo kitchen so we can have another miles for two free business tickets) with United then two nights in Bangkok at the Shangri-La hotel. Then this is the 3 week itinerary that Dhamey suggested:
Nov 3: Bangkok - Kathmandu
Nov 4: Kathmandu (Mountain Flight)
Nov 5: Kathmandu - Pokhara (mid day flight) (Mountain Flight back up in the morning)
Nov 6; Pokhara
Nov 7: Pokhara - Kathmandu
Nov 8: Kathmandu to Paro
Nov 9: Punakha
Nov 10 Phobjikha
Nov 11: Phobjikha (Black Neck Crane Festival)
Nov 12: Trongsa
Nov 13: Bumthang
Nov 14: Bumthang
Nov 15: Bumthang - Paro (flight)
Nov 16: Drukpath Trek
Nov 17: Drukpath Trek
Nov 18: Drukpath Trek
Nov 19: Drukpath Trek
Nov 20: Thimphu
Nov 21: Thimphu
Nov 22: Paro
Nov 23: Paro (Tiger's nest day hike)
Nov 24: Depart for Bangkok
We will either add another night to Kathmandu at the beginning OR (and here's question 1) spend 3 nights in Kathmandu then 1 in Bukatapor. I'm drawn to the beauty of Pokhara but concerned by descriptions of over tourism but would love to see the views of the Annapurna Range..but am interested also in Bukatapor. (spelling)
In Bhutan, I like how he arranged it, am a bit nervous about the trek but would REALLY like to do it, also concerned about could this be an overdose of temples and forts?
I'm also excited!!! All thoughts welcome. Thanks for all those so far. Kathie I think you should consider this.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 2 Itinerary Help Japan
- 3 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 4 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 5 November, March, June... Japan?
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 9 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 10 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 11 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 12 Silk Road Tour - China
- 13 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 17 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 18 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 19 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 20 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 23 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 24 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 25 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram