Our planning has moved another step forward with our 2015 trip to Nepal and Bhutan. We have definitely decided to go with Dhamey Tensing Norghay's Noble Traveller (sounds like great company, doesn't come through so clearly on his website) and Dhamey has assured us that we can have the guide who took close friends of friends to Bhutan recently. The friend of friend has done much guiding himself, is smart, charismatic and funny and anyone he says is
GREAT, I trust to be.
So where we are now is SF-Bangkok (unsuccessfully begged husband to redo kitchen so we can have another miles for two free business tickets) with United then two nights in Bangkok at the Shangri-La hotel. Then this is the 3 week itinerary that Dhamey suggested:
Nov 3: Bangkok - Kathmandu
Nov 4: Kathmandu (Mountain Flight)
Nov 5: Kathmandu - Pokhara (mid day flight) (Mountain Flight back up in the morning)
Nov 6; Pokhara
Nov 7: Pokhara - Kathmandu
Nov 8: Kathmandu to Paro
Nov 9: Punakha
Nov 10 Phobjikha
Nov 11: Phobjikha (Black Neck Crane Festival)
Nov 12: Trongsa
Nov 13: Bumthang
Nov 14: Bumthang
Nov 15: Bumthang - Paro (flight)
Nov 16: Drukpath Trek
Nov 17: Drukpath Trek
Nov 18: Drukpath Trek
Nov 19: Drukpath Trek
Nov 20: Thimphu
Nov 21: Thimphu
Nov 22: Paro
Nov 23: Paro (Tiger's nest day hike)
Nov 24: Depart for Bangkok
We will either add another night to Kathmandu at the beginning OR (and here's question 1) spend 3 nights in Kathmandu then 1 in Bukatapor. I'm drawn to the beauty of Pokhara but concerned by descriptions of over tourism but would love to see the views of the Annapurna Range..but am interested also in Bukatapor. (spelling)
In Bhutan, I like how he arranged it, am a bit nervous about the trek but would REALLY like to do it, also concerned about could this be an overdose of temples and forts?
I'm also excited!!! All thoughts welcome. Thanks for all those so far. Kathie I think you should consider this.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://trexmusclesite.com/boostero/
- 2 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 3 http://trexmusclesite.com/boostero/
- 4 Antique floor unique style
- 5 propose the concept of digital furniture
- 6 Where to buy vacuum pump?
- 7 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 8 Are you looking Camlock Couplings in Durable in Quality?
- 9 Are you looking Flipkart Coupons provider?
- 10 Cambodia weather
- 11 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 14 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 15 Month long SE Asia trip
- 16 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 17 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 18 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 19 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 20 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 21 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 22 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 23 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 24 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 25 Visa Question - Cambodia