Our planning has moved another step forward with our 2015 trip to Nepal and Bhutan. We have definitely decided to go with Dhamey Tensing Norghay's Noble Traveller (sounds like great company, doesn't come through so clearly on his website) and Dhamey has assured us that we can have the guide who took close friends of friends to Bhutan recently. The friend of friend has done much guiding himself, is smart, charismatic and funny and anyone he says is
GREAT, I trust to be.
So where we are now is SF-Bangkok (unsuccessfully begged husband to redo kitchen so we can have another miles for two free business tickets) with United then two nights in Bangkok at the Shangri-La hotel. Then this is the 3 week itinerary that Dhamey suggested:
Nov 3: Bangkok - Kathmandu
Nov 4: Kathmandu (Mountain Flight)
Nov 5: Kathmandu - Pokhara (mid day flight) (Mountain Flight back up in the morning)
Nov 6; Pokhara
Nov 7: Pokhara - Kathmandu
Nov 8: Kathmandu to Paro
Nov 9: Punakha
Nov 10 Phobjikha
Nov 11: Phobjikha (Black Neck Crane Festival)
Nov 12: Trongsa
Nov 13: Bumthang
Nov 14: Bumthang
Nov 15: Bumthang - Paro (flight)
Nov 16: Drukpath Trek
Nov 17: Drukpath Trek
Nov 18: Drukpath Trek
Nov 19: Drukpath Trek
Nov 20: Thimphu
Nov 21: Thimphu
Nov 22: Paro
Nov 23: Paro (Tiger's nest day hike)
Nov 24: Depart for Bangkok
We will either add another night to Kathmandu at the beginning OR (and here's question 1) spend 3 nights in Kathmandu then 1 in Bukatapor. I'm drawn to the beauty of Pokhara but concerned by descriptions of over tourism but would love to see the views of the Annapurna Range..but am interested also in Bukatapor. (spelling)
In Bhutan, I like how he arranged it, am a bit nervous about the trek but would REALLY like to do it, also concerned about could this be an overdose of temples and forts?
I'm also excited!!! All thoughts welcome. Thanks for all those so far. Kathie I think you should consider this.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 2 Phuket Beaches
- 3 India itinerary critique please
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 6 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 7 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 8 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 9 Magical India
- 10 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 11 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 12 Vientiane and ??
- 13 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 14 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 15 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 16 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 17 Himachal Pradesh
- 18 Luggage size China ?
- 19 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 20 Thai Elephants
- 21 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 22 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 25 Japan/Korea/HK