I'm wanting to go to SE Asia next year. I'm wondering if y'all could give some nice suggestions as to:
1) best time to go
2)what I can't miss
3)tours/travel companies that may be of some help
I'm from the US, so we have like zero vacation, so I've gotten used to cramming SOMANYTHINGS into a short itinerary.
I'd love to be able to see Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Laos, Myanmar, and a beach, don't care where, I just want a day or two to tan! I know this might not be possible on one trip, but hey why not try!
Including travel from Dallas, I couldn't be gone more than 14 days.
Thinking Bankgok > Siem reap >Laos > Myanmar >Bangkok.
NB: Please don't just say "you can't do this, you need more time etc etc" I would LOVE more time, but I have a job that actually gives a LOT of vacation for America- 3 weeks. But am open to cutting out 1 or 2 things from my itinerary.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
- 2 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 3 Japan in February
- 4 Clean hotel near BKK for early flight
- 5 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 6 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 7 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 8 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 9 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 10 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 11 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 12 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 13 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 14 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 15 7.5 days in India
- 16 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 17 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 18 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 19 Phuket
- 20 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 21 Japan: ATM Machines
- 22 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 23 Don't forget the wellies...
- 24 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 25 So, why go to Vietnam?