I'm wanting to go to SE Asia next year. I'm wondering if y'all could give some nice suggestions as to:
1) best time to go
2)what I can't miss
3)tours/travel companies that may be of some help
I'm from the US, so we have like zero vacation, so I've gotten used to cramming SOMANYTHINGS into a short itinerary.
I'd love to be able to see Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Laos, Myanmar, and a beach, don't care where, I just want a day or two to tan! I know this might not be possible on one trip, but hey why not try!
Including travel from Dallas, I couldn't be gone more than 14 days.
Thinking Bankgok > Siem reap >Laos > Myanmar >Bangkok.
NB: Please don't just say "you can't do this, you need more time etc etc" I would LOVE more time, but I have a job that actually gives a LOT of vacation for America- 3 weeks. But am open to cutting out 1 or 2 things from my itinerary.
Thanks so much!
Planning a trip to SE Asia- limited time!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 4 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 5 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 6 Need a guide in Burma?
- 7 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 8 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 9 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 10 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 11 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 12 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 13 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 14 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 15 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 16 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 17 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 18 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 19 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 20 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 21 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea