I'm wanting to go to SE Asia next year. I'm wondering if y'all could give some nice suggestions as to:
1) best time to go
2)what I can't miss
3)tours/travel companies that may be of some help
I'm from the US, so we have like zero vacation, so I've gotten used to cramming SOMANYTHINGS into a short itinerary.
I'd love to be able to see Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Laos, Myanmar, and a beach, don't care where, I just want a day or two to tan! I know this might not be possible on one trip, but hey why not try!
Including travel from Dallas, I couldn't be gone more than 14 days.
Thinking Bankgok > Siem reap >Laos > Myanmar >Bangkok.
NB: Please don't just say "you can't do this, you need more time etc etc" I would LOVE more time, but I have a job that actually gives a LOT of vacation for America- 3 weeks. But am open to cutting out 1 or 2 things from my itinerary.
Thanks so much!
Planning a trip to SE Asia- limited time!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 2 Thai island escape
- 3 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 4 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 5 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 6 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 7 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 8 Japan Itinerary for May
- 9 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 10 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 11 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 12 General question
- 13 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 14 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 15 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 16 South Korea 5 days
- 17 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 18 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 19 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 20 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 21 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 22 Phuket Hotel
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 25 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?