I'm wanting to go to SE Asia next year. I'm wondering if y'all could give some nice suggestions as to:
1) best time to go
2)what I can't miss
3)tours/travel companies that may be of some help
I'm from the US, so we have like zero vacation, so I've gotten used to cramming SOMANYTHINGS into a short itinerary.
I'd love to be able to see Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Laos, Myanmar, and a beach, don't care where, I just want a day or two to tan! I know this might not be possible on one trip, but hey why not try!
Including travel from Dallas, I couldn't be gone more than 14 days.
Thinking Bankgok > Siem reap >Laos > Myanmar >Bangkok.
NB: Please don't just say "you can't do this, you need more time etc etc" I would LOVE more time, but I have a job that actually gives a LOT of vacation for America- 3 weeks. But am open to cutting out 1 or 2 things from my itinerary.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 50th Anniversary trip
- 4 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 5 CNX late arrival?
- 6 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 9 The truth about elephant tourism
- 10 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 14 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 15 is this a good travel plan?
- 16 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 17 Phenom Penh
- 18 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 19 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 20 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 21 One day in Saigon
- 22 Bali private driver recommendation
- 23 North India Itinerary advice
- 24 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 25 The Indian money crunch.