I'm wanting to go to SE Asia next year. I'm wondering if y'all could give some nice suggestions as to:
1) best time to go
2)what I can't miss
3)tours/travel companies that may be of some help
I'm from the US, so we have like zero vacation, so I've gotten used to cramming SOMANYTHINGS into a short itinerary.
I'd love to be able to see Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Laos, Myanmar, and a beach, don't care where, I just want a day or two to tan! I know this might not be possible on one trip, but hey why not try!
Including travel from Dallas, I couldn't be gone more than 14 days.
Thinking Bankgok > Siem reap >Laos > Myanmar >Bangkok.
NB: Please don't just say "you can't do this, you need more time etc etc" I would LOVE more time, but I have a job that actually gives a LOT of vacation for America- 3 weeks. But am open to cutting out 1 or 2 things from my itinerary.
Thanks so much!
Planning a trip to SE Asia- limited time!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal
- 2 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 3 two free days in Beijing
- 4 China in 12 Days
- 5 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 6 Japan - spending money?
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 9 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 10 1st Trip to Bali
- 11 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 12 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 13 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 14 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 15 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 16 water villages, shanghai
- 17 language problem in japan
- 18 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 19 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 20 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 21 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 22 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 23 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 24 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 25 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea