I'm wanting to go to SE Asia next year. I'm wondering if y'all could give some nice suggestions as to:
1) best time to go
2)what I can't miss
3)tours/travel companies that may be of some help
I'm from the US, so we have like zero vacation, so I've gotten used to cramming SOMANYTHINGS into a short itinerary.
I'd love to be able to see Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Laos, Myanmar, and a beach, don't care where, I just want a day or two to tan! I know this might not be possible on one trip, but hey why not try!
Including travel from Dallas, I couldn't be gone more than 14 days.
Thinking Bankgok > Siem reap >Laos > Myanmar >Bangkok.
NB: Please don't just say "you can't do this, you need more time etc etc" I would LOVE more time, but I have a job that actually gives a LOT of vacation for America- 3 weeks. But am open to cutting out 1 or 2 things from my itinerary.
Thanks so much!
Planning a trip to SE Asia- limited time!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 4 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 5 Japan night bus
- 6 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 7 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 8 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 9 Problems at 12,000'
- 10 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 13 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 14 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 15 Which Putu in Bali????
- 16 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 17 Japan, japan
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 20 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 21 Hong Kong restaurants
- 22 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 23 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 24 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 25 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala