I'm wanting to go to SE Asia next year. I'm wondering if y'all could give some nice suggestions as to:
1) best time to go
2)what I can't miss
3)tours/travel companies that may be of some help
I'm from the US, so we have like zero vacation, so I've gotten used to cramming SOMANYTHINGS into a short itinerary.
I'd love to be able to see Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Laos, Myanmar, and a beach, don't care where, I just want a day or two to tan! I know this might not be possible on one trip, but hey why not try!
Including travel from Dallas, I couldn't be gone more than 14 days.
Thinking Bankgok > Siem reap >Laos > Myanmar >Bangkok.
NB: Please don't just say "you can't do this, you need more time etc etc" I would LOVE more time, but I have a job that actually gives a LOT of vacation for America- 3 weeks. But am open to cutting out 1 or 2 things from my itinerary.
Thanks so much!
Planning a trip to SE Asia- limited time!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 2 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 3 Beach selection in Thailand
- 4 Burma river cruise
- 5 India - 2 Days only
- 6 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 7 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 8 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 9 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 10 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 11 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 12 Malaysian honeymoon
- 13 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 My trip report from the Philippines
- 16 China with Collette Tours
- 17 Exploring Thailand
- 18 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 19 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 20 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 21 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company
- 22 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 23 Buying cycling clothes in Bangkok
- 24 Ho Chi Minh Mekong delta, pnom penh
- 25 Back from Kyoto, Koyasan, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu. Questions welcome!