I'm wanting to go to SE Asia next year. I'm wondering if y'all could give some nice suggestions as to:
1) best time to go
2)what I can't miss
3)tours/travel companies that may be of some help
I'm from the US, so we have like zero vacation, so I've gotten used to cramming SOMANYTHINGS into a short itinerary.
I'd love to be able to see Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Laos, Myanmar, and a beach, don't care where, I just want a day or two to tan! I know this might not be possible on one trip, but hey why not try!
Including travel from Dallas, I couldn't be gone more than 14 days.
Thinking Bankgok > Siem reap >Laos > Myanmar >Bangkok.
NB: Please don't just say "you can't do this, you need more time etc etc" I would LOVE more time, but I have a job that actually gives a LOT of vacation for America- 3 weeks. But am open to cutting out 1 or 2 things from my itinerary.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 2 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 3 http://fornatgaex.com/booty-pop-cream-reviews/
- 4 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 5 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 6 Visiting China - must be tour
- 7 Hanoi Hotel
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 9 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 10 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 11 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 12 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 13 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 14 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 15 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 16 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 17 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 18 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 19 An island paradise?
- 20 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 21 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 22 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 23 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 24 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 25 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!