i would love some tips on how i can take my own trip to nepal and tibet without going on a tour the whole time. i would, however, like to hook up with a guide and group for some of the time once over there. i hear one has to join a group first, so then any tips on which tour goups are more authentic and not so cookie cutter-ish
thanks in advance for your generous input
planning a trip
- 1 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 2 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 3 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 4 Magical India
- 5 geisha performance
- 6 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 7 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 8 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 9 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 10 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 11 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 12 Trip report China
- 13 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 14 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 15 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 16 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 17 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 18 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 19 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 20 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 21 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 22 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 23 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 24 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 25 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain