i would love some tips on how i can take my own trip to nepal and tibet without going on a tour the whole time. i would, however, like to hook up with a guide and group for some of the time once over there. i hear one has to join a group first, so then any tips on which tour goups are more authentic and not so cookie cutter-ish
thanks in advance for your generous input
planning a trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Problems at 12,000'
- 2 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 3 Gate one India/Nepal
- 4 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 7 Which Putu in Bali????
- 8 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 9 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 10 Japan, japan
- 11 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 12 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 13 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 14 Hong Kong restaurants
- 15 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 16 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 17 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 18 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 19 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 20 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 21 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 22 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 23 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 24 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 25 How safe is Delhi/India