i would love some tips on how i can take my own trip to nepal and tibet without going on a tour the whole time. i would, however, like to hook up with a guide and group for some of the time once over there. i hear one has to join a group first, so then any tips on which tour goups are more authentic and not so cookie cutter-ish
thanks in advance for your generous input
planning a trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 2 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 3 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 4 Car, driver and hotels
- 5 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 6 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 7 Bali Question
- 8 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 9 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 10 Vietnam - Questions
- 11 India
- 12 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 13 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 14 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 15 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 16 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 17 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 18 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 19 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 20 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 21 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 22 Osaka shopping
- 23 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 24 Takayama ideas in April?
- 25 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options