i would love some tips on how i can take my own trip to nepal and tibet without going on a tour the whole time. i would, however, like to hook up with a guide and group for some of the time once over there. i hear one has to join a group first, so then any tips on which tour goups are more authentic and not so cookie cutter-ish
thanks in advance for your generous input
planning a trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 2 Myanmar Visa Online - Report
- 3 General question
- 4 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 5 Japan Itinerary for May
- 6 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 7 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 8 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 9 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 10 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 11 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 12 South Korea 5 days
- 13 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 14 Thai island escape
- 15 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 16 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 17 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 18 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 19 Phuket Hotel
- 20 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 21 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 22 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 23 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 24 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 25 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)