I'm hitting the road again - this time to Indonesia and wanted to once more consult the experts here for recommendations! I'll be spending at least a week in Bali, but trying to figure out what else i should do while i'm there.
I'm not much a beach person and don't dive so I won't be spending much time at beach resorts. I'm more interested in culture, arts, temples, religion, wildlife...
some of the things i was considering were heading to Sulawesi to see the Tana Toraja (although i'll be there in february through beginning of March and not sure if they will be holding any of the death rituals then). Also interested in seeing Yogyakarta and Borobodur temples...possibly going into Borneo to see wild life there if that's even possible as it sounds like most orangutan sightings are at specific refuge centers.
wondering if any of you had any other ideas on where to see interesting culture or not-to-miss sights. I'm not really a sporty person so would like to keep any hiking to a minimum of 3 hours if there is any trekking involved.
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 2 Help! Shanghai intern housing
- 3 Japan Itinerary!
- 4 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 5 Luggage size China ?
- 6 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 7 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 8 Thai Elephants
- 9 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 10 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 11 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 12 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 13 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 14 Sri Lanka in August
- 15 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 16 India itinerary critique please
- 17 Japan/Korea/HK
- 18 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 19 Vientiane and ??
- 20 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 21 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 22 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 23 Impressions of India
- 24 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 25 sri lanka two places, two hotels