I'm hitting the road again - this time to Indonesia and wanted to once more consult the experts here for recommendations! I'll be spending at least a week in Bali, but trying to figure out what else i should do while i'm there.
I'm not much a beach person and don't dive so I won't be spending much time at beach resorts. I'm more interested in culture, arts, temples, religion, wildlife...
some of the things i was considering were heading to Sulawesi to see the Tana Toraja (although i'll be there in february through beginning of March and not sure if they will be holding any of the death rituals then). Also interested in seeing Yogyakarta and Borobodur temples...possibly going into Borneo to see wild life there if that's even possible as it sounds like most orangutan sightings are at specific refuge centers.
wondering if any of you had any other ideas on where to see interesting culture or not-to-miss sights. I'm not really a sporty person so would like to keep any hiking to a minimum of 3 hours if there is any trekking involved.
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 2 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 3 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 4 Japan GTG, early April
- 5 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 6 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 7 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 8 Takayama trail, Japan
- 9 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 10 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 11 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 14 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 15 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 17 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 18 Visa for India
- 19 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 Hútòng Walking
- 22 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 23 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 24 21 Hours in Hong Kong
- 25 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand