I'm hitting the road again - this time to Indonesia and wanted to once more consult the experts here for recommendations! I'll be spending at least a week in Bali, but trying to figure out what else i should do while i'm there.
I'm not much a beach person and don't dive so I won't be spending much time at beach resorts. I'm more interested in culture, arts, temples, religion, wildlife...
some of the things i was considering were heading to Sulawesi to see the Tana Toraja (although i'll be there in february through beginning of March and not sure if they will be holding any of the death rituals then). Also interested in seeing Yogyakarta and Borobodur temples...possibly going into Borneo to see wild life there if that's even possible as it sounds like most orangutan sightings are at specific refuge centers.
wondering if any of you had any other ideas on where to see interesting culture or not-to-miss sights. I'm not really a sporty person so would like to keep any hiking to a minimum of 3 hours if there is any trekking involved.
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 토토사이트→￥←【Zem33 . Com】→￥← 토토사이트추천
- 2 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 3 Travel India solo
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Osaka, aquarium?
- 8 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 9 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 10 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 11 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 12 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 14 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 15 North India Itinerary advice
- 16 Indonesia travel agent
- 17 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 18 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 19 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 20 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 23 A beach of choice on Samui
- 24 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 25 Bangkok Taxis