With the uncertainty in Bangkok and the start of our trip less than 3-weeks away, I thought I'd develop a "Plan B" just in case the situation has become too unsettled to stay. We are still planning on our visit; however, things are changing daily, so I would like to have some options. I have a few thoughts but I'd also love some suggestions here. We arrive in Bangkok on Sunday afternoon, Jan. 19, and fly to Chiang Mai late afternoon on Thurs, Jan. 23 from Bangkok.
1) Beach stay -- Krabi/vicinity (or other recommended beach?)
I like the idea generally, but don't want to break the bank at an expensive resort or purchase airline tickets that I'm hoping I won't have to use. Some of the recommended places are already booked up. I also don't want to hop on yet another plane after traveling umpteen hours from NYC. I do like the idea of something that is very different from the rest of the trip (Chiang Mai, Chaing Rai, Luang Prabang, Siem Reap), but don't want to make a financial commitment that will cost a lot that I won't end up using.
2) Ayuthaya/vicinity - a trip (train?) outside of Bangkok, visiting Ayuthaya and then on to another site in the region. While we are ending in Siem Reap, I think we'd enjoy seeing both sites, as hubby is especially interested in history & architecture. This isn't currently in my itinerary. However, this isn't enough for 3 days so need some other ideas.
3) Any other thoughts? I really am hoping that this isn't going to be needed as I'm very much looking forward to visiting Bangkok for the first time. However, I do think a backup plan is good to have "just in case".
Thanks much for feedback and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 travel blog/website? best "models"?
- 2 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 3 Favorite travel apps?
- 4 강남 포커스S강남더블유 O1O□5938□O88O 홍팀장t강남스마트
- 5 강남 포커스S강남더블유 O1O□5938□O88O 홍팀장t강남스마트
- 6 강남 포커스S강남더블유 O1O□5938□O88O t강남스마트
- 7 부산해운대고구려룸 010.2569.0401 강대표 부산고구려 해운대고구려
- 8 부산해운대고구려룸 010.2569.0401 강대표 부산고구려 해운대고구려
- 9 부산해운대고구려룸 010.2569.0401 강대표 부산고구려,해운대고구려
- 10 부산해운대고구려룸강민호사장 문의010.2569.0401,부산고구려,해운대고구려
- 11 제주도룸싸롱 ↔제주도풀싸롱`ÔlÔ↔5834↔33l3 박실장$ 제주도룸싸롱
- 12 제주도룸싸롱 ↔제주도풀싸롱`ÔlÔ↔5834↔33l3 [제주도야구장]제주도룸싸롱
- 13 Impressions of India
- 14 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 15 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 16 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 17 How much Yen?
- 18 Tokyo hotel help
- 19 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 20 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 21 South Korea for Chuseok
- 22 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 23 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 24 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 25 Bhutan travel operator and number of days