Never been pickpocketed before today. We were staying at the Metropole in Hanoi, as was the president of Argentina and her entourage. The presidential visit turned the lobby into a madhouse with screening equipment, press, and wall to wall people. I paid the bill and decided to go to the Citibank ATM next door to get more dong since we were leaving for Hue. From the ATM went straight to the hotel room to finish packing. When the time came to divide up the money with DH, my wallet was not in the large purse I was carrying. I assumed that I absentmindedly set it down in the room or packed it. Took everything apart, not a trace. The hotel sent up staff to check the room. Nothing. Rechecked the luggage when we arrived in Hue. Nothing. Checked with Citibank before we left. Nothing. There was a rather shady looking gent in the elevator with me on the way to the room. It was just the two of us. Wonder if he helped himself while we were waiting for the elevator or inside the elevator?
Pickpocketed in Hanoi
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 2 One week in Tokyo
- 3 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 4 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 5 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 6 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 7 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 8 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 9 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 10 china
- 11 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES
- 12 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 13 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 14 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 15 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 16 China - Personal recommendations
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 18 May 31st to June 13th, 2015 in Thailand, need help in itinerary
- 19 Exploring Taiwan off-the-beaten path and on a scooter
- 20 Vietnam and Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Need help organizing Itinerary
- 21 Burma river cruise
- 22 Driving in Laos
- 23 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 24 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 25 How would you organize this itinerary?