Never been pickpocketed before today. We were staying at the Metropole in Hanoi, as was the president of Argentina and her entourage. The presidential visit turned the lobby into a madhouse with screening equipment, press, and wall to wall people. I paid the bill and decided to go to the Citibank ATM next door to get more dong since we were leaving for Hue. From the ATM went straight to the hotel room to finish packing. When the time came to divide up the money with DH, my wallet was not in the large purse I was carrying. I assumed that I absentmindedly set it down in the room or packed it. Took everything apart, not a trace. The hotel sent up staff to check the room. Nothing. Rechecked the luggage when we arrived in Hue. Nothing. Checked with Citibank before we left. Nothing. There was a rather shady looking gent in the elevator with me on the way to the room. It was just the two of us. Wonder if he helped himself while we were waiting for the elevator or inside the elevator?
Pickpocketed in Hanoi
- 1 China Visa
- 2 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 3 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 4 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 5 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 6 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 7 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 8 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 9 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 10 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 11 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 12 India, What Can I Say!
- 13 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 14 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 15 Wildlife Tour of India
- 16 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 17 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 18 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 19 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta
- 20 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 21 Searching Flights from JFK to Malaysai, average price range?
- 22 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 23 Busan cruise terminal to Busan central station
- 24 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 25 hotel for quick stopover in Bali?