Never been pickpocketed before today. We were staying at the Metropole in Hanoi, as was the president of Argentina and her entourage. The presidential visit turned the lobby into a madhouse with screening equipment, press, and wall to wall people. I paid the bill and decided to go to the Citibank ATM next door to get more dong since we were leaving for Hue. From the ATM went straight to the hotel room to finish packing. When the time came to divide up the money with DH, my wallet was not in the large purse I was carrying. I assumed that I absentmindedly set it down in the room or packed it. Took everything apart, not a trace. The hotel sent up staff to check the room. Nothing. Rechecked the luggage when we arrived in Hue. Nothing. Checked with Citibank before we left. Nothing. There was a rather shady looking gent in the elevator with me on the way to the room. It was just the two of us. Wonder if he helped himself while we were waiting for the elevator or inside the elevator?
Pickpocketed in Hanoi
- 1 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 2 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 3 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 4 Ipoh
- 5 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 6 Wildlife Tour of India
- 7 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 8 white sand beaches in thailand
- 9 Trekking the Annapurna Circuit
- 10 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 11 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 12 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 13 water delivery and water dispenser
- 14 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 15 SHANGHAI GTG MAY 30, 2013
- 16 Udaipur, India
- 17 Cell Phones in India
- 18 India, What Can I Say!
- 19 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 20 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 21 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 22 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 23 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 24 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 25 Best Time to Visit Goa