Planning a short trip from Singapore to Phuket sometime around 2nd or 3rd week of Dec, Looks like it will be pretty busy as I noticed from the air fares and hotels.
Kids are aged below 8 years and our interests are mostly beaches, boat rides and a bit of shopping. Not too much into nightlife as you'd imagine.
Prefer a quite beach- which is family friendly. Planning to spend about 5 days there. Wondering if anyone might be able to help with the below questions.
a) Which is the best place to stay and which beach. From what I gather, Kata beach is not too busy and wold be a good choice.
b) Can anyone reccomend a good area to stay. Not crazy about a resort since we will be spending time on the beach anyways, Prefer an apartment. Most of the places are very pricey though. My bydget is around US$150 per night
c) What are the suggested plae to include in my itinerary. SHould i make a day trip to Krabi and do PhiPhi islands? Is it a good idea to stay there overnight?
d) Lastly, is it worthwhile renting a car from airport? I am not sure of the traffic sense in phuket though. Prob better to take a taxi instead?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel Chang Mai
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 India help needed
- 4 Beach hotel Thailand
- 5 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 6 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 7 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 8 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 9 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 10 Sim cards and adaptors
- 11 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 12 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 13 Sri Lanka Visa
- 14 Hoi Ann hotel
- 15 Hotel in Hanoi
- 16 Place to stay Hue
- 17 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 18 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 19 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 20 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 21 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 22 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 23 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 24 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 25 Help with SEAsia itinerary