Planning a short trip from Singapore to Phuket sometime around 2nd or 3rd week of Dec, Looks like it will be pretty busy as I noticed from the air fares and hotels.
Kids are aged below 8 years and our interests are mostly beaches, boat rides and a bit of shopping. Not too much into nightlife as you'd imagine.
Prefer a quite beach- which is family friendly. Planning to spend about 5 days there. Wondering if anyone might be able to help with the below questions.
a) Which is the best place to stay and which beach. From what I gather, Kata beach is not too busy and wold be a good choice.
b) Can anyone reccomend a good area to stay. Not crazy about a resort since we will be spending time on the beach anyways, Prefer an apartment. Most of the places are very pricey though. My bydget is around US$150 per night
c) What are the suggested plae to include in my itinerary. SHould i make a day trip to Krabi and do PhiPhi islands? Is it a good idea to stay there overnight?
d) Lastly, is it worthwhile renting a car from airport? I am not sure of the traffic sense in phuket though. Prob better to take a taxi instead?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 2 CNX late arrival?
- 3 currency conversion
- 4 50th Anniversary trip
- 5 Help - India take 2
- 6 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 7 The truth about elephant tourism
- 8 booking thailand trip with airfare and hotels?
- 9 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 10 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 11 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 12 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 13 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 14 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 15 is this a good travel plan?
- 16 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 17 Phenom Penh
- 18 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 19 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 20 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 21 One day in Saigon
- 22 Bali private driver recommendation
- 23 North India Itinerary advice
- 24 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 25 The Indian money crunch.