I will be going to Phuket with my brother and his wife (their first time to Asia) in early April. Unfortunately until 4/16 it's not yet low season so rates aren't what I'd like...I did come across a good deal for The Surin at around $220 USD a night. The JW Marriott is about the same price, both Phuket and Khao Lak. Any opinions? I think since it's their first time out here I'd prefer something more boutiquey than a big Marriott, but I don't know anyone who has stayed at the Surin. The beach there does look nice. Also any thoughts on the Hiltons in Phuket? My brother has status with Hilton so he prefers them.
I had wanted to try the Sarojin in Khao Lak - but for our dates its $389 a night, 2 weeks later it's $167....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 2 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 3 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 4 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 5 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 6 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 7 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 8 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 9 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 10 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 11 First trip to Japan
- 12 Northern India in June
- 13 Hakone Free Pass
- 14 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 15 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 16 OAT trip to India
- 17 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 18 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 19 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 20 Castle & King tour operator review
- 21 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 22 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 23 What beach to choose?!?!
- 24 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 25 Singapore or Bali