I will be going to Phuket with my brother and his wife (their first time to Asia) in early April. Unfortunately until 4/16 it's not yet low season so rates aren't what I'd like...I did come across a good deal for The Surin at around $220 USD a night. The JW Marriott is about the same price, both Phuket and Khao Lak. Any opinions? I think since it's their first time out here I'd prefer something more boutiquey than a big Marriott, but I don't know anyone who has stayed at the Surin. The beach there does look nice. Also any thoughts on the Hiltons in Phuket? My brother has status with Hilton so he prefers them.
I had wanted to try the Sarojin in Khao Lak - but for our dates its $389 a night, 2 weeks later it's $167....
Phuket - The Surin - opinions?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 3 April in Bangkok, again!
- 4 Problems at 12,000'
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 13 Which Putu in Bali????
- 14 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 15 Japan, japan
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 19 Hong Kong restaurants
- 20 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 21 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 22 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 23 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 24 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 25 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed