I will be going to Phuket with my brother and his wife (their first time to Asia) in early April. Unfortunately until 4/16 it's not yet low season so rates aren't what I'd like...I did come across a good deal for The Surin at around $220 USD a night. The JW Marriott is about the same price, both Phuket and Khao Lak. Any opinions? I think since it's their first time out here I'd prefer something more boutiquey than a big Marriott, but I don't know anyone who has stayed at the Surin. The beach there does look nice. Also any thoughts on the Hiltons in Phuket? My brother has status with Hilton so he prefers them.
I had wanted to try the Sarojin in Khao Lak - but for our dates its $389 a night, 2 weeks later it's $167....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Ingrédients naturels.
- 2 15 Things You’re Probably Not Doing Enough Of
- 3 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 4 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 5 November, March, June... Japan?
- 6 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 7 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 8 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 9 Silk Road Tour - China
- 10 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 11 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 12 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 13 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 14 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 15 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 16 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 17 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 18 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 19 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 20 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 21 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 22 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 23 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 24 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 25 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea