I will be going to Phuket with my brother and his wife (their first time to Asia) in early April. Unfortunately until 4/16 it's not yet low season so rates aren't what I'd like...I did come across a good deal for The Surin at around $220 USD a night. The JW Marriott is about the same price, both Phuket and Khao Lak. Any opinions? I think since it's their first time out here I'd prefer something more boutiquey than a big Marriott, but I don't know anyone who has stayed at the Surin. The beach there does look nice. Also any thoughts on the Hiltons in Phuket? My brother has status with Hilton so he prefers them.
I had wanted to try the Sarojin in Khao Lak - but for our dates its $389 a night, 2 weeks later it's $167....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 2 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 6 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 7 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 8 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 9 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 10 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 11 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 14 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 15 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 16 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 17 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 18 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 19 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 20 Sulawesi
- 21 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 22 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 23 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 24 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 25 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!