I will be going to Phuket with my brother and his wife (their first time to Asia) in early April. Unfortunately until 4/16 it's not yet low season so rates aren't what I'd like...I did come across a good deal for The Surin at around $220 USD a night. The JW Marriott is about the same price, both Phuket and Khao Lak. Any opinions? I think since it's their first time out here I'd prefer something more boutiquey than a big Marriott, but I don't know anyone who has stayed at the Surin. The beach there does look nice. Also any thoughts on the Hiltons in Phuket? My brother has status with Hilton so he prefers them.
I had wanted to try the Sarojin in Khao Lak - but for our dates its $389 a night, 2 weeks later it's $167....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 2 Tokyo hotel help
- 3 Private tours in Northern India
- 4 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 5 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 6 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 9 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 10 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 11 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 12 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 13 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 14 Vietnam visa
- 15 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 16 Family Friendly Penang
- 17 Train trip costs help please
- 18 Weather forecast
- 19 Bali - What to do?
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 23 Sri Lanka advice
- 24 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 25 Ryokan in Japan