I will be going to Phuket with my brother and his wife (their first time to Asia) in early April. Unfortunately until 4/16 it's not yet low season so rates aren't what I'd like...I did come across a good deal for The Surin at around $220 USD a night. The JW Marriott is about the same price, both Phuket and Khao Lak. Any opinions? I think since it's their first time out here I'd prefer something more boutiquey than a big Marriott, but I don't know anyone who has stayed at the Surin. The beach there does look nice. Also any thoughts on the Hiltons in Phuket? My brother has status with Hilton so he prefers them.
I had wanted to try the Sarojin in Khao Lak - but for our dates its $389 a night, 2 weeks later it's $167....
Phuket - The Surin - opinions?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 2 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 3 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 4 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 5 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 6 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 7 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 8 3 days in Teheran
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 11 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 12 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 13 Travel during China national week?
- 14 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 15 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 16 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 17 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 18 Favorite travel apps?
- 19 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 20 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 21 Foreign currency
- 22 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 23 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 24 Honeymoon In sept
- 25 Vietnam October 2014