Hi Fodor's people!
I'm visiting Thailand for two weeks in December during the holidays. I have done some research, but I am getting overwhelmed.
What I am looking for is a non-mega-resort type of vacation, hopefully close to the beach, but inland is fine too (close to the beach).
Photography is my hobby, hence nice scenery is a must.
Not into busy night life, but some entertainment would be nice.
Not into luxury hotels/homes, but clean and modern or traditional would be nice.
Prefer small towns over big cities. Nature +++
Considering it's a high season, anything that you can suggest to visit in Thailand with limited budget?
Thank you all,
Phuket, Samui, Phi Phi or...? Where to go
Hi Fodor's people!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help re. Visa.
- 2 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 3 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 4 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 5 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 6 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 9 Need a guide in Burma?
- 10 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 11 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 12 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 13 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 14 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 15 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 16 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 17 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 18 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 19 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 20 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 21 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 22 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 23 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 24 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 25 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?