Hi Fodor's people!
I'm visiting Thailand for two weeks in December during the holidays. I have done some research, but I am getting overwhelmed.
What I am looking for is a non-mega-resort type of vacation, hopefully close to the beach, but inland is fine too (close to the beach).
Photography is my hobby, hence nice scenery is a must.
Not into busy night life, but some entertainment would be nice.
Not into luxury hotels/homes, but clean and modern or traditional would be nice.
Prefer small towns over big cities. Nature +++
Considering it's a high season, anything that you can suggest to visit in Thailand with limited budget?
Thank you all,
Phuket, Samui, Phi Phi or...? Where to go
Hi Fodor's people!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 2 Penang
- 3 Elephants in SE Asia.
- 4 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 7 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 10 World Record-breaking Art Exhibition in Hong Kong ( Big Era - 1960s )
- 11 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 12 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 13 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 14 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 15 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 16 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 19 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 20 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 21 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 22 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 23 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 24 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!