Hi Fodor's people!
I'm visiting Thailand for two weeks in December during the holidays. I have done some research, but I am getting overwhelmed.
What I am looking for is a non-mega-resort type of vacation, hopefully close to the beach, but inland is fine too (close to the beach).
Photography is my hobby, hence nice scenery is a must.
Not into busy night life, but some entertainment would be nice.
Not into luxury hotels/homes, but clean and modern or traditional would be nice.
Prefer small towns over big cities. Nature +++
Considering it's a high season, anything that you can suggest to visit in Thailand with limited budget?
Thank you all,
Phuket, Samui, Phi Phi or...? Where to go
Hi Fodor's people!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 2 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 3 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 4 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 5 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 6 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 7 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 8 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 9 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 10 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 11 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 12 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 13 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 14 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 15 Kashmir today
- 16 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 17 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 18 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 19 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 20 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 21 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 22 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 23 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 24 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 25 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks