Hi Fodor's people!
I'm visiting Thailand for two weeks in December during the holidays. I have done some research, but I am getting overwhelmed.
What I am looking for is a non-mega-resort type of vacation, hopefully close to the beach, but inland is fine too (close to the beach).
Photography is my hobby, hence nice scenery is a must.
Not into busy night life, but some entertainment would be nice.
Not into luxury hotels/homes, but clean and modern or traditional would be nice.
Prefer small towns over big cities. Nature +++
Considering it's a high season, anything that you can suggest to visit in Thailand with limited budget?
Thank you all,
Phuket, Samui, Phi Phi or...? Where to go
Hi Fodor's people!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Seeing autumn leaves in "rural" Japan
- 4 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 5 day bus Yangon -Kalaw?
- 6 Places to buy Malaysian fine crafts
- 7 help with itinerary!
- 8 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 9 Airport pick up from Narita
- 10 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 11 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 12 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 13 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 14 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 15 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 16 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 18 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 19 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 20 Christmas Time in India
- 21 Having doubts with China
- 22 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 23 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 24 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 25 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014