Hi Fodor's people!
I'm visiting Thailand for two weeks in December during the holidays. I have done some research, but I am getting overwhelmed.
What I am looking for is a non-mega-resort type of vacation, hopefully close to the beach, but inland is fine too (close to the beach).
Photography is my hobby, hence nice scenery is a must.
Not into busy night life, but some entertainment would be nice.
Not into luxury hotels/homes, but clean and modern or traditional would be nice.
Prefer small towns over big cities. Nature +++
Considering it's a high season, anything that you can suggest to visit in Thailand with limited budget?
Thank you all,
Phuket, Samui, Phi Phi or...? Where to go
Hi Fodor's people!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 2 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 3 Amphawa Floating Market
- 4 Krabi island tours
- 5 Currency in South Korea
- 6 6 full days in Yagoon
- 7 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 8 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 9 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 10 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 11 Malaysian honeymoon
- 12 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Myanmar itinerary help
- 15 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 16 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 17 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 18 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 19 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 20 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!
- 21 Internal flights in Thailand - buy ASAP or no big deal to wait?
- 22 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 23 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 24 Phuket/ Krabi Trip
- 25 Mao Lak and Kata/Karon/Surin or Krabi and Kata/Karon/Surin?