Hi Fodor's people!
I'm visiting Thailand for two weeks in December during the holidays. I have done some research, but I am getting overwhelmed.
What I am looking for is a non-mega-resort type of vacation, hopefully close to the beach, but inland is fine too (close to the beach).
Photography is my hobby, hence nice scenery is a must.
Not into busy night life, but some entertainment would be nice.
Not into luxury hotels/homes, but clean and modern or traditional would be nice.
Prefer small towns over big cities. Nature +++
Considering it's a high season, anything that you can suggest to visit in Thailand with limited budget?
Thank you all,
Phuket, Samui, Phi Phi or...? Where to go
Hi Fodor's people!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 2 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 3 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 4 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 5 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 6 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 7 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 8 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 9 New airport in Mumbai
- 10 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming
- 11 South East Asia
- 12 Driving in Laos
- 13 Two questions about Thailand
- 14 One week in Tokyo
- 15 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 16 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 17 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 18 Where to next after watching Nanjing 2014 YOG
- 19 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 20 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 21 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 22 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 23 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 24 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 25 china