I am looking at going to Phuket with my OH for a week in November; we're in our late 20's. We are looking at staying in a beach-front or beach-view hotel (happy for a walk to the beach, as long as it's no more than 10-15 minutes), and looking at spending up to £450/$720 for the 7 nights.
I have been to Thailand before (Bangkok, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai) and really enjoyed the laid-back side of Samui and Chiang Mai. This is the first time my OH will have gone outside of Europe, and I'm looking for somewhere exceptional. I've had a look at a lot of booking sites - and I'm a bit overwhelmed with the choice, so looking for a little help. I'm not looking to be in a really touristy area, but want a chilled out atmosphere.
Any help would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 2 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 3 For Bangkok Lovers
- 4 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 5 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 6 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 7 Visiting China - must be tour
- 8 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 9 Drive from Kanazawa to Noto Peninsula
- 10 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 11 Uodated and Hopefully Final itinerary- Would love Feedback!!
- 12 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 13 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 14 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 15 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 16 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 17 India Trip Report
- 18 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 19 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 21 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 24 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 25 Hakone and Mt Fuji