In late May, I traveled into Almaty (Kazakhstan) and then traveled overland into Kyrgystan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, to end in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. I would be happy to answer any questions about this particularly interesting, but less traveled, part of the world. I only encountered sizable groups of otehr tourists in Samarkand and Bukhara.
Photos -- Silk Road and Central Asia (the 'Stans)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 2 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 3 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 4 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 5 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 6 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 7 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 Osaka shopping
- 10 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 11 Penang
- 12 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 13 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 14 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 15 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 16 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 17 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 18 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 19 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 20 Takayama ideas in April?
- 21 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 22 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 23 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 24 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 25 4-1/2 days in Seoul