In late May, I traveled into Almaty (Kazakhstan) and then traveled overland into Kyrgystan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, to end in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. I would be happy to answer any questions about this particularly interesting, but less traveled, part of the world. I only encountered sizable groups of otehr tourists in Samarkand and Bukhara.
Photos -- Silk Road and Central Asia (the 'Stans)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 2 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 3 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 4 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 5 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 6 Which airport for Tokyo
- 7 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 8 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 9 Where to go?
- 10 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 11 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 12 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 13 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 14 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 15 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 16 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 17 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 18 India at the end of May
- 19 Restaurants in Singapore
- 20 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 21 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 22 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 23 Great Wall hike
- 24 Georgia e-visa application
- 25 SE Asia