In late May, I traveled into Almaty (Kazakhstan) and then traveled overland into Kyrgystan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, to end in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. I would be happy to answer any questions about this particularly interesting, but less traveled, part of the world. I only encountered sizable groups of otehr tourists in Samarkand and Bukhara.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 2 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 3 All about food!!
- 4 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 5 Northern India in June
- 6 The selection of real women was pretty good
- 7 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 8 Hakone Free Pass
- 9 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 10 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 11 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 12 OAT trip to India
- 13 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 14 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 15 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 16 Castle & King tour operator review
- 17 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 18 First trip to Japan
- 19 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 20 What beach to choose?!?!
- 21 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 22 Singapore or Bali
- 23 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 24 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 25 RHK'S Spring trip
Photos -- Silk Road and Central Asia (the 'Stans)