In late May, I traveled into Almaty (Kazakhstan) and then traveled overland into Kyrgystan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, to end in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. I would be happy to answer any questions about this particularly interesting, but less traveled, part of the world. I only encountered sizable groups of otehr tourists in Samarkand and Bukhara.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Gutted!
- 2 My visit to Lao
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 My visit to Thailand
- 5 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 6 5 weeks in Japan
- 7 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 8 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 9 Family Trip to Japan
- 10 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 11 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 12 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 13 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 14 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 15 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 16 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 17 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 18 New Member
- 19 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 20 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 21 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 22 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 23 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 24 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 25 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
Photos -- Silk Road and Central Asia (the 'Stans)