In late May, I traveled into Almaty (Kazakhstan) and then traveled overland into Kyrgystan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, to end in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. I would be happy to answer any questions about this particularly interesting, but less traveled, part of the world. I only encountered sizable groups of otehr tourists in Samarkand and Bukhara.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 wood flooring market has always maintained
- 2 Amakusa island help
- 3 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 4 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 5 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 6 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 7 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 8 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 9 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 10 Passport
- 11 Japan Itinerary
- 12 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 13 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 14 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 15 Toddler twin travel in India
- 16 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 17 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 18 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 19 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 20 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 21 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 22 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 23 Japan Trip Delayed
- 24 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 25 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
Photos -- Silk Road and Central Asia (the 'Stans)