In late May, I traveled into Almaty (Kazakhstan) and then traveled overland into Kyrgystan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, to end in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. I would be happy to answer any questions about this particularly interesting, but less traveled, part of the world. I only encountered sizable groups of otehr tourists in Samarkand and Bukhara.
Photos -- Silk Road and Central Asia (the 'Stans)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 2 World Record-breaking Art Exhibition in Hong Kong ( Big Era - 1960s )
- 3 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 4 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 5 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 6 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 7 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 8 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 9 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 10 July itinerary in Japan
- 11 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 12 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 13 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 14 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 15 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 16 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 17 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 18 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 19 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 20 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 21 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 22 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 23 Myanmar - some questions
- 24 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 25 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?