I'm planning a trip for my husband and myself (65) to focus on cultural experiences and mostly photography. I'm reading lots of reports and still at a loss as to how best to organize our days and how many days to take. (We are saving $ to take our granddaughter and possibly daughter, etc., on an African safari next year, so want to keep our costs low on this one.) I know for sure we want to visit Hanoi, Sapa and the Bac Ha Market, maybe Mai Chau, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Siem Riep..... Not as sure about Hue and Saigon. I am thinking I could talk my husband into 14 days (we both still work). Does that sound reasonable for time? How to allocate days the best? I will probably work through Tonkin Travel.
Photography Trip to Vietnam
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 2 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 3 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 4 Thailand mid-December
- 5 Driving in Laos
- 6 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 7 Passport Safety
- 8 Sightseeing suggestions for Manila
- 9 My trip report from the Philippines
- 10 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 11 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 12 Art in Shanghai
- 13 One week in Thailand
- 14 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 15 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 16 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 17 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 18 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 19 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 20 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 21 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 22 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 23 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 24 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 25 What I like about Mumbai