I'm planning a trip for my husband and myself (65) to focus on cultural experiences and mostly photography. I'm reading lots of reports and still at a loss as to how best to organize our days and how many days to take. (We are saving $ to take our granddaughter and possibly daughter, etc., on an African safari next year, so want to keep our costs low on this one.) I know for sure we want to visit Hanoi, Sapa and the Bac Ha Market, maybe Mai Chau, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Siem Riep..... Not as sure about Hue and Saigon. I am thinking I could talk my husband into 14 days (we both still work). Does that sound reasonable for time? How to allocate days the best? I will probably work through Tonkin Travel.
Photography Trip to Vietnam
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 help with itinerary!
- 2 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 3 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 4 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 6 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 7 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 8 Christmas Time in India
- 9 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 10 Having doubts with China
- 11 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 12 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 13 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 14 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 15 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 16 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 17 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 18 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 19 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 20 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 21 Myanmar podcast
- 22 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 23 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 24 Burma with a toddler
- 25 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!