I'm planning a trip for my husband and myself (65) to focus on cultural experiences and mostly photography. I'm reading lots of reports and still at a loss as to how best to organize our days and how many days to take. (We are saving $ to take our granddaughter and possibly daughter, etc., on an African safari next year, so want to keep our costs low on this one.) I know for sure we want to visit Hanoi, Sapa and the Bac Ha Market, maybe Mai Chau, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Siem Riep..... Not as sure about Hue and Saigon. I am thinking I could talk my husband into 14 days (we both still work). Does that sound reasonable for time? How to allocate days the best? I will probably work through Tonkin Travel.
Photography Trip to Vietnam
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 4 South East Asia
- 5 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 6 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 7 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 8 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 9 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 10 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 11 1 week Philippines
- 12 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 13 Japan: best time to go?
- 14 Magical India
- 15 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 16 Travel Insurance
- 17 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 18 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 19 SALAY from BAGAN
- 20 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 21 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 22 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 23 cell phone in india
- 24 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 25 Bangkok - Silver Shops