I'm planning a trip for my husband and myself (65) to focus on cultural experiences and mostly photography. I'm reading lots of reports and still at a loss as to how best to organize our days and how many days to take. (We are saving $ to take our granddaughter and possibly daughter, etc., on an African safari next year, so want to keep our costs low on this one.) I know for sure we want to visit Hanoi, Sapa and the Bac Ha Market, maybe Mai Chau, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Siem Riep..... Not as sure about Hue and Saigon. I am thinking I could talk my husband into 14 days (we both still work). Does that sound reasonable for time? How to allocate days the best? I will probably work through Tonkin Travel.
Photography Trip to Vietnam
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 FREEWHEELING independent DIY tour advisors of China
- 2 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 3 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 4 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 5 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 8 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 9 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 10 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 13 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 14 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 15 How safe is Delhi/India
- 16 Malaria
- 17 Vietnam and coffee
- 18 I'm going to Japan!
- 19 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 20 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 21 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 22 Cherry blossom
- 23 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 24 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 25 Shopping in Akhiabara