I'm planning a trip for my husband and myself (65) to focus on cultural experiences and mostly photography. I'm reading lots of reports and still at a loss as to how best to organize our days and how many days to take. (We are saving $ to take our granddaughter and possibly daughter, etc., on an African safari next year, so want to keep our costs low on this one.) I know for sure we want to visit Hanoi, Sapa and the Bac Ha Market, maybe Mai Chau, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Siem Riep..... Not as sure about Hue and Saigon. I am thinking I could talk my husband into 14 days (we both still work). Does that sound reasonable for time? How to allocate days the best? I will probably work through Tonkin Travel.
Photography Trip to Vietnam
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Harbin Ice and Snow World
- 2 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 3 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 4 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 5 Shaanxi History Museum
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 8 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 9 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 10 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 11 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 12 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 13 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 14 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 15 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 16 Takayama ideas in April?
- 17 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 18 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 19 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 20 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 21 India
- 22 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 23 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 24 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 25 Vietnam Family Travel Plans