I'm planning a trip for my husband and myself (65) to focus on cultural experiences and mostly photography. I'm reading lots of reports and still at a loss as to how best to organize our days and how many days to take. (We are saving $ to take our granddaughter and possibly daughter, etc., on an African safari next year, so want to keep our costs low on this one.) I know for sure we want to visit Hanoi, Sapa and the Bac Ha Market, maybe Mai Chau, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Siem Riep..... Not as sure about Hue and Saigon. I am thinking I could talk my husband into 14 days (we both still work). Does that sound reasonable for time? How to allocate days the best? I will probably work through Tonkin Travel.
Photography Trip to Vietnam
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 2 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 3 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 4 Magical India
- 5 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 6 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 7 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 8 Trip report China
- 9 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 10 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 11 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 12 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 13 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 14 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 15 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 16 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 19 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 20 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 21 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 22 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 23 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 24 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 25 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi