What I Learned in Bhutan, the Happiest Kingdom on Earth
by Lisa Napoli
40-ish LA journalist moves to Bhutan to help start Bhutan's first youth-oriented radio station. Insightful account of Bhutan's rapidly changing culture. Available on Amazon and elsewhere...
For what it's worth, I learned about it through a review in the Wall Street Journal.
Past, Present & Future Bhutan Fans: A Must Read
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 2 Indonesian visa update
- 3 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 4 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 5 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 6 Destination Bangkok, again
- 7 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 8 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 9 Vietnam October 2014
- 10 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 11 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 12 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 13 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 14 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 15 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 16 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 17 3 days in Teheran
- 18 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 19 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 20 Myranmar VISA
- 21 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014
- 22 slightly... paranoid parent
- 23 Takayama vs. Matsumoto
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit the Last Shangri La: Bhutan 2012
- 25 Seminyak or Jimbaran?