What I Learned in Bhutan, the Happiest Kingdom on Earth
by Lisa Napoli
40-ish LA journalist moves to Bhutan to help start Bhutan's first youth-oriented radio station. Insightful account of Bhutan's rapidly changing culture. Available on Amazon and elsewhere...
For what it's worth, I learned about it through a review in the Wall Street Journal.
Past, Present & Future Bhutan Fans: A Must Read
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 2 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 3 best dining in Kyoto
- 4 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 5 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 6 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 7 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 8 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 9 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 10 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 11 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 12 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 13 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 14 China trip - 15 nights
- 15 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 16 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 17 Japan in July?
- 18 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 19 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 20 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 21 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 22 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 23 2-3 days in Georgia
- 24 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 25 Phuket and surrounding areas