I know...most of you experienced travelers recommend avoiding guided tours, but the travel company in Canada I work with has assembled a terrific ten-day tour thanks to some irresistible pricing this spring. Beijing and Shanghai are the two major centres of the ten-day trip with Suzhou and Hangzhou between. The dates are March 9th to March 19th, with a busy, well-planned schedule of sight-seeing. I will be traveling mainly with active seniors like myself and would appreciate advice on clothing and footwear to pack. I am considering climate- but cultural expectations as well. I will not be the official escort, but since I represent the agency to some extent, I'd like to offer helpful, comforting, and enthusiastic advice to my fellow travelers.
Packing for China Tour in March 2014
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 border crossing over land Bangkok to Myanmar (Phunaron)
- 2 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 3 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 4 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 5 China in 12 Days
- 6 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 7 language problem in japan
- 8 Nepal
- 9 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 10 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 11 two free days in Beijing
- 12 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 13 April in Bangkok, again!
- 14 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 15 Japan - spending money?
- 16 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 17 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 18 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 19 1st Trip to Bali
- 20 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 21 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 22 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 23 water villages, shanghai
- 24 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 25 Help with Malaysia itinerary