I know...most of you experienced travelers recommend avoiding guided tours, but the travel company in Canada I work with has assembled a terrific ten-day tour thanks to some irresistible pricing this spring. Beijing and Shanghai are the two major centres of the ten-day trip with Suzhou and Hangzhou between. The dates are March 9th to March 19th, with a busy, well-planned schedule of sight-seeing. I will be traveling mainly with active seniors like myself and would appreciate advice on clothing and footwear to pack. I am considering climate- but cultural expectations as well. I will not be the official escort, but since I represent the agency to some extent, I'd like to offer helpful, comforting, and enthusiastic advice to my fellow travelers.
Packing for China Tour in March 2014
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 3 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 4 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 5 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 6 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 7 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 8 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 9 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 10 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 11 How safe is Delhi/India
- 12 Malaria
- 13 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 14 Vietnam and coffee
- 15 I'm going to Japan!
- 16 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 17 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Cherry blossom
- 20 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 21 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 22 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 25 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport