I know...most of you experienced travelers recommend avoiding guided tours, but the travel company in Canada I work with has assembled a terrific ten-day tour thanks to some irresistible pricing this spring. Beijing and Shanghai are the two major centres of the ten-day trip with Suzhou and Hangzhou between. The dates are March 9th to March 19th, with a busy, well-planned schedule of sight-seeing. I will be traveling mainly with active seniors like myself and would appreciate advice on clothing and footwear to pack. I am considering climate- but cultural expectations as well. I will not be the official escort, but since I represent the agency to some extent, I'd like to offer helpful, comforting, and enthusiastic advice to my fellow travelers.
Packing for China Tour in March 2014
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 2 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 3 5 nights in Japan.
- 4 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 5 vietnam and laos
- 6 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 7 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 8 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 9 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 10 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 11 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 12 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 13 Visa
- 14 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 15 Affordable Japan
- 16 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 17 Castle & King
- 18 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 19 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 20 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 21 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 22 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 23 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 24 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 25 What I like about Mumbai