My fiancee and I will be getting married May 10th in Japan (she is Japanese). From there, on the 11th, we want to go somewhere special for our honeymoon.
I know this is far from a simple question but we have narrowed it down (I think)to Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal or Tibet. One caveat is that we have to catch a flight back to the US from Japan on May 20th.
We are not tour group, "Let's shuffle off to the next significant place" type of people. Culture, people, some hiking, time to soak it in are more apt descriptions.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Concerned about weather and getting caught in a regimented, robotic tour.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 2 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 3 For Bangkok Lovers
- 4 medical marijuana and Oils for patients
- 5 Movers and Packers Hyderabad
- 6 http://basiccleanseplus.com/brainmaxx/
- 7 Packers and Movers in Mumbai
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 10 India Trip Report
- 11 Uodated and Hopefully Final itinerary- Would love Feedback!!
- 12 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 13 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 14 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 15 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 16 Visiting China - must be tour
- 17 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 18 Drive from Kanazawa to Noto Peninsula
- 19 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 20 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 21 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 22 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 23 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 24 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)