I am a 35 year old single female from NY. I have decided to take this year off from work to travel and spend time with family and friends. I have planned several trips for this year and will have friend joining me on some of them. However, some of the trips I will have to take on my own. So I was thinking of taking some trips with overlanding or other group tour companies. I would prefer a group tour that combines local accomodations with a small amount of camping (I've never camped a day in my life, but I'm willing to learn . I don't want to ride around in an air-conditioned tour bus or stay in luxury hotels.
I have found several companies that offer interesting itineraries and would like to know if my fellow fodorites have any recommndations. So far I am interested in GAP Adventures for South Africa (the reviews on Trip Advisor were not good), Tucan travel for Ecuador, and Dragoman for India and Nepal.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!
Overland or Tour Company Recommendations
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 2 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 3 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 4 Palawan, Philippines-TOP island to visit in the world re: El NIdo,Underground River, Tubatahha Reef
- 5 What I like about Mumbai
- 6 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 7 Does anybody know the Aphrodite cruise? (Halong Bay)
- 8 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 9 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 10 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 11 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 12 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 13 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 14 Thailand mid-December
- 15 "Naga New Year Festival 2015"
- 16 Indian visa
- 17 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 18 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 19 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 20 One week in Thailand
- 21 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 24 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 25 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much