I am a 35 year old single female from NY. I have decided to take this year off from work to travel and spend time with family and friends. I have planned several trips for this year and will have friend joining me on some of them. However, some of the trips I will have to take on my own. So I was thinking of taking some trips with overlanding or other group tour companies. I would prefer a group tour that combines local accomodations with a small amount of camping (I've never camped a day in my life, but I'm willing to learn . I don't want to ride around in an air-conditioned tour bus or stay in luxury hotels.
I have found several companies that offer interesting itineraries and would like to know if my fellow fodorites have any recommndations. So far I am interested in GAP Adventures for South Africa (the reviews on Trip Advisor were not good), Tucan travel for Ecuador, and Dragoman for India and Nepal.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!
Overland or Tour Company Recommendations
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Singapore
- 2 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 3 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 4 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 5 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 6 Where to go?
- 7 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 8 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 9 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 10 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 11 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 12 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 13 Which airport for Tokyo
- 14 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 15 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 16 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 17 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 18 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 19 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 20 India at the end of May
- 21 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 22 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 23 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 24 Great Wall hike
- 25 Georgia e-visa application