I am a 35 year old single female from NY. I have decided to take this year off from work to travel and spend time with family and friends. I have planned several trips for this year and will have friend joining me on some of them. However, some of the trips I will have to take on my own. So I was thinking of taking some trips with overlanding or other group tour companies. I would prefer a group tour that combines local accomodations with a small amount of camping (I've never camped a day in my life, but I'm willing to learn . I don't want to ride around in an air-conditioned tour bus or stay in luxury hotels.
I have found several companies that offer interesting itineraries and would like to know if my fellow fodorites have any recommndations. So far I am interested in GAP Adventures for South Africa (the reviews on Trip Advisor were not good), Tucan travel for Ecuador, and Dragoman for India and Nepal.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 2 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 3 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 6 Magical India
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 9 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 10 Vientiane and ??
- 11 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 12 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 13 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 14 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 15 Himachal Pradesh
- 16 Luggage size China ?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 Thai Elephants
- 19 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 20 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 21 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 22 Sri Lanka in August
- 23 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 24 Japan/Korea/HK
- 25 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia