I am a 35 year old single female from NY. I have decided to take this year off from work to travel and spend time with family and friends. I have planned several trips for this year and will have friend joining me on some of them. However, some of the trips I will have to take on my own. So I was thinking of taking some trips with overlanding or other group tour companies. I would prefer a group tour that combines local accomodations with a small amount of camping (I've never camped a day in my life, but I'm willing to learn . I don't want to ride around in an air-conditioned tour bus or stay in luxury hotels.
I have found several companies that offer interesting itineraries and would like to know if my fellow fodorites have any recommndations. So far I am interested in GAP Adventures for South Africa (the reviews on Trip Advisor were not good), Tucan travel for Ecuador, and Dragoman for India and Nepal.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!
Overland or Tour Company Recommendations
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 3 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 4 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 5 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 6 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 7 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 8 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 9 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 10 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 11 How safe is Delhi/India
- 12 Malaria
- 13 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 14 Vietnam and coffee
- 15 I'm going to Japan!
- 16 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 17 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Cherry blossom
- 20 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 21 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 22 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 25 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport