I am a 35 year old single female from NY. I have decided to take this year off from work to travel and spend time with family and friends. I have planned several trips for this year and will have friend joining me on some of them. However, some of the trips I will have to take on my own. So I was thinking of taking some trips with overlanding or other group tour companies. I would prefer a group tour that combines local accomodations with a small amount of camping (I've never camped a day in my life, but I'm willing to learn . I don't want to ride around in an air-conditioned tour bus or stay in luxury hotels.
I have found several companies that offer interesting itineraries and would like to know if my fellow fodorites have any recommndations. So far I am interested in GAP Adventures for South Africa (the reviews on Trip Advisor were not good), Tucan travel for Ecuador, and Dragoman for India and Nepal.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!
Overland or Tour Company Recommendations
- 1 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 4 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 5 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 6 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 7 SALAY from BAGAN
- 8 Magical India
- 9 Japan: best time to go?
- 10 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 11 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 12 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 13 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 14 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 15 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 16 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 17 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 18 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 19 Visit To Goa
- 20 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 21 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 22 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 23 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 24 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 25 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!