I am a 35 year old single female from NY. I have decided to take this year off from work to travel and spend time with family and friends. I have planned several trips for this year and will have friend joining me on some of them. However, some of the trips I will have to take on my own. So I was thinking of taking some trips with overlanding or other group tour companies. I would prefer a group tour that combines local accomodations with a small amount of camping (I've never camped a day in my life, but I'm willing to learn . I don't want to ride around in an air-conditioned tour bus or stay in luxury hotels.
I have found several companies that offer interesting itineraries and would like to know if my fellow fodorites have any recommndations. So far I am interested in GAP Adventures for South Africa (the reviews on Trip Advisor were not good), Tucan travel for Ecuador, and Dragoman for India and Nepal.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.healthcare24by7.org/aviqua/
- 2 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 3 Private tours in Northern India
- 4 a month in india
- 5 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 6 Free tour in Hanoi with nice local students
- 7 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 8 Antiquariat Jaipur | Antique Jewelry Fine Art Company In India
- 9 changing left over currency
- 10 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 11 Alternative to Koyasan
- 12 Itinerary feedback please
- 13 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 14 Thing to do in yogyakarta indonesia
- 15 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 16 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 17 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 18 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 21 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 22 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 23 Tokyo hotel help
- 24 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 25 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing