I am a 35 year old single female from NY. I have decided to take this year off from work to travel and spend time with family and friends. I have planned several trips for this year and will have friend joining me on some of them. However, some of the trips I will have to take on my own. So I was thinking of taking some trips with overlanding or other group tour companies. I would prefer a group tour that combines local accomodations with a small amount of camping (I've never camped a day in my life, but I'm willing to learn . I don't want to ride around in an air-conditioned tour bus or stay in luxury hotels.
I have found several companies that offer interesting itineraries and would like to know if my fellow fodorites have any recommndations. So far I am interested in GAP Adventures for South Africa (the reviews on Trip Advisor were not good), Tucan travel for Ecuador, and Dragoman for India and Nepal.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://skincaresfreetrial.com/jeune-fleur/
- 2 First time to India
- 3 6 Seater for your safe and comfort trip in Sri Lanka
- 4 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 5 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 6 First time getting out of the country
- 7 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 8 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 9 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 10 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 11 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 12 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 13 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 14 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 15 Planning my Philippines trip
- 16 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 17 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 18 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 19 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 20 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 21 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 22 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 23 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 24 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 25 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc