I am a 35 year old single female from NY. I have decided to take this year off from work to travel and spend time with family and friends. I have planned several trips for this year and will have friend joining me on some of them. However, some of the trips I will have to take on my own. So I was thinking of taking some trips with overlanding or other group tour companies. I would prefer a group tour that combines local accomodations with a small amount of camping (I've never camped a day in my life, but I'm willing to learn . I don't want to ride around in an air-conditioned tour bus or stay in luxury hotels.
I have found several companies that offer interesting itineraries and would like to know if my fellow fodorites have any recommndations. So far I am interested in GAP Adventures for South Africa (the reviews on Trip Advisor were not good), Tucan travel for Ecuador, and Dragoman for India and Nepal.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!
Overland or Tour Company Recommendations
- 1 Seoul Travel Guide recommendation please!
- 2 Sake Tasting in Kyoto?
- 3 Udaipur, India
- 4 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 5 Ipoh
- 6 Hello, Vietnam
- 7 Singapore Changi Recommends
- 8 1 week in Himachalpradesh in begining of September. Where to go?
- 9 PALACE ON WHEELS - INDIA
- 10 Kashmir or Nepal
- 11 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 12 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 13 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?
- 14 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 15 Sri Lanka
- 16 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 17 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 18 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 19 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 20 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 21 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 22 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 23 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 24 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 25 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed