I am a 35 year old single female from NY. I have decided to take this year off from work to travel and spend time with family and friends. I have planned several trips for this year and will have friend joining me on some of them. However, some of the trips I will have to take on my own. So I was thinking of taking some trips with overlanding or other group tour companies. I would prefer a group tour that combines local accomodations with a small amount of camping (I've never camped a day in my life, but I'm willing to learn . I don't want to ride around in an air-conditioned tour bus or stay in luxury hotels.
I have found several companies that offer interesting itineraries and would like to know if my fellow fodorites have any recommndations. So far I am interested in GAP Adventures for South Africa (the reviews on Trip Advisor were not good), Tucan travel for Ecuador, and Dragoman for India and Nepal.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 2 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 3 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 4 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 5 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 6 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 7 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 8 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 12 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 15 Takayama trail, Japan
- 16 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 17 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 18 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 19 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 20 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 21 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 22 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 23 Visa for India
- 24 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 25 Hútòng Walking