I am a 35 year old single female from NY. I have decided to take this year off from work to travel and spend time with family and friends. I have planned several trips for this year and will have friend joining me on some of them. However, some of the trips I will have to take on my own. So I was thinking of taking some trips with overlanding or other group tour companies. I would prefer a group tour that combines local accomodations with a small amount of camping (I've never camped a day in my life, but I'm willing to learn . I don't want to ride around in an air-conditioned tour bus or stay in luxury hotels.
I have found several companies that offer interesting itineraries and would like to know if my fellow fodorites have any recommndations. So far I am interested in GAP Adventures for South Africa (the reviews on Trip Advisor were not good), Tucan travel for Ecuador, and Dragoman for India and Nepal.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 2 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 5 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 6 Road Scholar tour in China
- 7 Bali - What to do?
- 8 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 9 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 10 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 13 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 14 Being customs
- 15 Itinerary feedback please
- 16 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 17 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 18 Tips in Myanmar
- 19 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 20 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 21 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 22 myanmar
- 23 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 24 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 25 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.