Last time I went to Laos I ran out of time and did not get down to the south. This trip I want to explore the south and then cross the border into Cambodia and take a week or so to get to Phnom Penh. Has anyone had any experience with the border crossing? I've read the Travel fish article (2009) and a few others. A couple of dollars 'bribe' does not worry me but I don't want to get there and find the border closed or no onward transport available. Obviously evisas are not an option but am I better getting a visa in advance or at the border?
Overland from Laos to Cambodia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 2 1st time Japan - solo female
- 3 Financial Blog Corliss Online Group: Two Systems, One Country
- 4 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 5 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 6 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 7 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 8 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 9 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 10 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 11 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 12 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 13 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 14 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 15 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 16 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 17 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 18 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 19 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 20 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 23 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 24 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 25 Japan Itinerary for May