Last time I went to Laos I ran out of time and did not get down to the south. This trip I want to explore the south and then cross the border into Cambodia and take a week or so to get to Phnom Penh. Has anyone had any experience with the border crossing? I've read the Travel fish article (2009) and a few others. A couple of dollars 'bribe' does not worry me but I don't want to get there and find the border closed or no onward transport available. Obviously evisas are not an option but am I better getting a visa in advance or at the border?
Overland from Laos to Cambodia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 2 budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
- 3 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 4 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 8 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 9 Problems at 12,000'
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 Which Putu in Bali????
- 13 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 14 Japan, japan
- 15 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 16 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 17 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 18 Hong Kong restaurants
- 19 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 20 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 21 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 22 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 23 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 24 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 25 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.