We are in the process of amending our rtw travel plans to include an overland route from Czech Republic (Brno) to the Caucasus via Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia and then finally Armenia. All of this will be by sleeper train with 3 - 6 nights in some cities.
Has anyone ever traveled this route (Europe to the Caucasus region) or part of this route that could give us some tips or advice?
Initially our plan was to try and get overland from Europe to India but due to traveling with a 3 year old we weren't happy with the idea of traveling between Iran and Pakistan as there are posts about police escorts between these borders. Can anyone verify this on here?
Thanks for reading and I look forward to some tips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 2 A beach of choice on Samui
- 3 First time trip to Japan questions
- 4 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 5 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 6 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 7 Hotel suggestion-Ranchi
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 10 Travel India solo
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 13 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 14 North India Itinerary advice
- 15 Indonesia travel agent
- 16 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 17 Osaka, aquarium?
- 18 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 19 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 20 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 23 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 24 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 25 Bangkok Taxis