We are in the process of amending our rtw travel plans to include an overland route from Czech Republic (Brno) to the Caucasus via Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia and then finally Armenia. All of this will be by sleeper train with 3 - 6 nights in some cities.
Has anyone ever traveled this route (Europe to the Caucasus region) or part of this route that could give us some tips or advice?
Initially our plan was to try and get overland from Europe to India but due to traveling with a 3 year old we weren't happy with the idea of traveling between Iran and Pakistan as there are posts about police escorts between these borders. Can anyone verify this on here?
Thanks for reading and I look forward to some tips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Other than Kyoto?
- 2 How to rent a car
- 3 Japan itinerary advice
- 4 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 5 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 6 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 7 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 8 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 9 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 10 Trip Report : China
- 11 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 12 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 13 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 14 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 15 Japan GTG, early April
- 16 Beijing tours
- 17 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 18 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 19 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 20 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 21 A great trip in India
- 22 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 23 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 24 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 25 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area