We are in the process of amending our rtw travel plans to include an overland route from Czech Republic (Brno) to the Caucasus via Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia and then finally Armenia. All of this will be by sleeper train with 3 - 6 nights in some cities.
Has anyone ever traveled this route (Europe to the Caucasus region) or part of this route that could give us some tips or advice?
Initially our plan was to try and get overland from Europe to India but due to traveling with a 3 year old we weren't happy with the idea of traveling between Iran and Pakistan as there are posts about police escorts between these borders. Can anyone verify this on here?
Thanks for reading and I look forward to some tips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help Japan
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 4 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 5 November, March, June... Japan?
- 6 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 7 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 8 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 9 Silk Road Tour - China
- 10 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 11 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 12 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 13 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 14 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 15 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 16 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 17 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 18 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 19 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 20 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 21 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 22 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 25 Kuala Lumpur itinerary