We are in the process of amending our rtw travel plans to include an overland route from Czech Republic (Brno) to the Caucasus via Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia and then finally Armenia. All of this will be by sleeper train with 3 - 6 nights in some cities.
Has anyone ever traveled this route (Europe to the Caucasus region) or part of this route that could give us some tips or advice?
Initially our plan was to try and get overland from Europe to India but due to traveling with a 3 year old we weren't happy with the idea of traveling between Iran and Pakistan as there are posts about police escorts between these borders. Can anyone verify this on here?
Thanks for reading and I look forward to some tips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 50th Anniversary trip
- 2 Changing planes at Dubai
- 3 "necessities" for India
- 4 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 7 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 8 14 days in Myanmar
- 9 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 10 Short trip to Myanmar
- 11 ATMs in Japan
- 12 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 13 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 14 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 15 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 16 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 17 Mandalay questions
- 18 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 19 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 20 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 21 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 22 Help - India take 2
- 23 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 24 CNX late arrival?
- 25 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos