My partner and I have scheduled our second visit to beautiful Japan. We fly in and out of Tokyo during late January early February.
Our previous visit was 5 weeks long- we visited Tokyo, Hakone, Takayama, Kanazawa, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima.
This time the main purpose of our 2.5 week visit is to see Tokyo again (we LOVED it) and we are visiting in the second last week of January so we can attend the Sumo tournament. I would like to dedicate 6 nights to Tokyo alone- with perhaps a side trip or 2.
This leaves us with 11 nights to explore a few the places we missed last time.. Also a big focus for us is food- we love traveling to places 'famous' for this dish and that dish.
My initial research has turned up a few places of interest: Nagoya, Okayama and Fukuoka. Also perhaps a one night 'experience' stay in both Miyajima and Koya-San?
Obviously I am trying to expand our travel to places we haven't seen but I am not sure if its easier to base ourselves in major cities such as Osaka and Hiroshima again and utilise day trips to see new places? Or better to travel around for 1 and 2 night stints going as far south as Fukuoka?
Does anyone have any must see's that I haven't listed? Any thoughts on the places I have listed and how long I might have to dedicate to them? Are any of these places a bad idea in January?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 황금성게임 ≪ 접속주소 :【 ' m k 2 8 9.com ' 】
- 2 다빈치다운로드 ⊙접속주소 : 【_mk289.com_】
- 3 Money Transfer Dubai
- 4 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 5 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 6 Off roading in Asia
- 7 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 8 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 9 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 10 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 11 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 14 Tokyo hotel help
- 15 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 16 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 17 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 18 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 19 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 20 How much Yen?
- 21 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 22 South Korea for Chuseok
- 23 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 24 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 25 Getting Yourself Around Beijing