This is my first time to post in Fodor's Travel Forum!
I'll be in the Kansai area for 7D7N this October (19 to 26) and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the itinerary I have planned. This will be my first trip to Japan so I don't know what to expect yet.
Just a bit of a background: experience has proven that I can go through a seemingly packed itinerary without feeling rushed (we hit at least 7 sites a day in Siem Reap with a lot of time to spare!). Also, I like mixing my must-see/major sites with visits to smaller and lesser known spots to escape the crowds. Lastly, I've no problem starting my day at 7:00-8:00am daily
My plan is this:
OCT 19 - Arrive in KIX at 8:00pm. Overnight in Osaka (hostel near Dotonbori)
OCT 20 - Tennoji Area (Shi-Tennoji Temple, Isshinji Temple, Shinsekai) - Osaka Castle - Tenmangu Shrine - Osaka Waterfront (Osaka Aquarium, Naniwa Food Theme Park). Transit to Kyoto in the evening. Overnight in Kyoto (hostel near Kyoto Station)
OCT 21 - Uji Bridge - Ujigami Shrine - Uji Shrine - Koshoji Temple - Taiho-an Tea House - Byodo-in Temple - Fushimi Inari Shrine
OCT 22 - Kiyomizudera - Gyoen National Garden (Kaninnomiya Mansion, Shusui-tei Tea Ceremony Room, Itsukushima Shrine, Munakata Shrine, Shirakumo Shrine, Konoe Pond) - Catch the beginning of the Jidai Matsuri at the Imperial Palace by 12:00nn - Kodaiji Temple - Higashi Otani Mausoleum - Yasaka Shrine - Gion & Nishiki Market
OCT 23 - (Arashiyama) Daikakuji Temple - Otagi Nenbutsuji Temple - Gioji Temple - Takiguchi-Dera Temple - Nonomiya Shrine - Tenryuji Temple
OCT 24 - Ginkakuji Temple - Honen-in Temple - Otoya Jinja - Kumano Nyakuoji Shrine - Kurodani Temple - Heian Jingu Shrine - Shoren-in. Transit to Nara in the evening. Overnight in Nara (hostel near Kintentsu Nara Station)
OCT 25 - Todaiji Temple (Daibutsuden Hall, Nigatsudo Hall, Hokkedo Hall) - Nara Deer Park - Kasugayama Primeval Forest - Kasuga Taisha Grand Shrine - Yoshikien Garden - Kofukuji Temple - Gangoji Temple - Naramachi. Transit to Osaka in the evening. Overnight in Osaka (hostel near Dotonbori)
OCT 26 - Sumiyoshi Taisha - Sacra Famiglia (Osaka Umeda Catholic Church) - Shinsaibashi area (Den Den Town, Hozenji Temple, Hozenji Yochoko Alley, etc.). Transit to KIX by 6:00pm.
Hope to get your insights!
ALSO one last question: I'm planning a daily budget of about Y12,000 per day EXCLUDING accommodations and city-to-city travel. Is this enough for the attractions, cheap restaurant meals, and spontaneous cafe trips? Thanks a lot everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 2 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 3 http://splendyrsite.net/evelina-collagen-serum/
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 5 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 6 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 7 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 8 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 9 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 10 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 11 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 12 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 13 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 14 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 15 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 16 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 17 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 18 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 19 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 22 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 23 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 24 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 25 Best area to stay in Tokyo