This is my first time to post in Fodor's Travel Forum!
I'll be in the Kansai area for 7D7N this October (19 to 26) and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the itinerary I have planned. This will be my first trip to Japan so I don't know what to expect yet.
Just a bit of a background: experience has proven that I can go through a seemingly packed itinerary without feeling rushed (we hit at least 7 sites a day in Siem Reap with a lot of time to spare!). Also, I like mixing my must-see/major sites with visits to smaller and lesser known spots to escape the crowds. Lastly, I've no problem starting my day at 7:00-8:00am daily
My plan is this:
OCT 19 - Arrive in KIX at 8:00pm. Overnight in Osaka (hostel near Dotonbori)
OCT 20 - Tennoji Area (Shi-Tennoji Temple, Isshinji Temple, Shinsekai) - Osaka Castle - Tenmangu Shrine - Osaka Waterfront (Osaka Aquarium, Naniwa Food Theme Park). Transit to Kyoto in the evening. Overnight in Kyoto (hostel near Kyoto Station)
OCT 21 - Uji Bridge - Ujigami Shrine - Uji Shrine - Koshoji Temple - Taiho-an Tea House - Byodo-in Temple - Fushimi Inari Shrine
OCT 22 - Kiyomizudera - Gyoen National Garden (Kaninnomiya Mansion, Shusui-tei Tea Ceremony Room, Itsukushima Shrine, Munakata Shrine, Shirakumo Shrine, Konoe Pond) - Catch the beginning of the Jidai Matsuri at the Imperial Palace by 12:00nn - Kodaiji Temple - Higashi Otani Mausoleum - Yasaka Shrine - Gion & Nishiki Market
OCT 23 - (Arashiyama) Daikakuji Temple - Otagi Nenbutsuji Temple - Gioji Temple - Takiguchi-Dera Temple - Nonomiya Shrine - Tenryuji Temple
OCT 24 - Ginkakuji Temple - Honen-in Temple - Otoya Jinja - Kumano Nyakuoji Shrine - Kurodani Temple - Heian Jingu Shrine - Shoren-in. Transit to Nara in the evening. Overnight in Nara (hostel near Kintentsu Nara Station)
OCT 25 - Todaiji Temple (Daibutsuden Hall, Nigatsudo Hall, Hokkedo Hall) - Nara Deer Park - Kasugayama Primeval Forest - Kasuga Taisha Grand Shrine - Yoshikien Garden - Kofukuji Temple - Gangoji Temple - Naramachi. Transit to Osaka in the evening. Overnight in Osaka (hostel near Dotonbori)
OCT 26 - Sumiyoshi Taisha - Sacra Famiglia (Osaka Umeda Catholic Church) - Shinsaibashi area (Den Den Town, Hozenji Temple, Hozenji Yochoko Alley, etc.). Transit to KIX by 6:00pm.
Hope to get your insights!
ALSO one last question: I'm planning a daily budget of about Y12,000 per day EXCLUDING accommodations and city-to-city travel. Is this enough for the attractions, cheap restaurant meals, and spontaneous cafe trips? Thanks a lot everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 2 경정 ■■접_속: kro55.컴 ■■
- 3 경마문화 ■■접_속: kro55.컴 ■■
- 4 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 7 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 8 Road Scholar tour in China
- 9 Being customs
- 10 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 11 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 12 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 13 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 14 Tips in Myanmar
- 15 myanmar
- 16 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 17 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 18 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 19 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 20 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 21 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 22 A beach of choice on Samui
- 23 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 24 Travel India solo
- 25 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017