I am a Thai Post Graduate student studying in England.
I'm currently writing my dissertation and require your thoughts, experiences and opinions on Thailand as a Tourist destination.
My dissertation topic hopes to challenge how Thailand is portrayed through the media and as a result viewed by tourists. Moreover I wish to know of your own (as tourists') experiences in the country and how they affected your opinion on Thai culture. If you're a reader whom hasn't been to Thailand, your insight is just as valuable to me as collecting various people's opinions is crucial to my research.
Secondary research has confirmed to me that Thailand is seen by many, as a beautiful and culturally enriched country that many people visit for this purpose alone. However my research has also confirmed that Thailand is portrayed and seen as a sex tourist destination. By this I mean a country in which people visit for the purpose of sexual intercourse.
The published sources from which I discovered these findings are what I wish to challenge in my dissertation.
As previously mentioned above I want to know all about your opinions of and experiences in Thailand. So that I can discover my own findings from real people such as yourselves and see if they relate to and/or counter my previous research.
If you could also share your opinion before and after you've arrived in Thailand, that would be greatly appreciated. (readers whom have been to Thailand)
If you wish to discuss this topic on a one to one basis i can provide my email upon request.
I also have a 5 minute Questionnaire I would love for you to complete, however I don't wish to post the link incase my post is removed. So please ask me to provide a link to you through email.
Thank You very much for your time and help. It is very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 Vegetarian/Vegan in Japan
- 4 Bangkok in April?!?
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 6 Kowloon Hotels
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 1st time backpacking thailand/bali help!!!
- 9 Advice on 1 Week in Philipines - Diving, Whale Sharks and More
- 10 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 11 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 12 For: Crellston
- 13 Snapshots From Kerala
- 14 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 15 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 16 My visit to Thailand
- 17 India Trip Report
- 18 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 19 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 20 My visit to Cambodia
- 21 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 22 New Member
- 23 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 24 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 25 My visit to Vietnam