I am a Thai Post Graduate student studying in England.
I'm currently writing my dissertation and require your thoughts, experiences and opinions on Thailand as a Tourist destination.
My dissertation topic hopes to challenge how Thailand is portrayed through the media and as a result viewed by tourists. Moreover I wish to know of your own (as tourists') experiences in the country and how they affected your opinion on Thai culture. If you're a reader whom hasn't been to Thailand, your insight is just as valuable to me as collecting various people's opinions is crucial to my research.
Secondary research has confirmed to me that Thailand is seen by many, as a beautiful and culturally enriched country that many people visit for this purpose alone. However my research has also confirmed that Thailand is portrayed and seen as a sex tourist destination. By this I mean a country in which people visit for the purpose of sexual intercourse.
The published sources from which I discovered these findings are what I wish to challenge in my dissertation.
As previously mentioned above I want to know all about your opinions of and experiences in Thailand. So that I can discover my own findings from real people such as yourselves and see if they relate to and/or counter my previous research.
If you could also share your opinion before and after you've arrived in Thailand, that would be greatly appreciated. (readers whom have been to Thailand)
If you wish to discuss this topic on a one to one basis i can provide my email upon request.
I also have a 5 minute Questionnaire I would love for you to complete, however I don't wish to post the link incase my post is removed. So please ask me to provide a link to you through email.
Thank You very much for your time and help. It is very much appreciated.
Opinions of Thailand as a tourist destination.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Indonesian visa update
- 2 Bangkok - In between all the eating and shopping...
- 3 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 4 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 5 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 6 Destination Bangkok, again
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 9 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 10 Vietnam October 2014
- 11 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 12 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 13 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 14 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 15 malaysia airlines
- 16 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 17 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 18 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 19 3 days in Teheran
- 20 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 21 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 22 Myranmar VISA
- 23 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014
- 24 slightly... paranoid parent
- 25 Takayama vs. Matsumoto