I am a Thai Post Graduate student studying in England.
I'm currently writing my dissertation and require your thoughts, experiences and opinions on Thailand as a Tourist destination.
My dissertation topic hopes to challenge how Thailand is portrayed through the media and as a result viewed by tourists. Moreover I wish to know of your own (as tourists') experiences in the country and how they affected your opinion on Thai culture. If you're a reader whom hasn't been to Thailand, your insight is just as valuable to me as collecting various people's opinions is crucial to my research.
Secondary research has confirmed to me that Thailand is seen by many, as a beautiful and culturally enriched country that many people visit for this purpose alone. However my research has also confirmed that Thailand is portrayed and seen as a sex tourist destination. By this I mean a country in which people visit for the purpose of sexual intercourse.
The published sources from which I discovered these findings are what I wish to challenge in my dissertation.
As previously mentioned above I want to know all about your opinions of and experiences in Thailand. So that I can discover my own findings from real people such as yourselves and see if they relate to and/or counter my previous research.
If you could also share your opinion before and after you've arrived in Thailand, that would be greatly appreciated. (readers whom have been to Thailand)
If you wish to discuss this topic on a one to one basis i can provide my email upon request.
I also have a 5 minute Questionnaire I would love for you to complete, however I don't wish to post the link incase my post is removed. So please ask me to provide a link to you through email.
Thank You very much for your time and help. It is very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 2 Inside north vietnam
- 3 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 4 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 5 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 6 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 7 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 8 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 9 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 10 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 11 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 12 November, March, June... Japan?
- 13 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 14 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 15 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 16 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 17 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 18 Silk Road Tour - China
- 19 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 20 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 21 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 22 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 25 Kuala Lumpur itinerary