I am a Thai Post Graduate student studying in England.
I'm currently writing my dissertation and require your thoughts, experiences and opinions on Thailand as a Tourist destination.
My dissertation topic hopes to challenge how Thailand is portrayed through the media and as a result viewed by tourists. Moreover I wish to know of your own (as tourists') experiences in the country and how they affected your opinion on Thai culture. If you're a reader whom hasn't been to Thailand, your insight is just as valuable to me as collecting various people's opinions is crucial to my research.
Secondary research has confirmed to me that Thailand is seen by many, as a beautiful and culturally enriched country that many people visit for this purpose alone. However my research has also confirmed that Thailand is portrayed and seen as a sex tourist destination. By this I mean a country in which people visit for the purpose of sexual intercourse.
The published sources from which I discovered these findings are what I wish to challenge in my dissertation.
As previously mentioned above I want to know all about your opinions of and experiences in Thailand. So that I can discover my own findings from real people such as yourselves and see if they relate to and/or counter my previous research.
If you could also share your opinion before and after you've arrived in Thailand, that would be greatly appreciated. (readers whom have been to Thailand)
If you wish to discuss this topic on a one to one basis i can provide my email upon request.
I also have a 5 minute Questionnaire I would love for you to complete, however I don't wish to post the link incase my post is removed. So please ask me to provide a link to you through email.
Thank You very much for your time and help. It is very much appreciated.
Opinions of Thailand as a tourist destination.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 2 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 3 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 4 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 7 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 8 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 9 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 10 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 11 1st time Japan - solo female
- 12 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 13 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 14 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 15 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 16 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 17 Odyssey unlimited
- 18 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 19 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 20 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 21 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 22 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 23 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 24 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 25 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February