I'm planning a trip to Japan in February, our second to the country. After a few days in Tokyo, my husband and are planning to head toward the Nagano area. We will probably have about 4 nights there. We hope to be able to see the snow monkeys (de rigeur) and generally soak up the atmosphere of the onsen villages and mountains. We will not be skiing due to an injury my husband sustained last ski season, but are planning to snowshoe. We love hot springs, but I will be in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, so won't be able to enjoy more than a quick dip. As a result, we're hoping to stay in a spot that is lovely both in and out of the baths. We're happy to change locales rather than spending all 4 nights in one spot. In my reading, a few locations that have popped up have been Shibu, Nozawa, Yuzawa, Shibu, Kusatsu, Hakuba. And thoughts about these spots or others?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/testo-black-xt/
- 2 Home delivery restaurant in gurgaon
- 3 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 4 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 5 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 6 Bali & Singapore in October
- 7 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 8 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 9 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 10 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 11 Booking on the fly
- 12 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 13 Tea estates of Munnar
- 14 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 15 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 16 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 17 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 20 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 21 like my food
- 22 Laos or Kerala?
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 24 Portable wifi rental
- 25 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions