I'm planning a trip to Japan in February, our second to the country. After a few days in Tokyo, my husband and are planning to head toward the Nagano area. We will probably have about 4 nights there. We hope to be able to see the snow monkeys (de rigeur) and generally soak up the atmosphere of the onsen villages and mountains. We will not be skiing due to an injury my husband sustained last ski season, but are planning to snowshoe. We love hot springs, but I will be in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, so won't be able to enjoy more than a quick dip. As a result, we're hoping to stay in a spot that is lovely both in and out of the baths. We're happy to change locales rather than spending all 4 nights in one spot. In my reading, a few locations that have popped up have been Shibu, Nozawa, Yuzawa, Shibu, Kusatsu, Hakuba. And thoughts about these spots or others?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://eternitynaturalscleanse.com/hl-slim-pro/
- 2 Bali - What to do?
- 3 free walking tours in hanoi
- 4 Road Scholar tour in China
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 China in July
- 7 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 8 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 9 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 10 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 11 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 12 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 13 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 14 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 15 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 16 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 17 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 18 Being customs
- 19 Itinerary feedback please
- 20 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 21 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 22 Tips in Myanmar
- 23 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 24 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 25 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?