I'm planning a trip to Japan in February, our second to the country. After a few days in Tokyo, my husband and are planning to head toward the Nagano area. We will probably have about 4 nights there. We hope to be able to see the snow monkeys (de rigeur) and generally soak up the atmosphere of the onsen villages and mountains. We will not be skiing due to an injury my husband sustained last ski season, but are planning to snowshoe. We love hot springs, but I will be in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, so won't be able to enjoy more than a quick dip. As a result, we're hoping to stay in a spot that is lovely both in and out of the baths. We're happy to change locales rather than spending all 4 nights in one spot. In my reading, a few locations that have popped up have been Shibu, Nozawa, Yuzawa, Shibu, Kusatsu, Hakuba. And thoughts about these spots or others?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 (U.k) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h SUPP
- 2 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 4 Japan rough itinerary
- 5 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 6 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 7 Budget Servied Apt
- 8 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 9 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 10 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 11 Something about... Malaysia
- 12 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 13 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 14 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 15 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 16 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 17 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 18 Japan Itinerary!
- 19 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 20 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 21 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar
- 22 First Trip to Japan in August
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 24 Cherry Blossom Trip April 2018
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR