I'm planning a trip to Japan in February, our second to the country. After a few days in Tokyo, my husband and are planning to head toward the Nagano area. We will probably have about 4 nights there. We hope to be able to see the snow monkeys (de rigeur) and generally soak up the atmosphere of the onsen villages and mountains. We will not be skiing due to an injury my husband sustained last ski season, but are planning to snowshoe. We love hot springs, but I will be in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, so won't be able to enjoy more than a quick dip. As a result, we're hoping to stay in a spot that is lovely both in and out of the baths. We're happy to change locales rather than spending all 4 nights in one spot. In my reading, a few locations that have popped up have been Shibu, Nozawa, Yuzawa, Shibu, Kusatsu, Hakuba. And thoughts about these spots or others?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 2 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 3 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 4 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 5 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 6 First time to India
- 7 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 8 where to stay in Busan
- 9 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 10 Thai Jungle Experience
- 11 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 12 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 13 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 14 First time getting out of the country
- 15 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 16 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 17 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 18 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 19 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 20 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 21 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 22 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 25 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun