I'm planning a trip to Japan in February, our second to the country. After a few days in Tokyo, my husband and are planning to head toward the Nagano area. We will probably have about 4 nights there. We hope to be able to see the snow monkeys (de rigeur) and generally soak up the atmosphere of the onsen villages and mountains. We will not be skiing due to an injury my husband sustained last ski season, but are planning to snowshoe. We love hot springs, but I will be in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, so won't be able to enjoy more than a quick dip. As a result, we're hoping to stay in a spot that is lovely both in and out of the baths. We're happy to change locales rather than spending all 4 nights in one spot. In my reading, a few locations that have popped up have been Shibu, Nozawa, Yuzawa, Shibu, Kusatsu, Hakuba. And thoughts about these spots or others?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 2 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 3 Kerala trip
- 4 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 5 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 6 E Visa for India?
- 7 1-2 months South East Asia
- 8 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 9 Help - India.
- 10 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 11 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 12 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 13 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 14 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 15 Side trips from Taipei
- 16 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 17 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 18 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 19 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 20 Thailand Advice Please
- 21 The Indian money crunch.
- 22 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 23 Myanmar Itinerary review and advise!
- 24 Nara or Hiroshima?
- 25 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017