I'm planning a trip to Japan in February, our second to the country. After a few days in Tokyo, my husband and are planning to head toward the Nagano area. We will probably have about 4 nights there. We hope to be able to see the snow monkeys (de rigeur) and generally soak up the atmosphere of the onsen villages and mountains. We will not be skiing due to an injury my husband sustained last ski season, but are planning to snowshoe. We love hot springs, but I will be in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, so won't be able to enjoy more than a quick dip. As a result, we're hoping to stay in a spot that is lovely both in and out of the baths. We're happy to change locales rather than spending all 4 nights in one spot. In my reading, a few locations that have popped up have been Shibu, Nozawa, Yuzawa, Shibu, Kusatsu, Hakuba. And thoughts about these spots or others?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 3 Vientiane and ??
- 4 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 5 Magical India
- 6 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 7 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 8 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 9 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 10 Himachal Pradesh
- 11 Luggage size China ?
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 Thai Elephants
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 16 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 17 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 18 Sri Lanka in August
- 19 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 20 India itinerary critique please
- 21 Japan/Korea/HK
- 22 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 23 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 24 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 25 Impressions of India