I'm planning a trip to Japan in February, our second to the country. After a few days in Tokyo, my husband and are planning to head toward the Nagano area. We will probably have about 4 nights there. We hope to be able to see the snow monkeys (de rigeur) and generally soak up the atmosphere of the onsen villages and mountains. We will not be skiing due to an injury my husband sustained last ski season, but are planning to snowshoe. We love hot springs, but I will be in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, so won't be able to enjoy more than a quick dip. As a result, we're hoping to stay in a spot that is lovely both in and out of the baths. We're happy to change locales rather than spending all 4 nights in one spot. In my reading, a few locations that have popped up have been Shibu, Nozawa, Yuzawa, Shibu, Kusatsu, Hakuba. And thoughts about these spots or others?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZjkj4G3Rgs
- 2 Japan itinerary advice
- 3 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 4 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 5 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 6 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 7 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 8 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 9 Other than Kyoto?
- 10 Trip Report : China
- 11 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 12 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 13 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 14 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 15 Japan GTG, early April
- 16 Beijing tours
- 17 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 18 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 19 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 20 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 21 A great trip in India
- 22 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 23 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 24 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 25 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area