Due to our two daughters both getting married this year, we pretty much gave up any hope of an overseas trip, BUT it is our 30th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks after the last wedding. So with a big trip planned early next year we decided to allow one week and our points to dictate where we might go. Yay, we can get to Beijing b/class with our existing points.
It will be the last few days of October and the first few days of November, which on my brief research so far, should be quite cool but dry?? We will stay in the one hotel for the week, the Fairmont is offering a really good deal for that period but most reviewers seem to think its 'too' far from anything?? We are avid walkers and are quite happy to use public transport.
We will spend the week exploring the city, allowing one day to go out and visit 'The Wall'. We don't wont to 'waste' time on a big group tour, stopping off at obligatory shops/factories etc.
Should we get the train and just wander around (I'm a keen photographer) or does anyone know of an awesome private/small group driver/tour guide that can take us to a 'less' manic part of the Wall?
Food is always a huge part of our trip and I would love recommendation for great places to eat. Love to try local/new things but having said that.....it is China and we're not outrageously adventurous
So excited, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feb 3- Feb 11, 2017 Itinerary help please
- 2 TOP THINGS TO DO IN BAGAN, MYANMAR
- 3 50th Anniversary trip
- 4 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 5 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 6 SE Asia in December/January
- 7 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 8 My Topic TitleTravel Partner in Karimunjawa Islands
- 9 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 10 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 11 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 12 14 days in Myanmar
- 13 Harbin in mid March
- 14 Changing planes at Dubai
- 15 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 16 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 17 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 18 Indian Food Series
- 19 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 20 "necessities" for India
- 21 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 22 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 23 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 24 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 25 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?