Due to our two daughters both getting married this year, we pretty much gave up any hope of an overseas trip, BUT it is our 30th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks after the last wedding. So with a big trip planned early next year we decided to allow one week and our points to dictate where we might go. Yay, we can get to Beijing b/class with our existing points.
It will be the last few days of October and the first few days of November, which on my brief research so far, should be quite cool but dry?? We will stay in the one hotel for the week, the Fairmont is offering a really good deal for that period but most reviewers seem to think its 'too' far from anything?? We are avid walkers and are quite happy to use public transport.
We will spend the week exploring the city, allowing one day to go out and visit 'The Wall'. We don't wont to 'waste' time on a big group tour, stopping off at obligatory shops/factories etc.
Should we get the train and just wander around (I'm a keen photographer) or does anyone know of an awesome private/small group driver/tour guide that can take us to a 'less' manic part of the Wall?
Food is always a huge part of our trip and I would love recommendation for great places to eat. Love to try local/new things but having said that.....it is China and we're not outrageously adventurous
So excited, thanks in advance.
One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 2 Osaka shopping
- 3 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 4 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 7 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 8 Penang
- 9 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 10 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 11 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 12 Takayama ideas in April?
- 13 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 14 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 15 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 16 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 17 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 18 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 19 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 20 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 21 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 22 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 23 India
- 24 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 25 Tokyo and Thailand in July