Due to our two daughters both getting married this year, we pretty much gave up any hope of an overseas trip, BUT it is our 30th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks after the last wedding. So with a big trip planned early next year we decided to allow one week and our points to dictate where we might go. Yay, we can get to Beijing b/class with our existing points.
It will be the last few days of October and the first few days of November, which on my brief research so far, should be quite cool but dry?? We will stay in the one hotel for the week, the Fairmont is offering a really good deal for that period but most reviewers seem to think its 'too' far from anything?? We are avid walkers and are quite happy to use public transport.
We will spend the week exploring the city, allowing one day to go out and visit 'The Wall'. We don't wont to 'waste' time on a big group tour, stopping off at obligatory shops/factories etc.
Should we get the train and just wander around (I'm a keen photographer) or does anyone know of an awesome private/small group driver/tour guide that can take us to a 'less' manic part of the Wall?
Food is always a huge part of our trip and I would love recommendation for great places to eat. Love to try local/new things but having said that.....it is China and we're not outrageously adventurous
So excited, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Requesting Passport Number
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 5 weeks in Japan
- 4 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 5 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 6 Eating in India
- 7 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 8 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 9 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 10 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 11 Phu Quoc
- 12 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 13 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 14 China and Japan help
- 15 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 16 Help! India Visa question....
- 17 Singapore hotel
- 18 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 19 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 20 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 21 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 22 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 24 Solo female first-timer: Thailand
- 25 Shanghai Pollution in January 2016