Due to our two daughters both getting married this year, we pretty much gave up any hope of an overseas trip, BUT it is our 30th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks after the last wedding. So with a big trip planned early next year we decided to allow one week and our points to dictate where we might go. Yay, we can get to Beijing b/class with our existing points.
It will be the last few days of October and the first few days of November, which on my brief research so far, should be quite cool but dry?? We will stay in the one hotel for the week, the Fairmont is offering a really good deal for that period but most reviewers seem to think its 'too' far from anything?? We are avid walkers and are quite happy to use public transport.
We will spend the week exploring the city, allowing one day to go out and visit 'The Wall'. We don't wont to 'waste' time on a big group tour, stopping off at obligatory shops/factories etc.
Should we get the train and just wander around (I'm a keen photographer) or does anyone know of an awesome private/small group driver/tour guide that can take us to a 'less' manic part of the Wall?
Food is always a huge part of our trip and I would love recommendation for great places to eat. Love to try local/new things but having said that.....it is China and we're not outrageously adventurous
So excited, thanks in advance.
One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Destination Bangkok, again
- 2 Vietnam October 2014
- 3 Gurgaon, the business hub of Haryana is also a tourist destination
- 4 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 5 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 6 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 9 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 10 Sihanoukville - is it possible to rent a small hut?
- 11 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 12 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 13 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 14 N. India itinerary feedback
- 15 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 16 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 17 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 18 Bangkok - State Railways of Thailand - All the Excursions
- 19 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 20 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 21 Travel during China national week?
- 22 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 23 Bali or Fiji
- 24 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 25 Honeymoon in december 2014