Due to our two daughters both getting married this year, we pretty much gave up any hope of an overseas trip, BUT it is our 30th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks after the last wedding. So with a big trip planned early next year we decided to allow one week and our points to dictate where we might go. Yay, we can get to Beijing b/class with our existing points.
It will be the last few days of October and the first few days of November, which on my brief research so far, should be quite cool but dry?? We will stay in the one hotel for the week, the Fairmont is offering a really good deal for that period but most reviewers seem to think its 'too' far from anything?? We are avid walkers and are quite happy to use public transport.
We will spend the week exploring the city, allowing one day to go out and visit 'The Wall'. We don't wont to 'waste' time on a big group tour, stopping off at obligatory shops/factories etc.
Should we get the train and just wander around (I'm a keen photographer) or does anyone know of an awesome private/small group driver/tour guide that can take us to a 'less' manic part of the Wall?
Food is always a huge part of our trip and I would love recommendation for great places to eat. Love to try local/new things but having said that.....it is China and we're not outrageously adventurous
So excited, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://skincaresfreetrial.com/nuvaclear-cream/
- 2 Free Tour Guide in Hanoi
- 3 Income Tax Return Filling for NRI
- 4 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 5 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 6 Best (and safest) Place to see the Himalayas
- 7 Mumbai short visit
- 8 K2 Base Camp Trek; Wondrous Experience!
- 9 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 10 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 11 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 12 Thailand Guides
- 13 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 14 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 15 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 16 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 17 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 18 Phuket Beaches
- 19 India itinerary critique please
- 20 Japan Itinerary!
- 21 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 22 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 23 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 24 Magical India
- 25 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food