Due to our two daughters both getting married this year, we pretty much gave up any hope of an overseas trip, BUT it is our 30th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks after the last wedding. So with a big trip planned early next year we decided to allow one week and our points to dictate where we might go. Yay, we can get to Beijing b/class with our existing points.
It will be the last few days of October and the first few days of November, which on my brief research so far, should be quite cool but dry?? We will stay in the one hotel for the week, the Fairmont is offering a really good deal for that period but most reviewers seem to think its 'too' far from anything?? We are avid walkers and are quite happy to use public transport.
We will spend the week exploring the city, allowing one day to go out and visit 'The Wall'. We don't wont to 'waste' time on a big group tour, stopping off at obligatory shops/factories etc.
Should we get the train and just wander around (I'm a keen photographer) or does anyone know of an awesome private/small group driver/tour guide that can take us to a 'less' manic part of the Wall?
Food is always a huge part of our trip and I would love recommendation for great places to eat. Love to try local/new things but having said that.....it is China and we're not outrageously adventurous
So excited, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"
- 2 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 3 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 4 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 5 Itinerary... and lots of trains. Advice Please
- 6 Suggestions for plan B?: a week in Thailand in early November
- 7 Money (and cards) in Myanmar
- 8 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 9 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 10 Best month for weather, Burma, Laos
- 11 I will be in Ubud for 9 days?
- 12 Cover in Bagan/temples
- 13 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 14 Myanmar Help
- 15 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 16 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 17 Japan Itinerary Help
- 18 Hotel in Tokyo
- 19 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 20 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 21 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 22 Looking for a hotel in Singapore, what areas should I avoid?
- 23 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 24 Vietnam - September 2015
- 25 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?