Due to our two daughters both getting married this year, we pretty much gave up any hope of an overseas trip, BUT it is our 30th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks after the last wedding. So with a big trip planned early next year we decided to allow one week and our points to dictate where we might go. Yay, we can get to Beijing b/class with our existing points.
It will be the last few days of October and the first few days of November, which on my brief research so far, should be quite cool but dry?? We will stay in the one hotel for the week, the Fairmont is offering a really good deal for that period but most reviewers seem to think its 'too' far from anything?? We are avid walkers and are quite happy to use public transport.
We will spend the week exploring the city, allowing one day to go out and visit 'The Wall'. We don't wont to 'waste' time on a big group tour, stopping off at obligatory shops/factories etc.
Should we get the train and just wander around (I'm a keen photographer) or does anyone know of an awesome private/small group driver/tour guide that can take us to a 'less' manic part of the Wall?
Food is always a huge part of our trip and I would love recommendation for great places to eat. Love to try local/new things but having said that.....it is China and we're not outrageously adventurous
So excited, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.healthoptimumfact.com/flawless-youth-skin-care/
- 2 Moisture-proof solid wood flooring
- 3 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 4 to the cabinet. Shelves at the top
- 5 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 6 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 7 Malaysian Travel Catalogue with Lottery Scratch Tickets. Is this legit?
- 8 strengthen the floor
- 9 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 10 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 11 Amakusa island help
- 12 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 13 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 14 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 15 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 16 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 17 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 18 Passport
- 19 Japan Itinerary
- 20 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 21 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 22 Toddler twin travel in India
- 23 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 24 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 25 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India