Due to our two daughters both getting married this year, we pretty much gave up any hope of an overseas trip, BUT it is our 30th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks after the last wedding. So with a big trip planned early next year we decided to allow one week and our points to dictate where we might go. Yay, we can get to Beijing b/class with our existing points.
It will be the last few days of October and the first few days of November, which on my brief research so far, should be quite cool but dry?? We will stay in the one hotel for the week, the Fairmont is offering a really good deal for that period but most reviewers seem to think its 'too' far from anything?? We are avid walkers and are quite happy to use public transport.
We will spend the week exploring the city, allowing one day to go out and visit 'The Wall'. We don't wont to 'waste' time on a big group tour, stopping off at obligatory shops/factories etc.
Should we get the train and just wander around (I'm a keen photographer) or does anyone know of an awesome private/small group driver/tour guide that can take us to a 'less' manic part of the Wall?
Food is always a huge part of our trip and I would love recommendation for great places to eat. Love to try local/new things but having said that.....it is China and we're not outrageously adventurous
So excited, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan / Korea Trip
- 2 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 3 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 4 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 5 vietnam visa
- 6 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 7 Japan GTG, early April
- 8 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 9 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 10 Tokyo daytrip
- 11 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 12 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 13 Trip Report : China
- 14 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 15 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 16 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 17 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 18 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 19 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 20 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 21 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 22 Bali - What to do?
- 23 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 On the road again - to Incredible India.