Due to our two daughters both getting married this year, we pretty much gave up any hope of an overseas trip, BUT it is our 30th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks after the last wedding. So with a big trip planned early next year we decided to allow one week and our points to dictate where we might go. Yay, we can get to Beijing b/class with our existing points.
It will be the last few days of October and the first few days of November, which on my brief research so far, should be quite cool but dry?? We will stay in the one hotel for the week, the Fairmont is offering a really good deal for that period but most reviewers seem to think its 'too' far from anything?? We are avid walkers and are quite happy to use public transport.
We will spend the week exploring the city, allowing one day to go out and visit 'The Wall'. We don't wont to 'waste' time on a big group tour, stopping off at obligatory shops/factories etc.
Should we get the train and just wander around (I'm a keen photographer) or does anyone know of an awesome private/small group driver/tour guide that can take us to a 'less' manic part of the Wall?
Food is always a huge part of our trip and I would love recommendation for great places to eat. Love to try local/new things but having said that.....it is China and we're not outrageously adventurous
So excited, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks itinerary China
- 2 hanoi eats
- 3 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 4 A train ride through Java
- 5 JAPANiCAN.com
- 6 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 7 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 8 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 9 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 10 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 11 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 12 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 13 New Delhi - What to see?
- 14 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 15 Travel in Kyushu.
- 16 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 17 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 18 Bicycle riding required?
- 19 Castle & King tour questions
- 20 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 21 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 22 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 23 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 24 trekking in july in Myanmar
- 25 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015