Af the tail end of a 5 week trip in Asia, we'll be breaking up our return flight to the US by spending 5 nights in Kyoto and regrettably, only one night in Tokyo. So, we basically have one day and I think it'll be visiting the Imperial Palace grounds. I have a free night at the Hyatt in Shinjuku-ku, but I'm thinking it may be better to stay closer to the Imperial Palace area to optimize time. We'd also like to be able to walk around shopping/restaurants a bit. Is the Imperial Palace area a good neighborhood or do you recommend a different area. And, do you have a favorite hotel to stay at? Thanks again for your ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where to go to Sapa, Vietnam
- 2 India visa for new passport
- 3 THINGS TO DO IN HANOI OLD QUARTER IN ONE DAY
- 4 Which is the best tourist place in India?
- 5 Aptitude preparation
- 6 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 7 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 8 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 9 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 10 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 11 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 12 Traffic and Police in India
- 13 Serendipity Srilanka
- 14 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 15 New Thai Visa
- 16 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 17 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 18 New Years in Japan
- 19 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 20 Sri Lanka in December
- 21 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 22 january 31 in colombo
- 23 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 24 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 25 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki