I’m planning a month long trip to India (from mid-November to mid-December) and I’m looking for some sensible, practical advice.
From the UK, I’m an inexperienced traveller in my late 20’s and will be travelling with my partner. I have a basic to mid-range budget and I’m happy to explore and experience a variety of options with both accommodation and travel options in order to keep costs down (and research has given me an insight into what I can realistically expect)
From my initial research , I would love to spend time in both North and South India, but understand that will a combination of both appreciating what an area has to offer and planning travel around the country; a basic itinerary needs some careful thought
Is it feasible to look at spending time in across many key places across the country, or do I need to skim this down to just a couple of key areas?
It was suggested that I fly into Delhi, explore there; and potentially move around to other areas of the country from there. I do understand that I will need to make sacrifices to where I can visit, in order to practically get from one place to another, and appreciate where I am without having to move on too quickly.
I am purposely not suggesting any places on this forum that I want to go (as every area of India has something I would love to visit) and no doubt after I have been on this trip I will be booking subsequent trips to explore more of what country has to offer.
I’m a blank canvas and would love some of your experienced advice on what my trip could look like. Also any general feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 KYOCERA PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT KYOCERA Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 India Tour Packages
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 Hotel Chang Mai
- 5 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 6 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 7 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 8 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 9 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 10 Bhutan paro Tshechu
- 11 Thailand
- 12 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 13 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 15 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 16 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 17 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 18 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 19 Hotel in Hanoi
- 20 India help needed
- 21 Beach hotel Thailand
- 22 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 23 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 24 Sim cards and adaptors
- 25 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!