I’m planning a month long trip to India (from mid-November to mid-December) and I’m looking for some sensible, practical advice.
From the UK, I’m an inexperienced traveller in my late 20’s and will be travelling with my partner. I have a basic to mid-range budget and I’m happy to explore and experience a variety of options with both accommodation and travel options in order to keep costs down (and research has given me an insight into what I can realistically expect)
From my initial research , I would love to spend time in both North and South India, but understand that will a combination of both appreciating what an area has to offer and planning travel around the country; a basic itinerary needs some careful thought
Is it feasible to look at spending time in across many key places across the country, or do I need to skim this down to just a couple of key areas?
It was suggested that I fly into Delhi, explore there; and potentially move around to other areas of the country from there. I do understand that I will need to make sacrifices to where I can visit, in order to practically get from one place to another, and appreciate where I am without having to move on too quickly.
I am purposely not suggesting any places on this forum that I want to go (as every area of India has something I would love to visit) and no doubt after I have been on this trip I will be booking subsequent trips to explore more of what country has to offer.
I’m a blank canvas and would love some of your experienced advice on what my trip could look like. Also any general feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Changing planes at Dubai
- 2 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 3 50th Anniversary trip
- 4 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 5 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 6 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 14 days in Myanmar
- 9 Indian Food Series
- 10 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 11 "necessities" for India
- 12 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 15 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 16 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 17 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 18 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 19 Short trip to Myanmar
- 20 ATMs in Japan
- 21 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 22 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 23 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 24 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 25 Gang rape in India. Again.