I’m planning a month long trip to India (from mid-November to mid-December) and I’m looking for some sensible, practical advice.
From the UK, I’m an inexperienced traveller in my late 20’s and will be travelling with my partner. I have a basic to mid-range budget and I’m happy to explore and experience a variety of options with both accommodation and travel options in order to keep costs down (and research has given me an insight into what I can realistically expect)
From my initial research , I would love to spend time in both North and South India, but understand that will a combination of both appreciating what an area has to offer and planning travel around the country; a basic itinerary needs some careful thought
Is it feasible to look at spending time in across many key places across the country, or do I need to skim this down to just a couple of key areas?
It was suggested that I fly into Delhi, explore there; and potentially move around to other areas of the country from there. I do understand that I will need to make sacrifices to where I can visit, in order to practically get from one place to another, and appreciate where I am without having to move on too quickly.
I am purposely not suggesting any places on this forum that I want to go (as every area of India has something I would love to visit) and no doubt after I have been on this trip I will be booking subsequent trips to explore more of what country has to offer.
I’m a blank canvas and would love some of your experienced advice on what my trip could look like. Also any general feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 USA : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540 :6830 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 4 Twin rooms in Japan
- 5 sri lanka- tips required
- 6 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 7 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 8 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 9 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 10 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 11 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 12 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 13 Christmas in the Alps
- 14 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 15 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 16 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 17 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 18 Laos or Kerala?
- 19 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 20 Bali & Singapore in October
- 21 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 22 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 23 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 24 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 25 Booking on the fly