My partner and I are spending two nights in Bali before picking up an expedition cruise to Borneo next year. We've spent some time in Bali before (ten days in and around Ubud) and are not trying to be tourists this time: we're just arriving a couple of days early so we can be sure we don't miss our ship because of flight delays etc. The ship leaves from the port at Benoa in the south. We're looking for suggestions for a low key but reasonable quality hotel within an hour of the port. We arrive in the evening and have a full day to relax before we board the cruise so would welcome any advice on how to fill in the day as well. We're not into nightclubs and partying, but enjoy cultural things so temples, markets and just wandering in interesting areas would be great.
One day, two nights in southern Bali
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 4 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 5 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 6 help with itinerary!
- 7 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 8 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 9 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 11 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 12 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 13 Christmas Time in India
- 14 Having doubts with China
- 15 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 16 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 17 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 18 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 19 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 20 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 21 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 22 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 23 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 24 Myanmar podcast
- 25 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax