My partner and I are spending two nights in Bali before picking up an expedition cruise to Borneo next year. We've spent some time in Bali before (ten days in and around Ubud) and are not trying to be tourists this time: we're just arriving a couple of days early so we can be sure we don't miss our ship because of flight delays etc. The ship leaves from the port at Benoa in the south. We're looking for suggestions for a low key but reasonable quality hotel within an hour of the port. We arrive in the evening and have a full day to relax before we board the cruise so would welcome any advice on how to fill in the day as well. We're not into nightclubs and partying, but enjoy cultural things so temples, markets and just wandering in interesting areas would be great.
One day, two nights in southern Bali
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 2 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 3 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 4 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 7 Kashmir today
- 8 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 9 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 10 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 11 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 12 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 13 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 14 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 15 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 16 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 17 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 18 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 19 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 20 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 21 Triple Room in Singapore
- 22 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 23 What I like about Mumbai
- 24 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 25 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak