My partner and I are spending two nights in Bali before picking up an expedition cruise to Borneo next year. We've spent some time in Bali before (ten days in and around Ubud) and are not trying to be tourists this time: we're just arriving a couple of days early so we can be sure we don't miss our ship because of flight delays etc. The ship leaves from the port at Benoa in the south. We're looking for suggestions for a low key but reasonable quality hotel within an hour of the port. We arrive in the evening and have a full day to relax before we board the cruise so would welcome any advice on how to fill in the day as well. We're not into nightclubs and partying, but enjoy cultural things so temples, markets and just wandering in interesting areas would be great.
One day, two nights in southern Bali
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 2 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 3 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 4 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 5 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 6 Anyone in Bangkok
- 7 Travel Insurance
- 8 South East Asia
- 9 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 10 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 11 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 12 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 13 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 14 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 15 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 19 1 week Philippines
- 20 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 21 Japan: best time to go?
- 22 Magical India
- 23 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 24 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 25 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!