My partner and I are spending two nights in Bali before picking up an expedition cruise to Borneo next year. We've spent some time in Bali before (ten days in and around Ubud) and are not trying to be tourists this time: we're just arriving a couple of days early so we can be sure we don't miss our ship because of flight delays etc. The ship leaves from the port at Benoa in the south. We're looking for suggestions for a low key but reasonable quality hotel within an hour of the port. We arrive in the evening and have a full day to relax before we board the cruise so would welcome any advice on how to fill in the day as well. We're not into nightclubs and partying, but enjoy cultural things so temples, markets and just wandering in interesting areas would be great.
One day, two nights in southern Bali
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Planning for Nov/Dec trip to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, LP, Hanoi via HK
- 2 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 3 Bali , camboidia, Laos itinerary - please tweak
- 4 Kashmir first week of June onwards, a few concerns
- 5 Planning trip to India, have a couple of questions
- 6 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 7 Asia Tour Companies
- 8 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 9 thai air Discovery pass question
- 10 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 11 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 12 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 13 Kllok Travel for Hong Kong. Anybody use it?
- 14 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 15 Angkor Wat guide
- 16 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 17 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 18 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 19 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 20 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 21 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 22 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 23 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 24 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 25 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?