My partner and I are spending two nights in Bali before picking up an expedition cruise to Borneo next year. We've spent some time in Bali before (ten days in and around Ubud) and are not trying to be tourists this time: we're just arriving a couple of days early so we can be sure we don't miss our ship because of flight delays etc. The ship leaves from the port at Benoa in the south. We're looking for suggestions for a low key but reasonable quality hotel within an hour of the port. We arrive in the evening and have a full day to relax before we board the cruise so would welcome any advice on how to fill in the day as well. We're not into nightclubs and partying, but enjoy cultural things so temples, markets and just wandering in interesting areas would be great.
One day, two nights in southern Bali
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 2 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 3 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 4 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 5 Photos from India!
- 6 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 7 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 8 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 9 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 10 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 11 Myanmar River Cruises
- 12 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 13 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 14 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 15 How to handle cash in Japan
- 16 Great Wall hike
- 17 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 18 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 19 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 20 Six days in Hong Kong
- 21 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 22 Storing photos while traveling
- 23 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 24 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 25 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?