My partner and I are spending two nights in Bali before picking up an expedition cruise to Borneo next year. We've spent some time in Bali before (ten days in and around Ubud) and are not trying to be tourists this time: we're just arriving a couple of days early so we can be sure we don't miss our ship because of flight delays etc. The ship leaves from the port at Benoa in the south. We're looking for suggestions for a low key but reasonable quality hotel within an hour of the port. We arrive in the evening and have a full day to relax before we board the cruise so would welcome any advice on how to fill in the day as well. We're not into nightclubs and partying, but enjoy cultural things so temples, markets and just wandering in interesting areas would be great.
One day, two nights in southern Bali
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 2 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 3 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 4 Penang
- 5 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 6 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 7 India
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 10 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 11 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 12 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 13 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 14 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 15 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 16 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 19 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 20 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 21 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 22 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 23 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 24 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!