My partner and I are spending two nights in Bali before picking up an expedition cruise to Borneo next year. We've spent some time in Bali before (ten days in and around Ubud) and are not trying to be tourists this time: we're just arriving a couple of days early so we can be sure we don't miss our ship because of flight delays etc. The ship leaves from the port at Benoa in the south. We're looking for suggestions for a low key but reasonable quality hotel within an hour of the port. We arrive in the evening and have a full day to relax before we board the cruise so would welcome any advice on how to fill in the day as well. We're not into nightclubs and partying, but enjoy cultural things so temples, markets and just wandering in interesting areas would be great.
One day, two nights in southern Bali
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 2 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 3 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 4 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 5 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 6 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 7 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 8 best dining in Kyoto
- 9 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 10 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 11 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 12 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 13 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 14 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 15 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 16 China trip - 15 nights
- 17 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 18 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 19 Japan in July?
- 20 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 21 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 22 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 23 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 24 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 25 2-3 days in Georgia