My partner and I are spending two nights in Bali before picking up an expedition cruise to Borneo next year. We've spent some time in Bali before (ten days in and around Ubud) and are not trying to be tourists this time: we're just arriving a couple of days early so we can be sure we don't miss our ship because of flight delays etc. The ship leaves from the port at Benoa in the south. We're looking for suggestions for a low key but reasonable quality hotel within an hour of the port. We arrive in the evening and have a full day to relax before we board the cruise so would welcome any advice on how to fill in the day as well. We're not into nightclubs and partying, but enjoy cultural things so temples, markets and just wandering in interesting areas would be great.
One day, two nights in southern Bali
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 3 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 4 Japan in December
- 5 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 6 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 7 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 India Add-on
- 10 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 11 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 12 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 13 Travel during China national week?
- 14 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 15 Phuket
- 16 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 17 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 18 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 19 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 20 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 21 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 22 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 23 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 24 India, What Can I Say!
- 25 Honeymoon in Nha Trang