I'm going on a cruise of Vietnam and Cambodia with my parents in late October 2014. The cruise ends in Ho Chi Minh City in the morning, but our flight isn't until 9pm.
I've looked at Trip Advisor for some ideas to the types of tours available, as that's where I've found some 1-day tours for India in the past with great success. Most of the tours are via motorbike, which would be fine for me and mom, but my dad is older and a little overweight, so I feel like that may be an issue (maybe I am wrong?)
We'd like to have a private tour, I'd like to sample some street food (which unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to do while with the cruise tours) and I'm sure Mom would like to add in some shopping. We'll be hitting a lot of the major sites with the cruise tours, so visiting the major sites isn't as vital. Our biggest concern is where we will store our bags between leaving the cruise and going to the airport, which will be about 12 hours.
Any recommendations for tour companies? Price isn't a huge factor, less than $500 for the 3 of us for the day (pickup from hotel, tour, drop off at airport) would be best.
Excited to hear your ideas!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 2 Bali private driver recommendation
- 3 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 4 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 5 North India Itinerary advice
- 6 The Indian money crunch.
- 7 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 8 The truth about elephant tourism
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 15 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 16 Kerala trip
- 17 E Visa for India?
- 18 1-2 months South East Asia
- 19 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 20 Help - India.
- 21 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 22 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 23 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?