I promise to write a trip report in thanks for all your responses to my questions. We are still hoping for Nepal, have back up reservations for Luang Prabang, but I found out this morning that I had read incorrectly and that Luang Prabang is at 100 meters and not 1000 meters as I had thought (read figure for province not city). I had very bad reaction this summer going from zero to 10,000 feet, so would prefer to spend that week at 4,000-6,000.
Is there someplace nice in the Himalayan foothills in India we could go to easily from Bangkok? We know nothing about India and I don't want to give the country money right now, though I remind myself that the Indian govt is not the Indian people.
Thanks--decision time is next Sat night at 8 pm. We may just go to Dwarikas and hole up there and in Dhukhiel if things don't get worse and if we are not making these worse for Nepali
(we are going on to 16 day stay in Bhutan, with 5 day trek). I know--these are pretty privileged problems.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What channel in the Philippines Offer NBA Live Stream Reddit?
- 2 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 3 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 4 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 5 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 6 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Trekking outside Sapa
- 9 Hoi Ann hotel
- 10 Place to stay Hue
- 11 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 12 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 13 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 14 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 15 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 16 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 17 Go to Pai or not?
- 18 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 19 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 20 Thai Island Itinerary
- 21 Thailand
- 22 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 23 Asian Pillows
- 24 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 25 North Korea Day Trip