Asia Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Asia activity »
  1. 1 Traffic and Police in India
  2. 2 New Years in Japan
  3. 3 Trip Report Annapurna Semi Circuit Trekking|BUDGET TRIP 2017
  4. 4 Best natural wonders in Japan?
  5. 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
  6. 6 3 weeks in Japan
  7. 7 Trip Report Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
  8. 8 Trip Report A first time for everything in Japan
  9. 9 India Tour Companies
  10. 10 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
  11. 11 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
  12. 12 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
  13. 13 Tokyo-to do and districts
  14. 14 2 weeks in Vietnam
  15. 15 Kerala House Boat book online?
  16. 16 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
  17. 17 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
  18. 18 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
  19. 19 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
  20. 20 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
  21. 21 Taj Mahal under construction?
  22. 22 Vietnam Dong
  23. 23 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
  24. 24 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
  25. 25 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
View next 25 » Back to the top

Once again, possible Nepal backup

Jump to last reply

Hi everyone,
I promise to write a trip report in thanks for all your responses to my questions. We are still hoping for Nepal, have back up reservations for Luang Prabang, but I found out this morning that I had read incorrectly and that Luang Prabang is at 100 meters and not 1000 meters as I had thought (read figure for province not city). I had very bad reaction this summer going from zero to 10,000 feet, so would prefer to spend that week at 4,000-6,000.

Is there someplace nice in the Himalayan foothills in India we could go to easily from Bangkok? We know nothing about India and I don't want to give the country money right now, though I remind myself that the Indian govt is not the Indian people.

Thanks--decision time is next Sat night at 8 pm. We may just go to Dwarikas and hole up there and in Dhukhiel if things don't get worse and if we are not making these worse for Nepali

(we are going on to 16 day stay in Bhutan, with 5 day trek). I know--these are pretty privileged problems.

6 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement