I promise to write a trip report in thanks for all your responses to my questions. We are still hoping for Nepal, have back up reservations for Luang Prabang, but I found out this morning that I had read incorrectly and that Luang Prabang is at 100 meters and not 1000 meters as I had thought (read figure for province not city). I had very bad reaction this summer going from zero to 10,000 feet, so would prefer to spend that week at 4,000-6,000.
Is there someplace nice in the Himalayan foothills in India we could go to easily from Bangkok? We know nothing about India and I don't want to give the country money right now, though I remind myself that the Indian govt is not the Indian people.
Thanks--decision time is next Sat night at 8 pm. We may just go to Dwarikas and hole up there and in Dhukhiel if things don't get worse and if we are not making these worse for Nepali
(we are going on to 16 day stay in Bhutan, with 5 day trek). I know--these are pretty privileged problems.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Osaka, aquarium?
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 4 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 5 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 6 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 7 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 8 Travel India solo
- 9 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 10 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 11 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 12 North India Itinerary advice
- 13 Indonesia travel agent
- 14 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 15 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 16 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 17 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 18 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 19 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 20 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 21 A beach of choice on Samui
- 22 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 23 Bangkok Taxis
- 24 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 25 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?