I promise to write a trip report in thanks for all your responses to my questions. We are still hoping for Nepal, have back up reservations for Luang Prabang, but I found out this morning that I had read incorrectly and that Luang Prabang is at 100 meters and not 1000 meters as I had thought (read figure for province not city). I had very bad reaction this summer going from zero to 10,000 feet, so would prefer to spend that week at 4,000-6,000.
Is there someplace nice in the Himalayan foothills in India we could go to easily from Bangkok? We know nothing about India and I don't want to give the country money right now, though I remind myself that the Indian govt is not the Indian people.
Thanks--decision time is next Sat night at 8 pm. We may just go to Dwarikas and hole up there and in Dhukhiel if things don't get worse and if we are not making these worse for Nepali
(we are going on to 16 day stay in Bhutan, with 5 day trek). I know--these are pretty privileged problems.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://trycognimaxiq.com/priaboost/
- 2 Best Of Nepal Tour
- 3 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 4 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 5 Japan rough itinerary
- 6 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 7 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 8 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 9 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 10 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 11 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 12 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 13 shanghai for 4 days
- 14 Budget Servied Apt
- 15 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 16 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 18 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 19 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 20 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 21 Something about... Malaysia
- 22 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 23 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 24 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 25 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan