Hello - we are a couple in our late fifties and plan to visit Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Thailand next February for about 2-3 weeks. We've been to China, Hong Kong & Taiwan but haven't been to these countries yet. We don't know if we should go on our own or with a tour group. We want to visit Bangkok, Hanoi, Saigon, Hoi An, Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, and Luang Prabang. I've read how these countries are easy to do on your own but I'm concerned about the language barrier and getting around on our own without an actual tour guide, etc. I appreciate any suggestions!
On our own or Tour Group?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 2 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 Nepal
- 5 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 6 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 7 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 8 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 9 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 10 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 11 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 14 1st time Japan - solo female
- 15 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 16 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 17 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 18 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 19 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 20 Odyssey unlimited
- 21 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 22 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 23 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!