Hello - we are a couple in our late fifties and plan to visit Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Thailand next February for about 2-3 weeks. We've been to China, Hong Kong & Taiwan but haven't been to these countries yet. We don't know if we should go on our own or with a tour group. We want to visit Bangkok, Hanoi, Saigon, Hoi An, Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, and Luang Prabang. I've read how these countries are easy to do on your own but I'm concerned about the language barrier and getting around on our own without an actual tour guide, etc. I appreciate any suggestions!
On our own or Tour Group?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 2 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 3 April in Bangkok, again!
- 4 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 5 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 6 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 7 Problems at 12,000'
- 8 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 9 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 10 Which Putu in Bali????
- 11 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 12 Japan, japan
- 13 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 14 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 15 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 16 Hong Kong restaurants
- 17 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 18 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 19 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 20 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 21 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 22 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 23 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 24 How safe is Delhi/India
- 25 Malaria