Hello - we are a couple in our late fifties and plan to visit Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Thailand next February for about 2-3 weeks. We've been to China, Hong Kong & Taiwan but haven't been to these countries yet. We don't know if we should go on our own or with a tour group. We want to visit Bangkok, Hanoi, Saigon, Hoi An, Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, and Luang Prabang. I've read how these countries are easy to do on your own but I'm concerned about the language barrier and getting around on our own without an actual tour guide, etc. I appreciate any suggestions!
On our own or Tour Group?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 2 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 3 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 4 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 5 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 6 10 days in South Korea?
- 7 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 8 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 9 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 10 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 11 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 12 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 13 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 14 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 15 India at the end of May
- 16 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 17 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 18 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 19 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 20 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 21 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 22 Has anyone used the home visit system in Hiroshima?
- 23 Singapore
- 24 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 25 National Parks - which to choose