Hello - we are a couple in our late fifties and plan to visit Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Thailand next February for about 2-3 weeks. We've been to China, Hong Kong & Taiwan but haven't been to these countries yet. We don't know if we should go on our own or with a tour group. We want to visit Bangkok, Hanoi, Saigon, Hoi An, Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, and Luang Prabang. I've read how these countries are easy to do on your own but I'm concerned about the language barrier and getting around on our own without an actual tour guide, etc. I appreciate any suggestions!
On our own or Tour Group?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 2 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 3 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 4 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 5 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 6 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Japan - spending money?
- 9 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 10 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 11 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 12 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 13 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 14 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 15 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 16 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 17 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 18 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 19 1st Trip to Bali
- 20 Phuket or Koh Samui
- 21 Japan night bus
- 22 Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam - Recommendations on order of Trip!
- 23 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 24 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 25 Can you bargain tour price?