I was planning a trip across Eastern Europe and then looked at the map and got carried away and am now considering taking more time to do this part of the trip aswell!
Here are my main questions:
Can I get to Batumi from Odessa as a passenger without Cargo? How long does it take and around how much would it cost? I found stuff online, but I don't want to believe the prices (over USD100 o.O) If this is true, I have to seriously consider not doing this part of the trip...so if you know anything, could you please let me know?
Getting from Batumi to Tblisi, Yerevan and Ankara shouldn't be too big of a problem with buses right? Where would you recommend taking a stop-over between Yerevan and Ankara (or is it not THAT far?)
Also, does anyone have any experiences with any of the buses in this area? How long are the journeys? Could I do all of this in 2-3 weeks?
Around how much do the buses cost? I have no idea about anything in this part of the world! (I've been to Baku but didn't really travel around with public transport and I've never been to Georgia or Armenia or Eastern Turkey!)
On a slightly different note. Is there a ferry from Odessa to Istanbul?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Store Tech9logy
- 2 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 3 Flights from US to Asia: Which airline to book?
- 4 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 5 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 6 Need help on itinerary for trip to Vietnam in November
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary -- please critique
- 8 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 9 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 10 Vietnam in February for 8 nights
- 11 Short Trip to Japan & South East Asia
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 14 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 15 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 16 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 17 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 18 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 19 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 20 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 21 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 22 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 23 Sulawesi
- 24 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 25 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo