I was planning a trip across Eastern Europe and then looked at the map and got carried away and am now considering taking more time to do this part of the trip aswell!
Here are my main questions:
Can I get to Batumi from Odessa as a passenger without Cargo? How long does it take and around how much would it cost? I found stuff online, but I don't want to believe the prices (over USD100 o.O) If this is true, I have to seriously consider not doing this part of the trip...so if you know anything, could you please let me know?
Getting from Batumi to Tblisi, Yerevan and Ankara shouldn't be too big of a problem with buses right? Where would you recommend taking a stop-over between Yerevan and Ankara (or is it not THAT far?)
Also, does anyone have any experiences with any of the buses in this area? How long are the journeys? Could I do all of this in 2-3 weeks?
Around how much do the buses cost? I have no idea about anything in this part of the world! (I've been to Baku but didn't really travel around with public transport and I've never been to Georgia or Armenia or Eastern Turkey!)
On a slightly different note. Is there a ferry from Odessa to Istanbul?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 2 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 3 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 4 First trip to Japan
- 5 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 6 Northern India in June
- 7 Hakone Free Pass
- 8 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 9 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 10 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 11 OAT trip to India
- 12 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 13 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 14 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 15 Castle & King tour operator review
- 16 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 17 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 18 What beach to choose?!?!
- 19 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 20 Singapore or Bali
- 21 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 22 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 23 RHK'S Spring trip
- 24 Hotels in Beijing
- 25 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai