I was planning a trip across Eastern Europe and then looked at the map and got carried away and am now considering taking more time to do this part of the trip aswell!
Here are my main questions:
Can I get to Batumi from Odessa as a passenger without Cargo? How long does it take and around how much would it cost? I found stuff online, but I don't want to believe the prices (over USD100 o.O) If this is true, I have to seriously consider not doing this part of the trip...so if you know anything, could you please let me know?
Getting from Batumi to Tblisi, Yerevan and Ankara shouldn't be too big of a problem with buses right? Where would you recommend taking a stop-over between Yerevan and Ankara (or is it not THAT far?)
Also, does anyone have any experiences with any of the buses in this area? How long are the journeys? Could I do all of this in 2-3 weeks?
Around how much do the buses cost? I have no idea about anything in this part of the world! (I've been to Baku but didn't really travel around with public transport and I've never been to Georgia or Armenia or Eastern Turkey!)
On a slightly different note. Is there a ferry from Odessa to Istanbul?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1st time backpacking thailand/bali help!!!
- 2 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 3 Advice on 1 Week in Philipines - Diving, Whale Sharks and More
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 5 Kowloon Hotels
- 6 Vegetarian/Vegan in Japan
- 7 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 8 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 9 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 10 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 11 For: Crellston
- 12 Snapshots From Kerala
- 13 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 14 Bangkok in April?!?
- 15 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 16 My visit to Thailand
- 17 India Trip Report
- 18 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 19 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 20 My visit to Cambodia
- 21 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 22 New Member
- 23 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 24 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 25 My visit to Vietnam