I was planning a trip across Eastern Europe and then looked at the map and got carried away and am now considering taking more time to do this part of the trip aswell!
Here are my main questions:
Can I get to Batumi from Odessa as a passenger without Cargo? How long does it take and around how much would it cost? I found stuff online, but I don't want to believe the prices (over USD100 o.O) If this is true, I have to seriously consider not doing this part of the trip...so if you know anything, could you please let me know?
Getting from Batumi to Tblisi, Yerevan and Ankara shouldn't be too big of a problem with buses right? Where would you recommend taking a stop-over between Yerevan and Ankara (or is it not THAT far?)
Also, does anyone have any experiences with any of the buses in this area? How long are the journeys? Could I do all of this in 2-3 weeks?
Around how much do the buses cost? I have no idea about anything in this part of the world! (I've been to Baku but didn't really travel around with public transport and I've never been to Georgia or Armenia or Eastern Turkey!)
On a slightly different note. Is there a ferry from Odessa to Istanbul?
Thank you so much in advance!
Odessa to Georgia and Armenia, Turkey and then Greece
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 2 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 3 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 6 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 7 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 8 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 9 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 10 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 11 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 12 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 13 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 14 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 15 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 16 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 17 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 18 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 19 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 20 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 21 Kashmir today
- 22 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 25 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.