I was planning a trip across Eastern Europe and then looked at the map and got carried away and am now considering taking more time to do this part of the trip aswell!
Here are my main questions:
Can I get to Batumi from Odessa as a passenger without Cargo? How long does it take and around how much would it cost? I found stuff online, but I don't want to believe the prices (over USD100 o.O) If this is true, I have to seriously consider not doing this part of the trip...so if you know anything, could you please let me know?
Getting from Batumi to Tblisi, Yerevan and Ankara shouldn't be too big of a problem with buses right? Where would you recommend taking a stop-over between Yerevan and Ankara (or is it not THAT far?)
Also, does anyone have any experiences with any of the buses in this area? How long are the journeys? Could I do all of this in 2-3 weeks?
Around how much do the buses cost? I have no idea about anything in this part of the world! (I've been to Baku but didn't really travel around with public transport and I've never been to Georgia or Armenia or Eastern Turkey!)
On a slightly different note. Is there a ferry from Odessa to Istanbul?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - September 2015
- 2 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 3 BUSAN, attractions and hidden viewpoint hiking!
- 4 Burma or Laos.
- 5 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 6 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 7 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 8 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 9 best town to stay at for vsiting in Cultural Triangle area?
- 10 Tips for PNG (Varirata NP & POM stay)
- 11 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 12 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 13 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 14 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 15 hanoi eats
- 16 Hakone accommodation options
- 17 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 18 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 19 Visa
- 20 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 21 Restaurants
- 22 My First Passage to India
- 23 Northern Vietnam Itinerary
- 24 Castle & King tour operator review
- 25 Indiana to India Via Texas