I loved the first few paragraphs of this article which reflects the advice old-timers here routinely give to newbies:
"In travel it is seldom acknowledged how routinely people pile on excess. And while this may not hold true on cruises or Club Med, where the biggest daily challenge is finding the proper level of SPF, among independent travelers the tendency is to take on countries, regions, continents, galaxies.
From the placid vantage of a laptop, the world looks manageable. In real time, the degree of travel difficulty unfolds in agonizing increments. Did I really think I could fit all that into a week? I did."
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 2 Can I access my AOL email in China?
- 3 Help with 2 week itinerary; Beijing to Hong Kong
- 4 Japan / Korea Trip
- 5 vietnam visa
- 6 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 7 Getting a Tote from Thailand-JFK
- 8 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 9 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 10 Taiwan confusion..
- 11 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 12 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 13 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 14 Japan GTG, early April
- 15 Tokyo daytrip
- 16 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 17 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 18 Trip Report : China
- 19 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 20 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 21 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 22 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 23 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 24 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback