I loved the first few paragraphs of this article which reflects the advice old-timers here routinely give to newbies:
"In travel it is seldom acknowledged how routinely people pile on excess. And while this may not hold true on cruises or Club Med, where the biggest daily challenge is finding the proper level of SPF, among independent travelers the tendency is to take on countries, regions, continents, galaxies.
From the placid vantage of a laptop, the world looks manageable. In real time, the degree of travel difficulty unfolds in agonizing increments. Did I really think I could fit all that into a week? I did."
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 2 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 3 sri lanka- tips required
- 4 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 5 base bangkok or manilla
- 6 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 9 Idiotic time zone question
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 12 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 13 Mount Koya
- 14 Sometahing is wrong
- 15 Twin rooms in Japan
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Change my Itinerary?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week