I loved the first few paragraphs of this article which reflects the advice old-timers here routinely give to newbies:
"In travel it is seldom acknowledged how routinely people pile on excess. And while this may not hold true on cruises or Club Med, where the biggest daily challenge is finding the proper level of SPF, among independent travelers the tendency is to take on countries, regions, continents, galaxies.
From the placid vantage of a laptop, the world looks manageable. In real time, the degree of travel difficulty unfolds in agonizing increments. Did I really think I could fit all that into a week? I did."
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 4 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 5 Road Scholar tour in China
- 6 Bali - What to do?
- 7 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 10 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 11 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 Being customs
- 14 Itinerary feedback please
- 15 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 16 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 17 Tips in Myanmar
- 18 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 19 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 20 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 21 myanmar
- 22 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 23 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 24 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 25 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka