I am looking for a place for my family (5 people) to stay in Nozawa Onsen. We are looking for a traditional ryokan or an apartment close to the center of town and not far from the ski hill (as we will not have a car). Also hoping to find something resonably priced (aka not $500/night per person).
Is it worth it to book a ryokan with an onsen when there are so many public ones in the town?
Has anyone been skiing here at the end of March? Will it be slushy cement?
Any reccomendations or tips are greatly appreciated - Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Changing planes at Dubai
- 2 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 3 50th Anniversary trip
- 4 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 5 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 6 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 14 days in Myanmar
- 9 Indian Food Series
- 10 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 11 "necessities" for India
- 12 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 15 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 16 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 17 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 18 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 19 Short trip to Myanmar
- 20 ATMs in Japan
- 21 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 22 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 23 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 24 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 25 Gang rape in India. Again.