My fiancé and I are getting married in November (cutting it close...I know) and are currently looking into honeymoons in Thailand. We would like to visit 2 cities/area while we are there; preferably Phuket/Krabi for some Beach R&R and then to Bangkok. We are not restricted by the number of nights in each place, but more so by budget. Our total airfare & hotel budget is ~$4000 for the trip (food & other incidentals not included). We are coming from Washington DC; or could also depart from NYC/JFK.
Hotel wise in Phuket, we are ideally looking for something non-touristy and not a big resort, while also being on the beach. In Bangkok we are sort of open as far hotels are concerned.
Is it possible (and worth it) to do both areas in one trip on that budget (we know we can definitely do one or the other)? Thanks in advance for all your advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong Trip planning
- 2 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 3 Japan: T-Mobile?
- 4 Malaria in Yangshuo/Guilin/Yunnan Province?
- 5 Japanese Alps
- 6 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 7 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 8 Help! Shanghai intern housing
- 9 Tiger Temple
- 10 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 11 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 12 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 13 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 14 Driving in Japan
- 15 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 16 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 17 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 18 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 19 First time trip to Japan questions
- 20 Laos in the end of June
- 21 Japan & WiFi
- 22 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 23 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 24 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 25 Hong Kong, Macau and ?