My fiancé and I are getting married in November (cutting it close...I know) and are currently looking into honeymoons in Thailand. We would like to visit 2 cities/area while we are there; preferably Phuket/Krabi for some Beach R&R and then to Bangkok. We are not restricted by the number of nights in each place, but more so by budget. Our total airfare & hotel budget is ~$4000 for the trip (food & other incidentals not included). We are coming from Washington DC; or could also depart from NYC/JFK.
Hotel wise in Phuket, we are ideally looking for something non-touristy and not a big resort, while also being on the beach. In Bangkok we are sort of open as far hotels are concerned.
Is it possible (and worth it) to do both areas in one trip on that budget (we know we can definitely do one or the other)? Thanks in advance for all your advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time getting out of the country
- 2 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 3 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 4 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 5 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 6 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 7 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 8 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 9 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 10 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 11 Planning my Philippines trip
- 12 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 13 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 14 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 15 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 16 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 17 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 18 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 19 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 20 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 21 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 22 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 23 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 24 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 25 November, March, June... Japan?