My fiancé and I are getting married in November (cutting it close...I know) and are currently looking into honeymoons in Thailand. We would like to visit 2 cities/area while we are there; preferably Phuket/Krabi for some Beach R&R and then to Bangkok. We are not restricted by the number of nights in each place, but more so by budget. Our total airfare & hotel budget is ~$4000 for the trip (food & other incidentals not included). We are coming from Washington DC; or could also depart from NYC/JFK.
Hotel wise in Phuket, we are ideally looking for something non-touristy and not a big resort, while also being on the beach. In Bangkok we are sort of open as far hotels are concerned.
Is it possible (and worth it) to do both areas in one trip on that budget (we know we can definitely do one or the other)? Thanks in advance for all your advice and suggestions!
November Thailand Honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Problems at 12,000'
- 6 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 7 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 8 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 9 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 10 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 11 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 12 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 13 Which Putu in Bali????
- 14 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 15 Japan, japan
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 19 Hong Kong restaurants
- 20 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 21 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 22 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 23 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 24 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 25 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed