My fiancé and I are getting married in November (cutting it close...I know) and are currently looking into honeymoons in Thailand. We would like to visit 2 cities/area while we are there; preferably Phuket/Krabi for some Beach R&R and then to Bangkok. We are not restricted by the number of nights in each place, but more so by budget. Our total airfare & hotel budget is ~$4000 for the trip (food & other incidentals not included). We are coming from Washington DC; or could also depart from NYC/JFK.
Hotel wise in Phuket, we are ideally looking for something non-touristy and not a big resort, while also being on the beach. In Bangkok we are sort of open as far hotels are concerned.
Is it possible (and worth it) to do both areas in one trip on that budget (we know we can definitely do one or the other)? Thanks in advance for all your advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 2 A great trip in India
- 3 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 5 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 6 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 7 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 8 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 9 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 10 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 11 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 12 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 13 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 14 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 15 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 16 Hanoi Hotel
- 17 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 18 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 19 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 20 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 21 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 22 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 23 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 24 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 25 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?