My fiancé and I are getting married in November (cutting it close...I know) and are currently looking into honeymoons in Thailand. We would like to visit 2 cities/area while we are there; preferably Phuket/Krabi for some Beach R&R and then to Bangkok. We are not restricted by the number of nights in each place, but more so by budget. Our total airfare & hotel budget is ~$4000 for the trip (food & other incidentals not included). We are coming from Washington DC; or could also depart from NYC/JFK.
Hotel wise in Phuket, we are ideally looking for something non-touristy and not a big resort, while also being on the beach. In Bangkok we are sort of open as far hotels are concerned.
Is it possible (and worth it) to do both areas in one trip on that budget (we know we can definitely do one or the other)? Thanks in advance for all your advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan GTG, early April
- 2 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 3 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 6 Takayama trail, Japan
- 7 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 8 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 9 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 15 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 17 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 18 Visa for India
- 19 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 Hútòng Walking
- 22 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 23 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 24 21 Hours in Hong Kong
- 25 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand