Need help finalizing our Thai itinerary based on everyone's previous inputs. Would appreciate your comments / concerns. Here is what we plan, self driving a rented car:
2 nights in Chiang Mai to counter jet lag, then pick up car and on to Chaing Rai – see white temple on the way
Chiang Rai overnight then
Sightsee in Chiang Rai and on to Mae Fah Luang garden (Doi Tung) about 1 hour or so drive time - About 2 hours plus lunch at garden = 3 hours then drive to Chiang Saen for overnight
From Chiang Saen drive to Sop Ruak, Hall of Opium about 3 hours incl lunch , Mai Sai (drive time to Mae Salong 1 hr 15 minutes)
Mae Salong overnight
Morning market, local sights etc.
Mae Salong overnight again then Drive from Mae Salong to Thaton,
Fang and then to Chiang Dao
Chiang Dao overnight
Drive to Pai,
Pai overnight drive to Mae Hong Song stopping at Soppong morning market
Mae Hong Song overnight
drive to Mae Sariang
Mae Sariang overnight then drive back to Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai overnight - perhaps a Thai cooking school for a day
Chiang Mai overnight
Continue our trip flying back to Bangkok and on to our next destination (India, but this time on a tour)
Thanks for all your help - can't wait to get started
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam introduces E-Visas for 40 countries
- 2 Free Tour Guide In Hoi An, Viet Nam
- 3 Impressions of India
- 4 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 5 http://www.essentialdetoxsweden.com/retinolla-med-revoluxe/
- 6 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 7 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 8 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 14 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 15 Takayama trail, Japan
- 16 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 17 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 18 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 19 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 20 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 21 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 22 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 23 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 24 Visa for India
- 25 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?