Need help finalizing our Thai itinerary based on everyone's previous inputs. Would appreciate your comments / concerns. Here is what we plan, self driving a rented car:
2 nights in Chiang Mai to counter jet lag, then pick up car and on to Chaing Rai – see white temple on the way
Chiang Rai overnight then
Sightsee in Chiang Rai and on to Mae Fah Luang garden (Doi Tung) about 1 hour or so drive time - About 2 hours plus lunch at garden = 3 hours then drive to Chiang Saen for overnight
From Chiang Saen drive to Sop Ruak, Hall of Opium about 3 hours incl lunch , Mai Sai (drive time to Mae Salong 1 hr 15 minutes)
Mae Salong overnight
Morning market, local sights etc.
Mae Salong overnight again then Drive from Mae Salong to Thaton,
Fang and then to Chiang Dao
Chiang Dao overnight
Drive to Pai,
Pai overnight drive to Mae Hong Song stopping at Soppong morning market
Mae Hong Song overnight
drive to Mae Sariang
Mae Sariang overnight then drive back to Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai overnight - perhaps a Thai cooking school for a day
Chiang Mai overnight
Continue our trip flying back to Bangkok and on to our next destination (India, but this time on a tour)
Thanks for all your help - can't wait to get started
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 2 Driving in Laos
- 3 Chiang Mai seven days - help please?
- 4 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 5 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 6 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 7 Cheapest and safe alternative for individual transportation
- 8 Keng Tung Trek, difficult, moderate, or easy?
- 9 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 10 An extra day or two--suggestions? (Kanto, Chubu, Kinki or Chugoku)
- 11 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 12 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 13 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 14 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 15 Singapòre with a 9 year old
- 16 Malaysian honeymoon
- 17 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 18 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 19 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 20 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 21 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 22 India - 2 Days only
- 23 China with Collette Tours
- 24 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)