Need help finalizing our Thai itinerary based on everyone's previous inputs. Would appreciate your comments / concerns. Here is what we plan, self driving a rented car:
2 nights in Chiang Mai to counter jet lag, then pick up car and on to Chaing Rai – see white temple on the way
Chiang Rai overnight then
Sightsee in Chiang Rai and on to Mae Fah Luang garden (Doi Tung) about 1 hour or so drive time - About 2 hours plus lunch at garden = 3 hours then drive to Chiang Saen for overnight
From Chiang Saen drive to Sop Ruak, Hall of Opium about 3 hours incl lunch , Mai Sai (drive time to Mae Salong 1 hr 15 minutes)
Mae Salong overnight
Morning market, local sights etc.
Mae Salong overnight again then Drive from Mae Salong to Thaton,
Fang and then to Chiang Dao
Chiang Dao overnight
Drive to Pai,
Pai overnight drive to Mae Hong Song stopping at Soppong morning market
Mae Hong Song overnight
drive to Mae Sariang
Mae Sariang overnight then drive back to Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai overnight - perhaps a Thai cooking school for a day
Chiang Mai overnight
Continue our trip flying back to Bangkok and on to our next destination (India, but this time on a tour)
Thanks for all your help - can't wait to get started
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 2 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 3 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 4 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 5 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 6 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 7 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 8 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 9 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 10 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 11 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 12 Nepal
- 13 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 14 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 17 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 18 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 19 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 20 1st time Japan - solo female
- 21 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 24 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 25 Odyssey unlimited