Need help finalizing our Thai itinerary based on everyone's previous inputs. Would appreciate your comments / concerns. Here is what we plan, self driving a rented car:
2 nights in Chiang Mai to counter jet lag, then pick up car and on to Chaing Rai – see white temple on the way
Chiang Rai overnight then
Sightsee in Chiang Rai and on to Mae Fah Luang garden (Doi Tung) about 1 hour or so drive time - About 2 hours plus lunch at garden = 3 hours then drive to Chiang Saen for overnight
From Chiang Saen drive to Sop Ruak, Hall of Opium about 3 hours incl lunch , Mai Sai (drive time to Mae Salong 1 hr 15 minutes)
Mae Salong overnight
Morning market, local sights etc.
Mae Salong overnight again then Drive from Mae Salong to Thaton,
Fang and then to Chiang Dao
Chiang Dao overnight
Drive to Pai,
Pai overnight drive to Mae Hong Song stopping at Soppong morning market
Mae Hong Song overnight
drive to Mae Sariang
Mae Sariang overnight then drive back to Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai overnight - perhaps a Thai cooking school for a day
Chiang Mai overnight
Continue our trip flying back to Bangkok and on to our next destination (India, but this time on a tour)
Thanks for all your help - can't wait to get started
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy Data-based Registered High Quality Real Documents.
- 2 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 3 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 4 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 5 Vietnam in January
- 6 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 7 Italy from an Asian base
- 8 Where to Layover
- 9 2 weeks in Java
- 10 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 11 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 12 The Must-see temples in Bali!!
- 13 9 days in Bali
- 14 4.5 days in Singapore
- 15 Blooming chart in Japan
- 16 Travel to India in May?
- 17 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 18 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 19 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 20 Saigon: French, War, Now Ho Chi Minh
- 21 Layover in Hong Kong
- 22 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 23 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 24 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 25 Bus service in Nepal