Need help finalizing our Thai itinerary based on everyone's previous inputs. Would appreciate your comments / concerns. Here is what we plan, self driving a rented car:
2 nights in Chiang Mai to counter jet lag, then pick up car and on to Chaing Rai – see white temple on the way
Chiang Rai overnight then
Sightsee in Chiang Rai and on to Mae Fah Luang garden (Doi Tung) about 1 hour or so drive time - About 2 hours plus lunch at garden = 3 hours then drive to Chiang Saen for overnight
From Chiang Saen drive to Sop Ruak, Hall of Opium about 3 hours incl lunch , Mai Sai (drive time to Mae Salong 1 hr 15 minutes)
Mae Salong overnight
Morning market, local sights etc.
Mae Salong overnight again then Drive from Mae Salong to Thaton,
Fang and then to Chiang Dao
Chiang Dao overnight
Drive to Pai,
Pai overnight drive to Mae Hong Song stopping at Soppong morning market
Mae Hong Song overnight
drive to Mae Sariang
Mae Sariang overnight then drive back to Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai overnight - perhaps a Thai cooking school for a day
Chiang Mai overnight
Continue our trip flying back to Bangkok and on to our next destination (India, but this time on a tour)
Thanks for all your help - can't wait to get started
- 1 Bali Diving on 2014?
- 2 Indian Visa
- 3 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 4 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 5 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 6 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 7 What are the things you look out for in a luxury hotel?
- 8 Magical India
- 9 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 10 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 11 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 12 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 13 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 14 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 15 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 16 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 17 Don't use World Expeditions
- 18 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 19 First time in Japan
- 20 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 21 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 22 Heyloo Hampi
- 23 Southern India
- 24 Bangkok - November 2014
- 25 Villa in Canggu Bali