I have a possibility of going with a group of collegues to vietnam and cambodia. There are two options: a longer trip of 12 days (actually 10 full days touring) or a shorter version of 9 days (actually 7 full days including a few hours possibly at the end leaving the Ho Chi Minh City airport and visiting the city for a few hours. The Short version does the north: Hanoi and Halong Bay and Siem Rep-Angkor Thom-Angkor Wat, Bang Malea then going to Ho Chi Minh City in the AM to transfer to an international flight in the evening back to the uSA. The longer version lands in Ho Chi Minh City-tours this then goes to Hoi An and Hue. The trip is with Kenington Tours. There are multiple options for flying to VietNam: everyone doing things a little different. I was thinking going Cathay Pacific and staying in Hong Kong for two full days apart from the departure and arrival (if I do this suspect will leave 9AM from NYC-another option is leaving the evening before and transfering in Vancoover at 2AM). Question is what does the South offer different from the North(VietNam). Icoulddothe long+HKortheshort+moredaysin HK
North Vietnam versus South Vietnam
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1st time Japan - solo female
- 2 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 3 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 4 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 5 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 6 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 7 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 8 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 9 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 10 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 11 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 12 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 13 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 14 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 15 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 16 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 17 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 18 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 19 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 20 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 21 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 22 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 23 Japan Itinerary for May
- 24 Thai island escape
- 25 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help