We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kerala- Periyar or Alleppey, which place is more scenic ?
- 2 Trip Report with Pictures and HD Video: Middle East & India
- 3 Arashiyama Excursion
- 4 Hotel reservations for Chiang Mai 11/9-11-16?
- 5 Help with choosing guided tour
- 6 Yunnan to Guilin
- 7 Video : INDIA - Epic journey through India
- 8 Tours for 7 hour lay over in Hong Kong
- 9 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 10 Christmas in Bali
- 11 Christmas in Cambodia
- 12 Best beach in December
- 13 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 14 Hotel swimming pools - Delhi and Kolkata and more
- 15 Paddy fields in Vietnam
- 16 China visa
- 17 Japan: SIM card vs. MiFi
- 18 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 19 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 20 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 21 Visa to Beijing China
- 22 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 23 Hotel in Langkawi
- 24 Good restaurants in Shanghai
- 25 Flight from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai