We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 2 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 3 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 4 Thailand family trip July
- 5 First time to SEA
- 6 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 7 Seoul Searching Questions
- 8 Japanese art
- 9 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 11 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 12 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 13 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 14 Hakone station confusion
- 15 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 16 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 17 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 18 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 19 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 20 Backstreet Academy
- 21 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 22 Visa on Arrival
- 23 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 24 Cebu where to stay
- 25 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary