We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - Your experience?
- 2 http://boosthightestosterones.com/no2-shred-reviews/
- 3 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 4 My Everest Base Camp Trekking with Icicles Adventure Treks
- 5 Driving in Japan
- 6 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 7 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 8 Online Pharmacy and Medical Store India
- 9 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 10 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 11 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 12 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 13 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 14 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 15 First time trip to Japan questions
- 16 Laos in the end of June
- 17 Japan & WiFi
- 18 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 19 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 20 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 21 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 22 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 23 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 24 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 25 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report