We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - recent experience
- 2 Ubud - Home Rental Locations?
- 3 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 4 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 5 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 6 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 7 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 8 Kathie's Machu Picchu trip report is now available
- 9 Help! Which to choose?
- 10 North Vietnam Again!
- 11 Castle & King
- 12 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 13 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 14 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 15 One week in Thailand
- 16 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 17 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 18 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 19 India and Nepal 2014
- 20 Independent female traveller
- 21 Tour company practices
- 22 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 23 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 24 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 25 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015