We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 3 Currency in South Korea
- 4 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 5 India - 2 Days only
- 6 5 nights - New delhi, Agra, Jaipur - How to plan
- 7 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 8 Best way to Shimla from Delhi ?
- 9 Driver in South India
- 10 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 11 Places to visit in India in October
- 12 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 13 Kyushu rail pass
- 14 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 15 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 16 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts
- 17 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 18 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 19 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 20 6 full days in Yagoon
- 21 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 22 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 23 Amphawa Floating Market
- 24 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 25 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan