We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 4 Hotel suggestion-Ranchi
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 7 Travel India solo
- 8 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 9 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 10 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 11 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 12 North India Itinerary advice
- 13 Indonesia travel agent
- 14 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 15 Osaka, aquarium?
- 16 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 17 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 18 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 19 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 20 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 21 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 22 A beach of choice on Samui
- 23 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 24 Bangkok Taxis
- 25 3 weeks - first time SEA