We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Haneda Airport to Narita Airport
- 2 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 3 Restaurants in Singapore
- 4 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 5 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 6 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 7 Where to go?
- 8 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 9 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 10 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 11 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 12 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 13 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 14 Which airport for Tokyo
- 15 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 16 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 17 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 18 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 19 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 20 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 21 India at the end of May
- 22 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 23 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 24 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 25 Great Wall hike