We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2-3 days in Georgia
- 2 2 days in Tbilisi
- 3 A train ride through Java
- 4 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali
- 5 Three weeks in beautiful Sri Lanka
- 6 best town to stay at for vsiting in Cultural Triangle area?
- 7 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 8 My First India Trip
- 9 5 days Japan
- 10 Kathie’s Return to Jogja
- 11 Castle & King tour questions
- 12 Would This Deter You From Flying On Lao Airlines?
- 13 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 14 Shanghai to Guilin Weekend Trip-July
- 15 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 16 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 17 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 18 JAPANiCAN.com
- 19 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 20 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 21 2+3 days in Hong Kong - help w. planning
- 22 Bicycle riding required?
- 23 hanoi eats
- 24 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 25 Air Asia All You Can Fly