We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 2 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 3 Vaccinations
- 4 Southern India here we come
- 5 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 6 Chengdu and Beijing
- 7 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 8 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 9 Seoul Searching Questions
- 10 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 11 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 12 2 months in Indonesia
- 13 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 14 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 15 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 16 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 17 I miss Mongolia
- 18 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 19 Visa on Arrival
- 20 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 21 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 22 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 23 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 24 Japanese art
- 25 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??