We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 6 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Problems at 12,000'
- 9 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 10 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 11 Which Putu in Bali????
- 12 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 13 Japan, japan
- 14 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 15 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 16 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 17 Hong Kong restaurants
- 18 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 19 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 20 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 21 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 22 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 23 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 24 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 25 How safe is Delhi/India