We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 2 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 3 Stop-over in Seoul
- 4 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 5 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 6 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 7 Bali in begging of July
- 8 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 9 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 10 Bali - January 2015
- 11 Hiring a car and driver in Bali
- 12 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 13 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 14 meeting at beijing airport
- 15 One week in Tokyo
- 16 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 17 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 18 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 19 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 20 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 21 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 22 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 23 Hotel in Singapore
- 24 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 25 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand