We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 3 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 4 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 5 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 6 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 7 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 8 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 9 Family Trip to Japan
- 10 5 weeks in Japan
- 11 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 12 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 13 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 14 New Member
- 15 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 16 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 17 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 18 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 19 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 20 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 22 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 23 Lodge in Borneo
- 24 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 25 China and Japan help