We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 2 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 3 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 4 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 5 Bicycle riding required?
- 6 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 7 Visa for India
- 8 Please help us find our MISSING friend
- 9 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 10 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 11 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 12 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 13 Buying jewelry in India
- 14 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 15 Chiang Mai
- 16 Phuket Weather
- 17 hanoi eats
- 18 Castle & King tour operator review
- 19 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 20 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 21 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 22 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 23 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 24 Mongolia itinerary
- 25 Buying Jewelry in India