We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 North Vietnam Again!
- 2 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 3 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 4 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 5 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 6 Has anyone seen any tandem bicycle rentals in Luang Prabang?
- 7 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 8 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 9 Driving in Laos
- 10 Best Taiwan Sites
- 11 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 12 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 13 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 14 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 15 Passport Safety
- 16 Sightseeing suggestions for Manila
- 17 My trip report from the Philippines
- 18 Art in Shanghai
- 19 One week in Thailand
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 22 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 23 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 24 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 25 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket