We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
- 1 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 2 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 3 India's Online VISA Application
- 4 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 5 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 6 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 7 South East Asia
- 8 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 9 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 10 Volunteers needed to help children in Indonesia, Kenya, Thailand
- 11 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 12 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 13 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 14 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 15 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 16 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 19 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 20 Magical India
- 21 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 22 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 23 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 24 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 25 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram