We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 3 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 4 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 5 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 6 India, What Can I Say!
- 7 Phuket
- 8 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 9 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 10 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 11 Destination Bangkok, again
- 12 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 13 Travel during China national week?
- 14 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 15 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 16 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 17 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 18 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 19 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 20 Angkor - when to go?
- 21 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 22 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 23 India with 4 kids
- 24 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 25 And there goes the neighborhood........