We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 2 India Trip Report
- 3 Uodated and Hopefully Final itinerary- Would love Feedback!!
- 4 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 5 For Bangkok Lovers
- 6 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 7 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 8 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 9 Visiting China - must be tour
- 10 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 11 Drive from Kanazawa to Noto Peninsula
- 12 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 13 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 14 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 15 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 16 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 17 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 18 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 19 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 21 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 24 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 25 Hakone and Mt Fuji