We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
- 1 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 2 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 3 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 4 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 5 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 6 independent travel in India
- 7 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 8 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 9 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 10 Magical India
- 11 geisha performance
- 12 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 13 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 14 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 15 Trip report China
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 18 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 19 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 20 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 21 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 22 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 23 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 24 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 25 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.