We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2nd location on the beach
- 2 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 3 Thailand - Food recos
- 4 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 5 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 6 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 7 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 8 Laos for the backpacker
- 9 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 10 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 11 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 12 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 13 Thailand Hotel
- 14 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 15 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 16 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 17 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 18 vietnam and laos
- 19 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 20 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 21 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 22 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 23 5 nights in Japan.
- 24 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 25 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?