We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel Suggestions for the Stans and companions requested
- 2 travel to Kuala Lumpur July 4-12
- 3 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 4 Davao Travel and sights, to do's
- 5 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 6 JR Summer Seasonal Trains
- 7 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
- 8 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 9 What are the places to visit in Sikkim
- 10 China itinerary
- 11 Castle & King tour operator review
- 12 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 13 June 4-10 accommodations near Minzu University (Beijing)?
- 14 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 15 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 16 First trip to Japan
- 17 Immigration/customs Turkey to Pakistan
- 18 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 19 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 20 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 21 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 22 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 23 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 24 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 25 Northern India in June