We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 17-Day Itinerary
- 2 vietnam transportation
- 3 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 4 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 5 Need Help for the itinerary
- 6 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 9 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 10 12 days in Japan
- 11 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 12 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 13 Tigerwalah Experience
- 14 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 15 Where best to stay in Penang
- 16 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 17 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 18 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 19 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 20 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 21 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 22 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 23 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 24 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 25 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation