We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
- 1 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 2 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 3 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 4 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 5 1 week Philippines
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 8 Japan: best time to go?
- 9 Magical India
- 10 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 11 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 12 Travel Insurance
- 13 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 14 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 15 SALAY from BAGAN
- 16 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 17 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 18 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 19 cell phone in india
- 20 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 21 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 22 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 23 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 24 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 25 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?