We are flying into Yinchuan for a few days to then drive over to Inner Mongolia and see some desert scenery. Unfortunately we only have a few days and can't make it to Badain Jaran or fly into Jiayuguan. We are thinking of going to Alxa Zuoqi (阿拉善左旗) and possibly spending a night there, with our other nights in the Kepinski in Yinchuan. Does anyone have ANY recommendations at all for this area? I will need a jeep to go to the desert, any recommended tour operators? I figure I'll just find one once we get to Yinchuan, but advice always appreciated. I've found information about this region is hard to come by, so recommendations for food, lodging, day trips....all appreciated.
Also any experiences at Shapotou? I can't decide if it's worth going to...looks way too built up, but could be fun.
Ningxia / Inner Mongolia / Yinchuan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 best dining in Kyoto
- 2 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 3 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 4 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 5 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 6 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 7 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 8 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 9 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 10 Colombo
- 11 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 12 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 13 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 14 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 15 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 16 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 17 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 18 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 19 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 20 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 21 Nepal- recipe?
- 22 China trip - 15 nights
- 23 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 24 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 25 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM