My husband and I would like to see Nikko and the Tohoku region this October-November.
We are in the early stage of planning therefore we are flexible about when and where .
We'd love to see the cultural sites of Nikko and gardens and nature , perhaps spend one extra day in Uko-Nikko to hike.
In Tohoku we'd hoped to perhaps stay at the Nyuto onsens and explore the mountainside of the region, as well as spend some time in Morioka and Kakunodate because we have read there are interesting remnants of the feudal times.
Are there any other areas that would be good to include ?
Flying into Aomori and out NRT , making our way down seemed like a good idea but it will be more expensive ?
We will use public transportation. Hopefully getting as noted will not be difficult.
Thanks for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 2 3 weeks in Japan
- 3 New Years in Japan
- 4 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 5 A first time for everything in Japan
- 6 India Tour Companies
- 7 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 8 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 9 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 10 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 11 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 12 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 13 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 14 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 15 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 16 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 17 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 18 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 19 Vietnam Dong
- 20 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 21 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 22 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 23 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand