My husband and I would like to see Nikko and the Tohoku region this October-November.
We are in the early stage of planning therefore we are flexible about when and where .
We'd love to see the cultural sites of Nikko and gardens and nature , perhaps spend one extra day in Uko-Nikko to hike.
In Tohoku we'd hoped to perhaps stay at the Nyuto onsens and explore the mountainside of the region, as well as spend some time in Morioka and Kakunodate because we have read there are interesting remnants of the feudal times.
Are there any other areas that would be good to include ?
Flying into Aomori and out NRT , making our way down seemed like a good idea but it will be more expensive ?
We will use public transportation. Hopefully getting as noted will not be difficult.
Thanks for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Italy from an Asian base
- 2 Blooming chart in Japan
- 3 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 4 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 5 Vietnam in January
- 6 Travel to India in May?
- 7 4.5 days in Singapore
- 8 9 days in Bali
- 9 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 10 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 11 Where to Layover
- 12 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 13 2 weeks in Java
- 14 The Must-see temples in Bali!!
- 15 Saigon: French, War, Now Ho Chi Minh
- 16 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 17 Layover in Hong Kong
- 18 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 19 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 20 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 21 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 22 Bus service in Nepal
- 23 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 24 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 25 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions