My husband and I would like to see Nikko and the Tohoku region this October-November.
We are in the early stage of planning therefore we are flexible about when and where .
We'd love to see the cultural sites of Nikko and gardens and nature , perhaps spend one extra day in Uko-Nikko to hike.
In Tohoku we'd hoped to perhaps stay at the Nyuto onsens and explore the mountainside of the region, as well as spend some time in Morioka and Kakunodate because we have read there are interesting remnants of the feudal times.
Are there any other areas that would be good to include ?
Flying into Aomori and out NRT , making our way down seemed like a good idea but it will be more expensive ?
We will use public transportation. Hopefully getting as noted will not be difficult.
Thanks for your input.
Nikko and Tohoku this fall
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok and Manila
- 2 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 3 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 4 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 5 Help re. Visa.
- 6 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 7 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 8 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 9 Visa
- 10 Gluten free in Japan?
- 11 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 12 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 13 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 14 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 15 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 16 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 17 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 18 Need a guide in Burma?
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 21 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 22 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 23 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 24 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 25 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?