My husband and I would like to see Nikko and the Tohoku region this October-November.
We are in the early stage of planning therefore we are flexible about when and where .
We'd love to see the cultural sites of Nikko and gardens and nature , perhaps spend one extra day in Uko-Nikko to hike.
In Tohoku we'd hoped to perhaps stay at the Nyuto onsens and explore the mountainside of the region, as well as spend some time in Morioka and Kakunodate because we have read there are interesting remnants of the feudal times.
Are there any other areas that would be good to include ?
Flying into Aomori and out NRT , making our way down seemed like a good idea but it will be more expensive ?
We will use public transportation. Hopefully getting as noted will not be difficult.
Thanks for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 2 Bali - What to do?
- 3 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 4 Tips in Myanmar
- 5 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 6 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 7 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 8 Road Scholar tour in China
- 9 Being customs
- 10 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 11 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 12 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 13 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 14 myanmar
- 15 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 16 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 17 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 18 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 19 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 20 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 21 A beach of choice on Samui
- 22 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 23 Travel India solo
- 24 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 25 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help