My husband and I would like to see Nikko and the Tohoku region this October-November.
We are in the early stage of planning therefore we are flexible about when and where .
We'd love to see the cultural sites of Nikko and gardens and nature , perhaps spend one extra day in Uko-Nikko to hike.
In Tohoku we'd hoped to perhaps stay at the Nyuto onsens and explore the mountainside of the region, as well as spend some time in Morioka and Kakunodate because we have read there are interesting remnants of the feudal times.
Are there any other areas that would be good to include ?
Flying into Aomori and out NRT , making our way down seemed like a good idea but it will be more expensive ?
We will use public transportation. Hopefully getting as noted will not be difficult.
Thanks for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 2 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 3 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 4 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 5 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 6 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Hong Kong
- 9 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 10 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 11 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 12 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 15 Budget Servied Apt
- 16 Terracotta Warriors
- 17 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 18 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 19 hiking japan sept
- 20 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 21 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 22 The best way to My Son
- 23 Japan Itinerary!
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus