My husband and I would like to see Nikko and the Tohoku region this October-November.
We are in the early stage of planning therefore we are flexible about when and where .
We'd love to see the cultural sites of Nikko and gardens and nature , perhaps spend one extra day in Uko-Nikko to hike.
In Tohoku we'd hoped to perhaps stay at the Nyuto onsens and explore the mountainside of the region, as well as spend some time in Morioka and Kakunodate because we have read there are interesting remnants of the feudal times.
Are there any other areas that would be good to include ?
Flying into Aomori and out NRT , making our way down seemed like a good idea but it will be more expensive ?
We will use public transportation. Hopefully getting as noted will not be difficult.
Thanks for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy Natual Skin Care Products
- 2 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 3 Travel to India in May?
- 4 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!
- 5 Best place to experience the authentic culture in India
- 6 India help with where to go
- 7 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 8 Japan Trip Delayed
- 9 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 10 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 11 Acne Fact Sheet - Routines, Remedies And Lifestyle Changes
- 12 Month long SE Asia trip
- 13 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 14 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 15 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 16 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 17 Cambodia weather
- 18 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 19 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 20 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 21 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 22 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 23 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 24 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 25 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?