My husband and I would like to see Nikko and the Tohoku region this October-November.
We are in the early stage of planning therefore we are flexible about when and where .
We'd love to see the cultural sites of Nikko and gardens and nature , perhaps spend one extra day in Uko-Nikko to hike.
In Tohoku we'd hoped to perhaps stay at the Nyuto onsens and explore the mountainside of the region, as well as spend some time in Morioka and Kakunodate because we have read there are interesting remnants of the feudal times.
Are there any other areas that would be good to include ?
Flying into Aomori and out NRT , making our way down seemed like a good idea but it will be more expensive ?
We will use public transportation. Hopefully getting as noted will not be difficult.
Thanks for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 2 Totally unprepared
- 3 12 Countries in 1 month or less - Need itenary advice please.
- 4 Hanoi Hotel
- 5 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 6 Staying at Phi Phi Don
- 7 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 8 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 9 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 10 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 11 Air Travel in India
- 12 Advice for Japan trip in November
- 13 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 14 where to stay in Bali
- 15 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 16 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 17 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 18 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 19 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 20 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 21 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 22 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 23 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 25 What seems to be my final itinerary