I have my hotels (all but one last night along the MHS loop).
I have my intra-country flights all squared away. Bangkok to CM, CM to Krabi, Krabi to Bangkok.
Now, to decide on my last night along the MHS loop and then decide if I want to drive myself or be driven (and logistics around having a driver).
I am taking four days to do the loop.
First stop will be Hotel des Artistes in Pai for one night.
Fern Resort in Mae Hong Son for two nights
LAST NIGHT - where?
When I wake up from my last night on this drive, I have to drive to Chiang Mai in time to make a 1230 flight to Krabi. I guess that means I should be at the airport at 1030 AM to give me time to drop the car and get inside and checked in. A three hour drive would be fine but closer would be better. It would be nice not to feel rushed to get to the airport.
As far as having a driver, how does that work? I would expect a driver for four days would be quite expensive - or do you just hire someone new at each destination? And if I do get a driver, how much would I expect to pay - is it on par with a rental car, more, less?
Should I rent a car instead? I typically rent in Europe (including the UK when I've been outside London) and it's no problem even when alone.
Kop Koon Kah, again!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AssistZ : VERIZON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :683O VERIZON MAIL 24*7
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 Tipping in India 2017
- 4 sri lanka- tips required
- 5 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 6 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 7 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 8 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 9 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 10 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 11 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 12 Christmas in the Alps
- 13 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 14 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 15 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Laos or Kerala?
- 18 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 19 Bali & Singapore in October
- 20 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 21 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 22 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 23 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 24 Booking on the fly
- 25 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott