I have my hotels (all but one last night along the MHS loop).
I have my intra-country flights all squared away. Bangkok to CM, CM to Krabi, Krabi to Bangkok.
Now, to decide on my last night along the MHS loop and then decide if I want to drive myself or be driven (and logistics around having a driver).
I am taking four days to do the loop.
First stop will be Hotel des Artistes in Pai for one night.
Fern Resort in Mae Hong Son for two nights
LAST NIGHT - where?
When I wake up from my last night on this drive, I have to drive to Chiang Mai in time to make a 1230 flight to Krabi. I guess that means I should be at the airport at 1030 AM to give me time to drop the car and get inside and checked in. A three hour drive would be fine but closer would be better. It would be nice not to feel rushed to get to the airport.
As far as having a driver, how does that work? I would expect a driver for four days would be quite expensive - or do you just hire someone new at each destination? And if I do get a driver, how much would I expect to pay - is it on par with a rental car, more, less?
Should I rent a car instead? I typically rent in Europe (including the UK when I've been outside London) and it's no problem even when alone.
Kop Koon Kah, again!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.biotestosteronexrtry.com/testo-prime/
- 2 November, March, June... Japan?
- 3 Itinerary Help Japan
- 4 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 5 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 9 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 10 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 11 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 12 Silk Road Tour - China
- 13 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 17 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 18 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 19 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 20 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 23 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 24 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 25 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram