I have my hotels (all but one last night along the MHS loop).
I have my intra-country flights all squared away. Bangkok to CM, CM to Krabi, Krabi to Bangkok.
Now, to decide on my last night along the MHS loop and then decide if I want to drive myself or be driven (and logistics around having a driver).
I am taking four days to do the loop.
First stop will be Hotel des Artistes in Pai for one night.
Fern Resort in Mae Hong Son for two nights
LAST NIGHT - where?
When I wake up from my last night on this drive, I have to drive to Chiang Mai in time to make a 1230 flight to Krabi. I guess that means I should be at the airport at 1030 AM to give me time to drop the car and get inside and checked in. A three hour drive would be fine but closer would be better. It would be nice not to feel rushed to get to the airport.
As far as having a driver, how does that work? I would expect a driver for four days would be quite expensive - or do you just hire someone new at each destination? And if I do get a driver, how much would I expect to pay - is it on par with a rental car, more, less?
Should I rent a car instead? I typically rent in Europe (including the UK when I've been outside London) and it's no problem even when alone.
Kop Koon Kah, again!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://thecracksoftwares.com/k7-total-security-free-download/
- 2 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 3 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 4 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 5 Vietnam introduces E-Visas for 40 countries
- 6 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 7 Trip Report : China
- 8 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 9 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 10 Japan itinerary advice
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Other than Kyoto?
- 13 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 14 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 17 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 18 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 19 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 20 Beijing tours
- 21 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 22 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 23 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 24 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 25 A great trip in India