My two sons (20 and 23) are taking their first trip to Japan next month. Due to school/job calendar requirements, they will be there from December 27th through January 9th. Their plan is to spend most of their time in Tokyo and Kyoto, but recently learned that during New Year's week, much of the country will be "closed". Would greatly appreciate any insights that would help mitigate this- e.g,. things that might be open, or ideas for sightseeing, eating etc. so as to make the best use of this wonderful travel opportunity together.Thanks in advance!
New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 2 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 3 Myanmar - some questions
- 4 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 5 July itinerary in Japan
- 6 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 7 Kelly Speca is very much interested to visit India this season.
- 8 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 9 Transit Hanoi Airport again? Long time transit? Somewhere to sleep?
- 10 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 11 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 12 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 13 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 14 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 15 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 16 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 17 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 18 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 19 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 20 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 21 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 22 hokkaido outskirts
- 23 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 24 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 25 India and Nepal 2014