My two sons (20 and 23) are taking their first trip to Japan next month. Due to school/job calendar requirements, they will be there from December 27th through January 9th. Their plan is to spend most of their time in Tokyo and Kyoto, but recently learned that during New Year's week, much of the country will be "closed". Would greatly appreciate any insights that would help mitigate this- e.g,. things that might be open, or ideas for sightseeing, eating etc. so as to make the best use of this wonderful travel opportunity together.Thanks in advance!
New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 2 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 3 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 4 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 5 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 6 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 7 Photos from India!
- 8 How to handle cash in Japan
- 9 Great Wall hike
- 10 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 11 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 12 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 13 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 14 Six days in Hong Kong
- 15 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 16 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 17 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 18 Storing photos while traveling
- 19 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 20 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 21 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 22 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 23 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 24 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 25 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey