My two sons (20 and 23) are taking their first trip to Japan next month. Due to school/job calendar requirements, they will be there from December 27th through January 9th. Their plan is to spend most of their time in Tokyo and Kyoto, but recently learned that during New Year's week, much of the country will be "closed". Would greatly appreciate any insights that would help mitigate this- e.g,. things that might be open, or ideas for sightseeing, eating etc. so as to make the best use of this wonderful travel opportunity together.Thanks in advance!
New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 2 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 3 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 4 Good tour/tour operator for Vietnam
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 8 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 9 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 10 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 13 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 14 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 15 How safe is Delhi/India
- 16 Malaria
- 17 Vietnam and coffee
- 18 I'm going to Japan!
- 19 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 20 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 21 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 22 Cherry blossom
- 23 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 24 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 25 Shopping in Akhiabara