Thinking of going to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) over Dec. 30, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 with wife and 3 teen age daughters (all great travelers). Have flight reservations (not an issue as wife works for airline) but was wondering if things will be too crowded during that week and we should plan on another visit OR any advice you have on going and doing during that week. I have the Fodor's book (free plug to the website), so I would only respectfully need the names of a few places to visit (museums, shrines, etc. and decent - not high or low end lodging that is reasonably located so we're not going all over the place) as I can look up websites and such. We do know to visit the Imperial Palace and are thinking of spending most of the time in Tokyo with 2 days in Kyoto, but are flexible. Thank you!!!
new year's trip to japan?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 2 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 3 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 4 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 5 introduce myself
- 6 independent travel in India
- 7 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 8 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 9 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 10 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 11 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 12 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 13 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 14 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 15 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 16 Magical India
- 17 geisha performance
- 18 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 19 Trip report China
- 20 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 23 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 24 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 25 Myanmar and Mt Popa