Thinking of going to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) over Dec. 30, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 with wife and 3 teen age daughters (all great travelers). Have flight reservations (not an issue as wife works for airline) but was wondering if things will be too crowded during that week and we should plan on another visit OR any advice you have on going and doing during that week. I have the Fodor's book (free plug to the website), so I would only respectfully need the names of a few places to visit (museums, shrines, etc. and decent - not high or low end lodging that is reasonably located so we're not going all over the place) as I can look up websites and such. We do know to visit the Imperial Palace and are thinking of spending most of the time in Tokyo with 2 days in Kyoto, but are flexible. Thank you!!!
new year's trip to japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 3 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 4 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 5 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 6 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 7 Thoughts on 2-3 week Myanmar itinerary? And local artists/galleries?
- 8 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 9 Thanks for helping make my trip to China amazing!
- 10 Haneda Airport to Narita Airport
- 11 Restaurants in Singapore
- 12 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 13 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 14 Where to go?
- 15 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 16 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 17 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 18 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 19 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 20 Which airport for Tokyo
- 21 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 22 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 23 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 24 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 25 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border