Thinking of going to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) over Dec. 30, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 with wife and 3 teen age daughters (all great travelers). Have flight reservations (not an issue as wife works for airline) but was wondering if things will be too crowded during that week and we should plan on another visit OR any advice you have on going and doing during that week. I have the Fodor's book (free plug to the website), so I would only respectfully need the names of a few places to visit (museums, shrines, etc. and decent - not high or low end lodging that is reasonably located so we're not going all over the place) as I can look up websites and such. We do know to visit the Imperial Palace and are thinking of spending most of the time in Tokyo with 2 days in Kyoto, but are flexible. Thank you!!!
new year's trip to japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 2 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 3 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 4 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 5 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 6 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 7 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 8 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 9 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 10 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 11 India and Nepal 2014
- 12 July itinerary in Japan
- 13 Where in Bali should we stay
- 14 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 15 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 16 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 17 Vietnam or Brazil
- 18 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 19 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?
- 20 Itinerary Feedback - Thailand
- 21 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 22 Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Varanasi, Kolkata-Winter TR!
- 23 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 24 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 25 Any info about Zomato?