Thinking of going to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) over Dec. 30, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 with wife and 3 teen age daughters (all great travelers). Have flight reservations (not an issue as wife works for airline) but was wondering if things will be too crowded during that week and we should plan on another visit OR any advice you have on going and doing during that week. I have the Fodor's book (free plug to the website), so I would only respectfully need the names of a few places to visit (museums, shrines, etc. and decent - not high or low end lodging that is reasonably located so we're not going all over the place) as I can look up websites and such. We do know to visit the Imperial Palace and are thinking of spending most of the time in Tokyo with 2 days in Kyoto, but are flexible. Thank you!!!
new year's trip to japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK weather last week August through first week of September?
- 2 Touristic places in India you wouldn't like to visit
- 3 Help Please - First trip to Thailand, 10 days
- 4 Long-Haul Flight Breakup
- 5 Malaysia & Indonesia in November?
- 6 Sarawak v Khao Sok
- 7 Traveling to India!
- 8 Flying from Yangon to Bagan ... Scared?
- 9 Do you know about Tadoba?
- 10 Rug shopping in India
- 11 Bali - recommendations for car and driver?
- 12 Day Tour . ..Kyoto
- 13 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 14 Vietnam Activities
- 15 Thailand - November or January?
- 16 Top street food locales in Bangkok?
- 17 Do you travel with an air mask (N95) when you go to China?
- 18 Should I go to India?
- 19 Souvenirs/Shopping in Vietnam/Cambodia
- 20 luggage restrictions/asiana airlines
- 21 Sri Lanka - advice needed
- 22 Travel from Phuket to Kho Phi Phi
- 23 Camera Lenses for SE Asia
- 24 How to spend 8 days in Thailand?
- 25 Getting a Chinese visa in Asia for US Citizen?