Thinking of going to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) over Dec. 30, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 with wife and 3 teen age daughters (all great travelers). Have flight reservations (not an issue as wife works for airline) but was wondering if things will be too crowded during that week and we should plan on another visit OR any advice you have on going and doing during that week. I have the Fodor's book (free plug to the website), so I would only respectfully need the names of a few places to visit (museums, shrines, etc. and decent - not high or low end lodging that is reasonably located so we're not going all over the place) as I can look up websites and such. We do know to visit the Imperial Palace and are thinking of spending most of the time in Tokyo with 2 days in Kyoto, but are flexible. Thank you!!!
new year's trip to japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 2 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 3 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 4 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 5 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 6 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 7 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 8 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 9 Krabi island tours
- 10 beaches in Thailand
- 11 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 12 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 13 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 14 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 15 Kyushu rail pass
- 16 6 full days in Yagoon
- 17 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 18 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 19 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 20 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 21 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 22 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 23 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 24 Currency in South Korea
- 25 Tipping in Japan