Thinking of going to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) over Dec. 30, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 with wife and 3 teen age daughters (all great travelers). Have flight reservations (not an issue as wife works for airline) but was wondering if things will be too crowded during that week and we should plan on another visit OR any advice you have on going and doing during that week. I have the Fodor's book (free plug to the website), so I would only respectfully need the names of a few places to visit (museums, shrines, etc. and decent - not high or low end lodging that is reasonably located so we're not going all over the place) as I can look up websites and such. We do know to visit the Imperial Palace and are thinking of spending most of the time in Tokyo with 2 days in Kyoto, but are flexible. Thank you!!!
new year's trip to japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 2 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 3 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 4 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 5 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 6 vietnam and laos
- 7 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 8 My SEA trip - photos update
- 9 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 10 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 11 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 12 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 13 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 14 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 15 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 16 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 17 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 18 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 19 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 20 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 21 Advice needed for April itinerary and rail pass
- 22 visiting Edu castle on 1/2/15
- 23 Are teens dressed in costumes in Harajuku on days other than Sunday?
- 24 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 25 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1