Thinking of going to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) over Dec. 30, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 with wife and 3 teen age daughters (all great travelers). Have flight reservations (not an issue as wife works for airline) but was wondering if things will be too crowded during that week and we should plan on another visit OR any advice you have on going and doing during that week. I have the Fodor's book (free plug to the website), so I would only respectfully need the names of a few places to visit (museums, shrines, etc. and decent - not high or low end lodging that is reasonably located so we're not going all over the place) as I can look up websites and such. We do know to visit the Imperial Palace and are thinking of spending most of the time in Tokyo with 2 days in Kyoto, but are flexible. Thank you!!!
new year's trip to japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 3 Need a guide in Burma?
- 4 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 5 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 6 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 7 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 8 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 9 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 10 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 11 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 12 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 13 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 14 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 15 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 16 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 17 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 18 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 19 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea