Thinking of going to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) over Dec. 30, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 with wife and 3 teen age daughters (all great travelers). Have flight reservations (not an issue as wife works for airline) but was wondering if things will be too crowded during that week and we should plan on another visit OR any advice you have on going and doing during that week. I have the Fodor's book (free plug to the website), so I would only respectfully need the names of a few places to visit (museums, shrines, etc. and decent - not high or low end lodging that is reasonably located so we're not going all over the place) as I can look up websites and such. We do know to visit the Imperial Palace and are thinking of spending most of the time in Tokyo with 2 days in Kyoto, but are flexible. Thank you!!!
new year's trip to japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 2 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 3 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 4 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 5 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 6 Recommended Rent Car for Bromo - Ijen Tour
- 7 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 8 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 9 India at the end of May
- 10 27 days in Indonesia - itinerary help!
- 11 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 12 Creating a Central + East Java Dream Travel!
- 13 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 14 NEPAL CONNECTION Non Profit Restaurant
- 15 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 16 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 17 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 18 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 19 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 20 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 21 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 22 Has anyone used the home visit system in Hiroshima?
- 23 Singapore
- 24 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 25 National Parks - which to choose