Thinking of going to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) over Dec. 30, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 with wife and 3 teen age daughters (all great travelers). Have flight reservations (not an issue as wife works for airline) but was wondering if things will be too crowded during that week and we should plan on another visit OR any advice you have on going and doing during that week. I have the Fodor's book (free plug to the website), so I would only respectfully need the names of a few places to visit (museums, shrines, etc. and decent - not high or low end lodging that is reasonably located so we're not going all over the place) as I can look up websites and such. We do know to visit the Imperial Palace and are thinking of spending most of the time in Tokyo with 2 days in Kyoto, but are flexible. Thank you!!!
new year's trip to japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kashmir today
- 2 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 3 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 6 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 7 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 8 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 9 Nepal - Trekking Tragedy...
- 10 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 11 Triple Room in Singapore
- 12 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 13 What I like about Mumbai
- 14 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 15 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 16 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 17 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 18 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 19 6 full days in Yagoon
- 20 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 21 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo
- 22 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 23 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 24 want suggestion for honeymoon tour place
- 25 Veligandu or Six Senses Laamu