Thinking of going to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) over Dec. 30, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 with wife and 3 teen age daughters (all great travelers). Have flight reservations (not an issue as wife works for airline) but was wondering if things will be too crowded during that week and we should plan on another visit OR any advice you have on going and doing during that week. I have the Fodor's book (free plug to the website), so I would only respectfully need the names of a few places to visit (museums, shrines, etc. and decent - not high or low end lodging that is reasonably located so we're not going all over the place) as I can look up websites and such. We do know to visit the Imperial Palace and are thinking of spending most of the time in Tokyo with 2 days in Kyoto, but are flexible. Thank you!!!
new year's trip to japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 2 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 3 Residential Move - The 3 Week Check-list
- 4 Help needed
- 5 Going to Thailand!
- 6 PERFUME OR THU BON RIVER
- 7 Two questions about Thailand
- 8 Airbnb in HK: any info?
- 9 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 10 Bali - January 2015
- 11 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 12 The age-old question: best time allocation in short trip?
- 13 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 14 Stop-over in Seoul
- 15 2 week Japan itinerary
- 16 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 17 Visa Cambodia
- 18 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 19 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 23 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 24 meeting at beijing airport
- 25 One week in Tokyo